TripNiCE - Ice Cream Sandwich Discussion Thread | Latest - TR001B

Guest Arz Bhatia

Guest Arz Bhatia

This thread is made to stop the mess in the Official Development Thread of the ROM

Please Note : The thread started by TripNRaver is mostly for Development purposes and you can help Trip over there by posting phone Logs, or tips. You can discuss about the ROM over here, without being abused by another user. Please look forward to use this thread for discussion and the Official one for Development purposes. As Trip's friend and follower, you should follow the rules and stop posting useless stuff over at that thread.

Latest TripNiCE Build - TripNiCE Rebuild 01 - TR001B - ICS 4.0.1/CM9 - 16/12/2011

TripNDroid Mobile Engineering is proud to present you "TripNiCE REVISED"

This ICE Cream Sandwich rom is AOSP/CM9 based, with alot of modifications by TripNDroid Mobile Engineering.

After installation the following but not limited to is included;

- TripNDroid Audio Processing System (TAPS)

- Mobile Bravia Engine (ICS Edition)

created by SEMC, modified/rebuilded by TripNRaVeR

- Google MAPS

- YouTube

- Gmail

- Market 3.4.4

- DSP Manager (working)

Working:

- Mobile network (100%)

- Audio (100%)

- TAPS (100%)

- Market (100%)

- Video playback (100%)

- True Hardware Acceleration (100%)

- GPS (100%)

- SDcard mount-to-pc (100%)

- WIFI (100%)

Partly working:

- Camera

preview screen, zoom, front cam, rear cam working (cant take pictures/videos FC)

Not working:

- Bluetooth

doesnt turn on, alltough improvements seen in logcat, seems i'm missing something, no clue on this

Information:

Major improvement in overall speed and usabillity since the previous alpha/beta's

KEEP THE DISCUSSION IN THIS TOPIC TO THE SUBJECT, MEANING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS ROM AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT.

Download:

https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

http://www.mediafire...vrvn81hdvy8d8i9

Last but not least, the looks;

001vvc.jpg

002daq.jpg

kernel source will be posted later

PLEASE SUPPORT TRIP BY DONATING - CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

Thanking you..

Guest luismariscal

I'll start. I know it's in alpha and we got the wifi's but when can we get the bluetooths. -_- /end_sarcasm

Great Idea thanks.. rolleyes.gif

Edited by luismariscal

Guest Arz Bhatia

I'll start. I know it's in alpha and we got the wifi's but when can we get the bluetooths. -_- /end_sarcasm

Great Idea thanks.. rolleyes.gif

Trip is working hard on the HWA (Hardware Acceleration) right now, he got it fully working but it's causing one problem, he say's it an easy fix. After the next release, BT would probably be fixed.

And thanks :)

Guest Arz Bhatia

Does anyone know how to breakdown an APK or a JAR ?

I want to try to reconfigure the CM Settings, but only for the battery % and the music...

Download APKTool or APK Manager.

Guest tehboss

Whenever i try to connect to wifi, the signal suddenly becomes extremely bad and it wont let me connect, it is constantly doing stuff with the ip address. please can someone help me fix this as i really want to use this rom but i need the wifi. Thanks

Guest zetnord

hi.. is almost 3rd day i'm using Alpha 7.7 ..

quick asking about the strict mode ..what is the diff between :

1. Developer Option -> User Interface -> Strict Mode enable

2. Dev Tools -> Developments Settings -> Strict Mode ( this one that i have to reboot first before take effect )

* for disable the strict mode which one that i should check / uncheck ??

after i check list strict Mode on Dev Tools and reboot ..fisrt all normal after i had a reboot again

here if someone could check

dmesg.txt

thanks

Guest Arz Bhatia

When you expect, that we have working Google Maps 6.0.3 on our Sensations w/ ICS? :)

Probably after the full HWA build is rolling out. :)

Whenever i try to connect to wifi, the signal suddenly becomes extremely bad and it wont let me connect, it is constantly doing stuff with the ip address. please can someone help me fix this as i really want to use this rom but i need the wifi. Thanks

Have your ever tried changing your phone's Radio? If not, try connecting by Static IP. Search the Development thread for Static IP Configuration.

hi.. is almost 3rd day i'm using Alpha 7.7 ..

quick asking about the strict mode ..what is the diff between :

1. Developer Option -> User Interface -> Strict Mode enable

2. Dev Tools -> Developments Settings -> Strict Mode ( this one that i have to reboot first before take effect )

* for disable the strict mode which one that i should check / uncheck ??

Don't touch the Dev tools settings, just un-tick Strict mode from - Settings > Development Options > User Interface > Strict Mode

Guest fsshariq

I had the same problem. I just went into "advanced" setting in the wifi network selection screen and unchecked "avoid poor connections". Rebooted the phone and i was able to connect and use the wifi without any further problems.

Guest zetnord

Don't touch the Dev tools settings, just un-tick Strict mode from - Settings > Development Options > User Interface > Strict Mode

Ah i see ..okay sir thanks a lot

my gosh this alpha 7.7 is addicted ..

Guest DarrenJ87

I had an issue with calls.

The longest call I have manged to hold is about 30 secounds before the screen goes blank and it needs a battery pop.

Other than that I love the ROM, I dont really use bluetooth so to me that didn't bother me.

Can't wait for the next realise!!

Guest Arz Bhatia

I had an issue with calls.

The longest call I have manged to hold is about 30 secounds before the screen goes blank and it needs a battery pop.

1. All you need to do is charge your phone up till 100%
  2. Reboot into Recovery
  3. Get into Advanced Options
  4. Wipe Battery Stats

If that doesn't help, try re-flashing.

Edited by Arz Bhatia

Guest Cyberdan3

Is there a way to get the original blue wallpaper with the rain looking things and blue orbs on it? I changed the wallpaper and want to change back and can't find it anywhere!

Also, I am not sure if we should all be documenting if Maps isn't working but mine freezes and reboots the phone everytime. I can't upgrade because it says "package not signed correctly."

I want to end by saying TripNRaVeR rocks! I can't believe how smooth this ROM is and that nobody else has one for the public to play with. Kepp up the great work!

Does anyone know how to breakdown an APK or a JAR ?

I want to try to reconfigure the CM Settings, but only for the battery % and the music...

APP file you can open with 7zip

JAR file you can open with winrar

suc6

Has anybody managed to get Wifi calling working? I noticed in the other thread somebody mentioned they were working on it but it was several pages back - anybody know if anybody got that working? Unfortunately, some of the things that aren't working are kind of deal breakers for me to use it daily, but I did flash it this morning and played with it some - I must say its pretty impressive and besides the known issues it has been pretty stable for me all day. Plan to revert back later... Thanks to Trip for all his work!

Guest Bluewall2

I've left this ROM but i miss the ICS feeling so much. The ONLY thing that i can't live without is calling and volume is very low.

Are they a fix arround here for that ? Just wondering : ) and volume+ DOESN'T work.

Thanks bros :)

I've left this ROM but i miss the ICS feeling so much. The ONLY thing that i can't live without is calling and volume is very low.

Are they a fix arround here for that ? Just wondering : ) and volume+ DOESN'T work.

Thanks bros :)

+1 ... its the only thing that annoys me ... I hope trip comes up with a fix for the low incall volume