San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest danbb

Are you using a2sd?

I saw there was an option in the tpt app for the crescent to make your own tpt but it didn't work for me.

Not sure how to manually edit the files, do they open with a text editor?

]

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using A2SD as well, but still need to maximuse the /data partition. I didn't have much luck either trying to create my own partitions using TPT Helper. I think that option is disabled, probably becuase Amphoras can't test it. I might try and open the TPT files and see whether it's obvious what to do to create customised partition sizes, although I suspect it's not that simple!

Edited by danbb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

For my p736v (UK Orange San Fransisco II) you need to hold the menu key and the up(volume) key at the same time as powering on the device. The device mustn't be plugged into the computer also.I expect this may be different for other variants, but try if you're not having luck.

There are also other, more modern TPT's including a newer CWM version here

If you want to stick with these tpts but update recovery, you can just install the latest CWM here

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest nzmnisam

Is there any way someone can make 220mb system for vivacity, cause 200mb isnt enough for RootBox, ROM im trying to flash.

Guest dodgetimmy

If you have failed then you must not be doing it right. It still doesn't help if we don't know what device you have.

• 1 month later...
Guest SCORE!

Hi, I also used TPT helper to root my Vivacity and used the v2c option. Running with the

I chose 200 internal/40 cache/200 system set up. Using Link2SD and I've partitioned my 4gb SD card. Ext2 is 457mb in total, but confused as to why I only have 1% free of system. I'd love to keep ICS but phone crashes and freezes a lot. Anyone know any tips to get a smoother ICS? Not only that, but I seem to have lost the function of the buttons lighting up & battery seems worse!

Guest dodgetimmy

Which rom are you using and did you install gapps?

Link2sd won't touch system apps, only user, so I'm guessing your system apps aren't working correctly with so little free space.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SCORE!

Which rom are you using and did you install gapps?

Link2sd won't touch system apps, only user, so I'm guessing your system apps aren't working correctly with so little free space.

Hi I think I did use Gapps. I followed everything in this link apart fro DarkTremor's AP2SD http://ics-t-mobile.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/ice-cream-sandwich-on-t-mobile-vivacity.html?m=1 Do you have any tips as to how I can get my system apps to work properly?

Guest dodgetimmy

If you're running ics or jelly bean. Then chances are like I said before you don't have enough system space, hence missing apps.

That's why the guide you go followed mentions installing a custom tpt. Either you didn't install the tpt correctly, or the tpt in the guide isn't big enough for your rom.

I would download a tpt and Rom from these forums instead. If you want jelly bean you'll need one with a 220mb system partition. Also, even with that amount of free space you won't be able to install a full gapps package. Instead just search for a slim version instead.

• 5 months later...
Guest dodgetimmy

You should be able to subscribe to either the whole crescent forum or individual forum topics. Only use the newer tpts if you have a San Francisco II. They aren't for vivacity.