WiFi on SF2/Vivacity

Guest taylor314

Guest taylor314

I'm hoping to get one of the above shortly and have read about the WiFi problems on the original SF/Blade. Has anyone found any problems in this area on the SF2? I expect to be using the WiFi feature quite a lot so would hate to be buying into a load of trouble.

Guest Rimatron

Using the SF2 for a couple of weeks now. WIFI seem pretty good, coupled with JiWire WiFi scanner. I can pretty much get a connection most places. Battery life is pretty poor when using Wifi. Down to around 3 hours on a full charge, if you keep the WiFi connected.

But if your using it for emails and light browsing, turning the Wifi of when not needed. You can get a couple of day between charges.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Using the SF2 for a couple of weeks now. WIFI seem pretty good, coupled with JiWire WiFi scanner. I can pretty much get a connection most places. Battery life is pretty poor when using Wifi. Down to around 3 hours on a full charge, if you keep the WiFi connected.

But if your using it for emails and light browsing, turning the Wifi of when not needed. You can get a couple of day between charges.

Maybe you should reset the battery stats cos I'm getting over a day of standby even with the wifi connected

Guest Reider59

Got my SFII on Friday 23rd Dec. Unlocked same day and now de branded + several apps on via Wi Fi. My router is downstairs, took the SFII upstairs and no problems. Not a problem that I can see so far. Could it be the older problem when unlocking/debranding and the Wi Fi was lost, quite quickly later it was sorted? Just an initial teething problem in a newly released phone and patching.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

• 2 weeks later...