• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ALK issue free Co-Pilot update - new maps, app tweaks and 'just drive' mode.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

ALK, purveyors of the fine 'Co-Pilot' onboard navigation application for Android (and iOS), have today announced a large, free update to the application and it's maps.

Available for download immediately, the new release brings the latest European NAVTEQ maps as well as...

• Enhanced speed camera database

• Power saving mode – This saves battery life by reducing the frequency of map display refreshing when navigating – essential when you forget your in-car charger!

• ”I’m only stopping if it’s a….” – for those drivers or passengers who are fussy about where they stop, the app will now alert you about specific types of POIs on your route

• Improved “Just drive” mode – many users said that they liked to use CoPilot Live without a particular destination in mind – so they can now view the map, get their bearings and receive speed limit / camera alerts.

• Greater control over route calculation. A new fastest vs. shortest route setting makes it easier and clearer to control which way to go.

These are all pretty cool updates, but the big win for me is the 'Just Drive' mode. I often want to drive without a destination pre-set but still take advantage of speed camera notifications / POI indicators, and Just Drive lets me do just that. Excellent! A lot of people say to me 'why would I want another navigation app when I have Google Maps'? For me the raft of additional features on CoPilot alone make it worthwhile (speed cameras, destination management, POI display, night mode etc. etc.) not to mention the fact that as an onboard solution, CoPilot doesn't need a data connection to function - particularly useful when roaming!

CoPilot Live is priced £24.99 for UK and Ireland maps, from £34.99 for Western Europe maps and from £39.99 for the whole of Europe. Visit the Co-Pilot Android site for more information.

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Posted

Tip: click inside this box to load the editor

Posted

I downloaded and installed the updated app. As users will know, the download of map data is separate from the app itself. Despite the promise of a new, FREE map update there is no sign whatsoever that one is available. I certainly have no idea how to get hold of it and have raised a query on the support website....

http://getsatisfaction.com/copilotlive/topics/whre_did_the_free_map_update_go

No reply from ALK so far.

Posted

Shame the update didn't involve ICS . Still cant load it on my Nexus :o(

Posted

Looks like the update DOES work on ICS. I just installed it (full Europe) and it works!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.