LG OPTIMUS 2X is a good idea?

Guest Hadesword

Guest Hadesword

Hi,

I'm looking for a new Android phone and would to like someone can explain me if this phone (LG optimus 2X)is a good option to buy.

I think LG will be update to ice cream next year , but my mean dude is battery life with normal use, and RAM size 512 is enough tu run everthing at same time twitter,facebook,widgets etc....?

thanks alot for your answers!

sorry for my english

Guest Macheath

Yeah, but it! Why? Cause it is a high quality device at least in my eyes for low budget. The battery has sufficient power, 512 RAM is more than enough, because android can start and stop apps automatically in background, depending on what is needed.

Edited by Macheath

Guest mankian

To be honest I'd have to say no. It is not a reliable device that "just works" like you'd expect for any phone. You have to mess around with roms and basebands for ages until you get something thats nearly perfect and even then you might get the occasional black screen of death, even if it is only once a month or two.

Id save up a bit more and get something else myself

I would not recommend it if you are looking for exceptional perfomance from a smartphone. The stock ROM what we get from LG is not very refined, IMHO. You may try different ROMS and other tweaks and kernels and what nots. At the end it boils down to the theory that to use your car, you have to be a very good mechanic..!

But , the phone has it's own plus points as well. Good look, specifications, pretty decent camera and amazing screen - to mention a few. I have not used Samsung or Motorola or Sony android phones (my previous once was LG P500 - good VFM phone), so cannot comment on the perfomance of other ones. But from the reviews all over the net, it seems that Samsung is a better option comparing to LG P990 - though a bit more costly.

Guest c.joenie

The P990/O2X is quite a powerful device. I would recommend it if you want to play games and all, but not have too many services opened up at the same time.

The two problems with the O2X is the relatively bad support from LG/Nvidia (you need people like Arcmee and Paul to add magic to the software) and the lack of internal memory. (I have a lot of services to locate and synchronize everything, so when I want to play a heavy 3d game, I sometimes have to reboot). Other than that, this is truly a great phone. It is value for money :).

Guest Hadesword

Hi guys!!

Many thanks to everyone for your feedbacks

I think is a good idea to buy it but problably I will buy another similar core2. I 'm looking for a great performance and this amount of RAM 512 is not enough

THANKS!rolleyes.gif

Guest antec123

it's many dual core device right now ex sensation, sensation xe, atrix2, galaxy s2, galaxy note and so on. you can chose not only optimus 2x. and optimus 2x is already old device cause nvidia has already released tegra 3 which is quad core

Edited by antec123

Guest everett_psycho

it's many dual core device right now ex sensation, sensation xe, atrix2, galaxy s2, galaxy note and so on. you can chose not only optimus 2x. and optimus 2x is already old device cause nvidia has already released tegra 3 which is quad core

i wouldn't go that far, the tegra 3 has been confirmed and the first tablets are due in the new year but no quad core phones have been confirmed to exist yet. The o2x and tegra 2 do still have life in them, i can't see nvidia dropping all support for the chips soon because of the new one, similarly with LG (even with their useless customer service) the o2x and 3D are still their current flagship phones and more than capable of running most apps. The release of GTA 3 with the o2x being named as compatible just goes to show that it is actually a powerful phone once you get through the rubbish LG software. Personally i can't say that i've noticed 512mb of ram on mine being that big of a problem and at the price it is it's still a good value bit of hardware for the money, if only LG had actually made the software work or at least fixed it when all the problems emerged.

Guest antec123
i wouldn't go that far, the tegra 3 has been confirmed and the first tablets are due in the new year but no quad core phones have been confirmed to exist yet.  The o2x and tegra 2 do still have life in them, i can't see nvidia dropping all support for the chips soon because of the new one, similarly with LG (even with their useless customer service) the o2x and 3D are still their current flagship phones and more than capable of running most apps.  The release of GTA 3 with the o2x being named as compatible just goes to show that it is actually a powerful phone once you get through the rubbish LG software.  Personally i can't say that i've noticed 512mb of ram on mine being that big of a problem and at the price it is it's still a good value bit of hardware for the money, if only LG had actually made the software work or at least fixed it when all the problems emerged.

use cm7 or MIUI for the OS don't use stock rom if you want to use o2x. yes i have already played GTA 3 on o2x it's good game tough

Edited by antec123

Guest everett_psycho

use cm7 or MIUI for the OS don't use stock rom if you want to use o2x. yes i have already played GTA 3 on o2x it's good game tough

I do use cm7, its made the phone a lot better but its the reason I'd not recommend this phone to a friend, as good as it is it would be nice if the phone just worked better out the box so everyone that can't flash roms would have a working handset. I think LG cracked the right specs for the phone they just need to tweak the software to make it as good as Paul's version

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Guest markop90

It's a good idea depending to the price...if you find it for 300€ or less it's a good deal. It has a very good TFT screen, a good CPU and enough ram to run apps without lags.

LG has bad programmers, so default kernel/rom has bugs like memory leak (to solve this, just restart the phone every night, titanium backup does this on my phone), so you can flash AOSP roms like cyanogen, flash the modified roms by topogigi/Paul and spica's kernel, or simply wait for a good 4.0.x stock rom (LG promised it)

Guest Stryke69

I would definitly buy this phone again. I'm running CM7 now and everything works great, it's fast enough for games, internet, movies etc. and I have a battery life of 3-4 days.

You can get this device from €260 here in Germany and in combination with this price I think this is really value for money.

And one thing that wasn't mentioned before and that I really like about this device is the HDMI port.

Of course, there are already better devices on the market, but all of these are from at least €400.