LG's schedule for ICS

Guest sane?

If I recall LG's statement correctly, they were supposed to announce their schedule for delivering ICS on the 2X in December.

Given that Christmas will stop all usual work for the last week of the month, has anyone heard any statement so far?

Not that I have any great expectations for quick delivery, or quality, but beta releases might have some use.

If I recall LG's statement correctly, they were supposed to announce their schedule for delivering ICS on the 2X in December.

Given that Christmas will stop all usual work for the last week of the month, has anyone heard any statement so far?

Not that I have any great expectations for quick delivery, or quality, but beta releases might have some use.

I saw their facebook post (what a place to announce such things... :blink: ) but did not see any dates mentioned, as it took them a billion years to get 2.3 on the 2x I aint holding any hope that we will see it this year, or even before February next year :(

Guest s3r0t0n1n

This morning i posted a message to their Facebook frontpage to ask about the schedule. They immediately delete it and gave no answer. I'm starting to get pissed off by LG and how they treat their customers.

Sincerely,

Never again a LG customer.

Guest SuperSkill

This morning i posted a message to their Facebook frontpage to ask about the schedule. They immediately delete it and gave no answer. I'm starting to get pissed off by LG and how they treat their customers.

Sincerely,

Never again a LG customer.

I will do the same, lets piss em off all of us ;)

SuperSkill

Guest MaxEigelb

Q2...yes...

BUT Q2 for LG's calendar, not the Gregorian calendar.

Even, if it would have been Q1 - what the hell are they doing? The devs at xda-developers already released various ICS-Roms for HTC Sensation(just an example).

Max

Even, if it would have been Q1 - what the hell are they doing? The devs at xda-developers already released various ICS-Roms for HTC Sensation(just an example).

Max

if we would have a leak, as sony erricsson, htc and samsung do, we would have various roms too)

Guest MaxEigelb

if we would have a leak, as sony erricsson, htc and samsung do, we would have various roms too)

Thats exactly what i mean - the devs here and at xda-devs are doing a far better job then lg.

I appreciate this fabulous work!

Max

They just posted on their facebook page - scheduled 2nd or 3rd quarter 2012 for the O2x.

Not too impressive.

And given their past performance in delivering on time we could be looking at 3rd to 4th quarter for a buggy release - remember how well they did with gingerbread.

If I had to read between the lines, I'd say they had tasked a single, second order, dev with the job of getting ICS working on the 2X - and these schedules represent WAG as to delivery timescales. If they get good support from Nvidia getting the Tegra code working, it might be April, otherwise it will drag out. A real schedule would have had a real plan with real dates.

If we are lucky it will be someone new keen and eager; if not, it will be the same individuals who made such a mess of 2.3

And don't forget, "Jelly Bean", Android 4.5 or 5.0 is due for July, and will probably need to answer the final release of apple's successor to the iphone 4, so will include major changes.

Phone companies really need to retool their dev methodologies for turning around updates within 2-3 months. When carriers have 24 month contracts users are getting more alert to how good the update support of the phone will be. Faffing around for the best part of a year to creep out a late update to a phone still under contract isn't going to cut it.