any way to toggle LED notification for low battery/messages?

Guest Hanks6

hey peeps, i find this kinda an annoying feature if my phone is blinking on top (the notification LED) when the battery goes low overnight. i like to run it down completely before charging and i dont want the flashing disturbing me in the dark. it isn't really very useful for messages either.

on stock gingerbread atm. is there any way to toggle this feature on/off or will i need to revert to a ASOP interface/themed ROM to disable it, which will then turn it off for good. seems a bit silly if Acer didn't include any options for this.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

i like to run it down completely before charging and i dont want the flashing disturbing me in the dark.

You do realise that's bad for the battery, don't you? Frequent deep discharges shorten the life of Lithium batteries.

Guest Hanks6

You do realise that's bad for the battery, don't you? Frequent deep discharges shorten the life of Lithium batteries.

not really aware of that i always thought it was good practice. thanks for bringing it to my attention tho.

do you know the answer to my question?

Guest Dr.Luigi

So its better too charge it everyday when sleeping then do it when the battery is completly down?

I allways thought too run it completely out before recharging

So its better too charge it everyday when sleeping then do it when the battery is completly down?

I allways thought too run it completely out before recharging

Regarding Lithium battery use, all you need to know here:How to prolong lithium based batteries

In particular:

"Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The smaller the depth of discharge, the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid frequent full discharges and charge more often between uses. If full discharges cannot be avoided, try utilizing a larger battery. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery."

In other words, do a couple of full charge cycles when you first get the phone to calibrate the battery meter, then top up as and when you can.

As regards the original question, I believe that the Message / Missed Call LEDs only work while the Breeze UI is running. So if you revert to the standard Android launcher / home (or use an AOS ROM with all the Acer stuff stripped out) they should stop. Sorry don't have a Liquid to hand to confirm or test.

Edited by Metoo