MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

1354 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I can't test it but I think hardware acceleration with video is what's broken, meaning that playing pretty much every video will lead to FC or reboot. Maybe someone using the ROM can test it.

Posted · Report post

Im currently running Fish'N'Chips RLS2 and it's running flawlessy but i'm wondering if i should flash this ROM. But i have one concern.

Is it the YouTube app that isn't working? Because if it's the YouTube app that isn't working, then you could go to the mobile version of YouTube, in a web browser, ey?

Just tested it. Youtube doesn't work. Not even at the mobile site. video laggs heavyly :(

Posted · Report post

Just tested it. Youtube doesn't work. Not even at the mobile site. video laggs heavyly :(

So i guess TomG has a lot of work to do?

Posted · Report post

So i guess TomG has a lot of work to do?

Since It's an alpha version yes. As soon as the video playback becomes smooth, then we'll have youtube too. Every video laggs. I'm using it for about 1 day now, and It's great! I love it! I miss youtube, but hey, my PC is on :D

Posted · Report post

Since It's an alpha version yes. As soon as the video playback becomes smooth, then we'll have youtube too. Every video laggs. I'm using it for about 1 day now, and It's great! I love it! I miss youtube, but hey, my PC is on :D

Okay, this ROM seems to be nice. Can someone post some screenshots before i flash it? :D

Posted · Report post

i had to restart wi-fi..now it works great! DSP manager also works fine here :/ did you format system and boot in recovery after cache and data wipe?

yeah, did the full wipes and everything. stuff it, i'll try again :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Okay, this ROM seems to be nice. Can someone post some screenshots before i flash it? :D

I'll upload screens as soon as my brother stops playing Battlefield :D

Edit: Uploaded some screen, check the first post :)

Edited by Zunex

Posted · Report post

I'll upload screens as soon as my brother stops playing Battlefield :D

we will forgive him. awesome game

I have trouble with the wifi, its always turning of immediately when i turn on, and i wiped almost everything. Whats the problem?

Edited by NonameXx

Posted · Report post

I have trouble with the wifi, its always turning of immediately when i turn on, and i wiped almost everything. Whats the problem?

Are you on Wbaw's GEN2 TPT V10?

Posted · Report post

i had to restart wi-fi..now it works great! DSP manager also works fine here :/ did you format system and boot in recovery after cache and data wipe?

did you do anything specific for DSP Manager and WiFi ??

I've just reflashed and DSP Manager still FC's. WiFi also still drops out until i manually turn it off and on.

Posted · Report post

did you do anything specific for DSP Manager and WiFi ??

I've just reflashed and DSP Manager still FC's. WiFi also still drops out until i manually turn it off and on.

I didn't do anything. DSP manager works. The only thing I did with the WI-FI is that I turned it of and back on.

Posted · Report post

Wow, I was JUST wondering when will ICS for Blade come, and bow I saw this. I'm so excited, maybe trying it tomorrow. And how do I check my system partition size(and how to change it if its not the recommended size?)?

Posted · Report post

I didn't do anything. DSP manager works. The only thing I did with the WI-FI is that I turned it of and back on.

It keeps telling me "Unfortunately DSP Manager has stopped" ..

It keeps telling me "Unfortunately DSP Manager has stopped" ..

Sorry I don't know what's the problem :(

Kamikaze

You probably have stock partition size then. There is a link to an update guide in the first post! Check it!

Edited by Zunex

Posted · Report post

FM radio is working?

I installed MIUI FM radio by andorko, haven't seen the UI or it stopped unexpectedly, I didn't have other FM app available so I haven't tried.

Gallery homevideo (VGA resolution) playing was working, but it was locked in portrait mode even when you turn phone in landscape. Also it was not in full speed, it think it was more like 2 or 3 fps.

Posted · Report post

Guys come on now how u dont know your partition size ? remember what u flashed last time ?which TPT ?what u did ? you must know ! this questions are being asked over and over again !!!!

@hankhandsome : whats your system partition size ? if its 160mb and u flashed rom and gapps then thats the problem .

Guys this rom needs 210mb system partition size!!

Posted · Report post

@hankhandsome : whats your system partition size ? if its 160mb and u flashed rom and gapps then thats the problem .

Guys this rom needs 210mb system partition size!!

That would explain it i guess. I used the TPT image to flash to a 160mb partition, so i guess i'll have to beef it up again then ..

Posted · Report post

Hello. I installed the alpha 5 on my Blade today. And... I'm really impressed with it. I thought it would work similar to AOSP's current update, and it turns out it works much better then AOSP alpha 17.

What I've noticed:

1. Sound works perfectly. In call, speaker, headphones - there's nothing I could complain about.

2. As for this project stadium performance is nice. It's not ideal yet, but there's no need to turn off animations. What impressed me most are lockscreen animations - they are perfectly smooth and the unlock process is instant - even way faster then in CM7. That's cool!

3. Gallery works for me, but I had some issues at the beginning.

4. As other users report, default browser, multitouch, youtube and camera do not work. Opera mobile does.

5. I had an issue with a voice recording. I tried to install two chromatic guitar tuners. Both of them reported audio device related errors.

6. Wifi works fine, but when turned on the phone first, it did not work properly - network informations were messed up. Worked after a reboot.

7. Boot animation works fine.

8. Autorotation works... but a bit strange. Before it rotates, it turns upside down and then animates. Ends always in the correct position.

9. Angry Birds (Seasons too) works O.o I wouldn't expect it at all, but it does indeed. Performance seems to be a bit worse then on CM7, but still it's a lot.

10. T9 dialer when set to search contacts by name first lags while entering the digits.

11. When I enter the GMail inbox, I cannot read the messages - they won't load.

So... there's a lot work ahead, but it seems to be definitely usable. I'll stay with CM9 at least for Christmas, maybe longer :)

That would explain it i guess. I used the TPT image to flash to a 160mb partition, so i guess i'll have to beef it up again then ..

yes i guess you have 160mb partition.to me is working gallery also now .dsp manager from the begin and wifi also .give another shot ;)

edit :shot with partition 210mb i mean :)

Edited by jeddy1

Posted · Report post

yes i guess you have 160mb partition.to me is working gallery also now .dsp manager from the begin and wifi also .give another shot ;)

edit :shot with partition 210mb i mean :)

How did you make the gallery work? :)

Posted · Report post

just took screenshot and gallery works fine.

Posted · Report post

just took screenshot and gallery works fine.

Thanks, updated the first post :)

Posted · Report post

Wow, I was JUST wondering when will ICS for Blade come, and bow I saw this. I'm so excited, maybe trying it tomorrow. And how do I check my system partition size(and how to change it if its not the recommended size?)?

One way or checking your system partition size is to install Titanium backup, when you start it up you should be able to see your system/data sizes. Only works if you've got root though .

Posted · Report post

just tpt'd to a 215mb system partition and have just flashed gapps as well. just got the boot animation now so we'll see what happens ..