Vegacomb 3.2 Update 3 Vs Honey Ice

Guest Moxo6

I'm aware that Honey Ice is more of an addition to Vegacomb 3.2 than a rom in it's own right, but I've heard from some people that It's better and others that it's pretty buggy and this seems to be the only place I ever get a straight answer to something. Is it worth installing Honey Ice? (Currently using 3.2)

Guest IanTurner

Just to add that VIEWcomb 3.2 build 7 has now been released and only needs a 130mb partition for the system.!

Just add that there seems to be a list of known issues for two out of three of the above but not viewcomb . Personally I'd stick to the ones that keep you informed.

do they all still fc the browser if you use flash?that was the only major issue i had with the vegacomb roms real shame as i love the stock honeycomb browser apart from the fc's

Guest mitchb23

do they all still fc the browser if you use flash?that was the only major issue i had with the vegacomb roms real shame as i love the stock honeycomb browser apart from the fc's

I think they do with the stock browser, however honey ice installs an additional browser to use without issues.

Guest Fusion1296

Honey ice fixes a load of issues that vegacomb left behind.

follow the honey ice thread.

hi sorry 2 ask such a silly question but i cant find the honey ice thread anywhere here have i missed something ?

thanks

Viewcomb looked pretty good, except I kept getting the "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol" error. Although I do prefer the 5-row launcher from Viewcomb so I just patched that into Vegacomb 3.2.

Guest IanTurner

I'd stick with vegacomb with its faults as honeyice seems to fix and break things at the same time and a recent report of a honeyice update failing to reconnect after sleep matched a similar report for viewcomb which suggests the latter is the developer integrating honeyice and vegacomb with a different installer which given richardmleas experience of having to enter the wifi setup before installing honeyice sounds like a recipe for disaster with some installations.

• 1 month later...
Guest Zathros

thanks for your reply that explains why i cant find it here .

I just installed honey ice and came from vegacomb latest with my Point of View Mobii tegra2 . All though it solves a lot of issues(stability mostly) it also breaks overall performance just did a test with systemtest from George android and the overall score is 3300 while the Vegacomb set a stunning 4875 which is almost as fast as a Samsung galaxy tab.

Even when working with the device and honey ice rom it's a fair amount slower in handling.

Make your choice between stabler and slower or fast and a bit more freezes/reboots when working.

Dolphin and market is very slow, internal browser is very fast.

I think i'll go back to vegacomb after a while. Even my samsung galaxy plus is faster with android 2.2.2.

Just my 2 ct.

Grts

Ted

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Zathros

The new HoneyIce Chimera is very stable now on both my POV tablets. i can recommend it. so previous version were bit unstable but the last one really rocks this tablet.

thanks for your reply that explains why i cant find it here .

• 4 months later...
Guest jules_lu

Newby, Have just got a secondhand Advent Vega, flashed HoneyIce, which is great, only problem is I keep getting freezing, can anyone help please.

Jules