[ROM] [29-03] TripNMiUI V4 - MIUI ICS | B008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest - psychot!c -

I had a problem with call log.. wont display contact name.. all my contacts are with country code (+6).. incoming calls wont display those country code.. any fix?

Guest phillthorpe1

"there are a couple of things that I dont like" .. like what ??

Just quickly i definately dont like my carrier being on the notification bar, dont like bluetooth and video not working.

Not sure of when any of these things will be fixed either.

But probably the main reason is I dont like the way that it looks similar to an iphone.

Guest webmasteryoda

Just quickly i definately dont like my carrier being on the notification bar, dont like bluetooth and video not working.

But probably the main reason is I dont like the way that it looks similar to an iphone.

Its an MiUI ROM.

Its just the way it looks.

Personally I like it very much.

Guest phillthorpe1

Its an MiUI ROM.

Its just the way it looks.

Personally I like it very much.

yea i know that the way it is supposed to look.

Everytime I look at it I think of an iphone and it nearly makes me puke.

At first i got a few reboots, but i think this was because of Titanium Backup.

Sadly, there are not all of the MIUI-apps (Gallery, Camera, Music), but i don't know if Xiaomo already published these apps.

As others i can't change the lockscreen-wallpaper, neither change the theme. If I apply a security pattern it takes the wallpaper from the homescreen, so it is all good for me.

Only thing i miss is the automatic detection of my headphones, but I worked arround it with the toggle-widget from the CM9-thread.

Well, about the carrier: just develop an app which sends a blank notification and the text is gone.

Normally you can select a different theme from the themes app ... then it doesn't look like an iPhone anymore.

Personally I like the way it can be customized.

There are a couple of bugs I've noticed in this release (apart from the obvious ones - video recording not working and BT not working). The calendar app can't connect with the google account, sound is distorted (as is the case with all Trip releases), but this time its a bit more clear but the bass is blown out, can't set lock screen wallpaper or even change the lock screen type from the themes app, in fact, I can't even change themes right now, the app FCs when I try to select a theme.

The UI language is always in english. A couple things like the apm are my native language..

I cant get a battery percentage so IT seems i have to use an alternative battery indicator..

The rom feels very nice, stable and smooth! Very nice xD

Percentage works for me. Under Toggle settings

post-913991-132836184536_thumb.png

Guest ykcorse

Nice room, it is a lot more better than I expected. I am missing google talk :s

EDIT: gapps_ics_4.0.3_v8 adds google talk, but it does not work, and it makes the other google apps stop working

Edited by ykcorse

Guest Mulletcutter

To fix calendar just copy CalendarGoogle.apk from the gapps zip to /system/app

ROM works pretty well!

which gapps do you have? the one i have doesnt have calendar. plus, calendar is already in /system/app

Guest Bejtulla

Is it just me, or does Permission Management not work? I can toggle it to on, but after a few second it goes back to off. And why are there Superuser and Miui Security?

Other than that and some of the mentionend bugs, the ROM runs very well. I havn't had any reboots so far and graphics in some Games (e.g. Asphalt 6) look noticeably better. I'm impressed, I'm keeping this :)

Is it just me, or does Permission Management not work? I can toggle it to on, but after a few second it goes back to off. And why are there Superuser and Miui Security?

Other than that and some of the mentionend bugs, the ROM runs very well. I havn't had any reboots so far and graphics in some Games (e.g. Asphalt 6) look noticeably better. I'm impressed, I'm keeping this

Permissions work fine for me. Thanks again Trip, this is on awesome release

Guest TripNRaVeR

Anyone knows which themes should work on miui v4? I think i got it fixed but dont know if gingerbread themes still working.

edit:

google says that you need specific v4 themes which is what i tought because the whole theme engine is different

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Anyone knows which themes should work on miui v4? I think i got it fixed but dont know if gingerbread themes still working.

I think most of the themes should work, but you can try this random v4 theme (sorry, it's an XDA link):

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1454388

EDIT: Just tried signing into Skype and it FCs when I press "Sign in".

Edited by fejker