MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LG OPTIMUS 2X is a good idea?

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I'm looking for a new Android phone and would to like someone can explain me if this phone (LG optimus 2X)is a good option to buy.

I think LG will be update to ice cream next year , but my mean dude is battery life with normal use, and RAM size 512 is enough tu run everthing at same time twitter,facebook,widgets etc....?

thanks alot for your answers!

sorry for my english

Posted · Report post

For the price, I think it's a good buy. 512MB RAM was never an issue for me, and it's the same as the Nexus s has.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah, but it! Why? Cause it is a high quality device at least in my eyes for low budget. The battery has sufficient power, 512 RAM is more than enough, because android can start and stop apps automatically in background, depending on what is needed.

Edited by Macheath

Posted · Report post

To be honest I'd have to say no. It is not a reliable device that "just works" like you'd expect for any phone. You have to mess around with roms and basebands for ages until you get something thats nearly perfect and even then you might get the occasional black screen of death, even if it is only once a month or two.

Id save up a bit more and get something else myself

Posted · Report post

I have tried many customROMs and never get a bsod or similiar, not even on stock. Give it a try and send back if you get bsods what I do not expect.

Posted · Report post

I would not recommend it if you are looking for exceptional perfomance from a smartphone. The stock ROM what we get from LG is not very refined, IMHO. You may try different ROMS and other tweaks and kernels and what nots. At the end it boils down to the theory that to use your car, you have to be a very good mechanic..!

But , the phone has it's own plus points as well. Good look, specifications, pretty decent camera and amazing screen - to mention a few. I have not used Samsung or Motorola or Sony android phones (my previous once was LG P500 - good VFM phone), so cannot comment on the perfomance of other ones. But from the reviews all over the net, it seems that Samsung is a better option comparing to LG P990 - though a bit more costly.

Posted · Report post

The P990/O2X is quite a powerful device. I would recommend it if you want to play games and all, but not have too many services opened up at the same time.

The two problems with the O2X is the relatively bad support from LG/Nvidia (you need people like Arcmee and Paul to add magic to the software) and the lack of internal memory. (I have a lot of services to locate and synchronize everything, so when I want to play a heavy 3d game, I sometimes have to reboot). Other than that, this is truly a great phone. It is value for money :).

Posted · Report post

Hi guys!!

Many thanks to everyone for your feedbacks

I think is a good idea to buy it but problably I will buy another similar core2. I 'm looking for a great performance and this amount of RAM 512 is not enough

THANKS!rolleyes.gif

it's many dual core device right now ex sensation, sensation xe, atrix2, galaxy s2, galaxy note and so on. you can chose not only optimus 2x. and optimus 2x is already old device cause nvidia has already released tegra 3 which is quad core

Edited by antec123

Posted · Report post

it's many dual core device right now ex sensation, sensation xe, atrix2, galaxy s2, galaxy note and so on. you can chose not only optimus 2x. and optimus 2x is already old device cause nvidia has already released tegra 3 which is quad core

i wouldn't go that far, the tegra 3 has been confirmed and the first tablets are due in the new year but no quad core phones have been confirmed to exist yet. The o2x and tegra 2 do still have life in them, i can't see nvidia dropping all support for the chips soon because of the new one, similarly with LG (even with their useless customer service) the o2x and 3D are still their current flagship phones and more than capable of running most apps. The release of GTA 3 with the o2x being named as compatible just goes to show that it is actually a powerful phone once you get through the rubbish LG software. Personally i can't say that i've noticed 512mb of ram on mine being that big of a problem and at the price it is it's still a good value bit of hardware for the money, if only LG had actually made the software work or at least fixed it when all the problems emerged.

i wouldn't go that far, the tegra 3 has been confirmed and the first tablets are due in the new year but no quad core phones have been confirmed to exist yet.  The o2x and tegra 2 do still have life in them, i can't see nvidia dropping all support for the chips soon because of the new one, similarly with LG (even with their useless customer service) the o2x and 3D are still their current flagship phones and more than capable of running most apps.  The release of GTA 3 with the o2x being named as compatible just goes to show that it is actually a powerful phone once you get through the rubbish LG software.  Personally i can't say that i've noticed 512mb of ram on mine being that big of a problem and at the price it is it's still a good value bit of hardware for the money, if only LG had actually made the software work or at least fixed it when all the problems emerged.

use cm7 or MIUI for the OS don't use stock rom if you want to use o2x. yes i have already played GTA 3 on o2x it's good game tough

Edited by antec123

Posted · Report post

use cm7 or MIUI for the OS don't use stock rom if you want to use o2x. yes i have already played GTA 3 on o2x it's good game tough

I do use cm7, its made the phone a lot better but its the reason I'd not recommend this phone to a friend, as good as it is it would be nice if the phone just worked better out the box so everyone that can't flash roms would have a working handset. I think LG cracked the right specs for the phone they just need to tweak the software to make it as good as Paul's version

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Posted · Report post

It's a good idea depending to the price...if you find it for 300€ or less it's a good deal. It has a very good TFT screen, a good CPU and enough ram to run apps without lags.

LG has bad programmers, so default kernel/rom has bugs like memory leak (to solve this, just restart the phone every night, titanium backup does this on my phone), so you can flash AOSP roms like cyanogen, flash the modified roms by topogigi/Paul and spica's kernel, or simply wait for a good 4.0.x stock rom (LG promised it)

Posted · Report post

I would definitly buy this phone again. I'm running CM7 now and everything works great, it's fast enough for games, internet, movies etc. and I have a battery life of 3-4 days.

You can get this device from €260 here in Germany and in combination with this price I think this is really value for money.

And one thing that wasn't mentioned before and that I really like about this device is the HDMI port.

Of course, there are already better devices on the market, but all of these are from at least €400.