San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest Takroe

Would you recommend another method that is not overkill? ^_^

The only thing i want to do is extend the data memory for apps, the current rom and everything else is fine for me.

also i dont think mine has CWM..when i restart using power en volume down i get the FTM screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rattonboy

i can't seem to flash the third tpt for the San Francisco 2. I have tried to press all the buttons you told me but it doesn't seem to work. Is it possible to flash the file via CWM? ********** Just flashed turns out the buttons were vol-up and the home button.

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest www.BurjTech.co.uk

Hi

is this possible to get the OSF2 STOCK FULL TPT to restore back to original? Firmware for P736.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

regards

Guest www.BurjTech.co.uk

hi

my SF2 wont read the image.bin however if I have the files in ''image'' folder like

amss.mbn

amsshd.mbn

qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn

boot.img

system.img

etc etc

then it works fine

Are you able to convert this image.bin into this layout please?

Thank you

Guest chris231

hi

my SF2 wont read the image.bin however if I have the files in ''image'' folder like

amss.mbn

amsshd.mbn

qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn

boot.img

system.img

etc etc

then it works fine

Are you able to convert this image.bin into this layout please?

Thank you

are you sure, this seems highly unusual. I recommend not doing this.

be careful as you could end up bricking your phone.

you need to use ztepack to extract file image.bin file

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WildOne007

Hello I'm new here and I need some help if possible ?

I just bought a T-mobile Vivacity the other day and I needed it unlocked so I followed this procedure here http://www.diaryfolio.com/unlock-zte-crescent-orange-sanfrancisco-or-tmobile-vivacity/

Now all went well except after I installed a few apps I found myself extremely quickly out of space to install any more.

My phone says 162MB phone memory, so I guessed that partitioning using above methods would work.

I downloaded Option 4: 200MB system, 40MB cache, 200MB data

However I cant seem to get into bootloader to try to install it.

Holding home, vol+ then switching on doesn't work and I tried booting into it via clockwork mod as inc in the rom and only the up/down keys work so I can't select anything anyway.

It's doing my head in now :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest r4nd0mh3r02k

Hello I'm new here and I need some help if possible ?

I just bought a T-mobile Vivacity the other day and I needed it unlocked so I followed this procedure here http://www.diaryfoli...obile-vivacity/

Now all went well except after I installed a few apps I found myself extremely quickly out of space to install any more.

My phone says 162MB phone memory, so I guessed that partitioning using above methods would work.

I downloaded Option 4: 200MB system, 40MB cache, 200MB data

However I cant seem to get into bootloader to try to install it.

Holding home, vol+ then switching on doesn't work and I tried booting into it via clockwork mod as inc in the rom and only the up/down keys work so I can't select anything anyway.

It's doing my head in now sad.png

For all those who had this issue like me when i booted the phone holding in the required keys nothing happened, so instead i just went to the system menu and did a system update that way, this is the only way i have managed to get clockwork installed on my phone too as i could not get adb to work at all, lack of drivers (lack of download links too :P)

This TPT flash worked a treat, 200-40-200, is the one i used and followed by an installation of Fish'N'Chips rom :) all works sweet as a nut.

Big thanks for the people who made this possible :D

• 3 months later...
Guest AndyWestley

Hi there,

I don't know if anyone's still following this thread. I'm trying to increase the available space on my wife's OSF II. I've read all of the above, and tried to use TPT Helper (chose option 3 download), but when I try to flash the rom I get a message saying installation aborted. No other info. Is there anything I can do to get any other clues?

Guest aboylikedave

Hi there

Trying to TPT my Vivacity but vol+ plus home not working. I believe an alternative is to do it via Update System. I go into System Settings for CM9 but don't have an update software option.

Is there something I am missing? Where under 'About Phone' should it be?

Cheers

Edited by aboylikedave

Guest Amphoras

Hi there

Trying to TPT my Vivacity but vol+ plus home not working. I believe an alternative is to do it via Update System. I go into System Settings for CM9 but don't have an update software option.

Is there something I am missing? Where under 'About Phone' should it be?

Cheers

Custom roms like CM9 don't have that option, its only available in stock roms (or ones based on stock roms).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

I just tried flashing but it won't flash on start like it explains if you have a more recent Cwm recovery. To install I had to use the system update from within android.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

I'm guessing the market app just does the same as copying to your sd, renaming to update.zip and running android system update from settings.

• 1 month later...
Guest nzmnisam

Im runing cm10.1 on my tmobile vivacity, and i dont know how to activate this. In cm10.1 settings there is not an option to install system updates from SD card, and when i hold volume up and menu key it does nothing, just boots normaly. I guess i need to flash a stock (or stock based rom) to use this tpt, right?

Edited by nzmnisam

Guest nzmnisam

Im runing cm10.1 on my tmobile vivacity, and i dont know how to activate this. In cm10.1 settings there is not an option to install system updates from SD card, and when i hold volume up and menu key it does nothing, just boots normaly. I guess i need to flash a stock (or stock based rom) to use this tpt, right?

i done it

Guest nzmnisam

You dont need to use tpt with TT+ phone :)

I wanted to so I can have 160 mob system,I than flashed slim bean,and with that,I have room to spear :)

Guest danbb

Hi - I am currently using Amphoras's TPT (160MB system, 2MB cache, 278MB data) to re-partition the SF2 (thanks, Amphoras!).

The SF2 normally runs Fish 'n Chips RLS7 (with some apps taken out) on that configuration with a 'cache to RAM' re-direct script, enabling it to download large apps from the play store. Only about 122Mb of the /system partition is used.

Has anyone come across a TPT (or can please make a TPT) for the SF2 with a 128MB or 130MB /system partition? I hate to waste 30MB of potential app space.

Guest dodgetimmy

Are you using a2sd?

I saw there was an option in the tpt app for the crescent to make your own tpt but it didn't work for me.

Not sure how to manually edit the files, do they open with a text editor?