very sluggish?

Guest dj9928

I have to say I am not overly impressed with my Monte Carlo, it feels incredibly slow and frustrating to use, I have previously owned a blade and its not this frustrating, I am on stock at moment, would a ROM help?

Yes. The Orange ROM is horrendeous - I would recommend install the Atomic ROM.

Totally agree, the atomic rom is amazing and it's rooted so will give you the option to overclock. On stock rom I had a quadrant score of 750, on atomic with OC I had 1430...

Alternatively go for tilal's CM7 unofficial port. It's pretty good, too. It has Android 2.3.7 and of course all CyanogenMod goodies.

Running at 902MHz and everything is pretty fast and crisp with quadrant giving me 1360+ points.

And it's pretty stable.

Just replace the default ADW launcher by something else (Launcher Pro, GO Launcher) as the ADW is frickin slow by itself...

Guest Wacky.ddw

Yea the stock rom is rubish. I use Cyanogenmod 7 disabled the animations and everything that could use mutch CPU and it works like a charm. And the battery life is amazing, CM7 gives me the longest battery life of all ROMs out there.

The links to all ROMs are in the tutorial in my signature. And ofcourse the tutorial to change ROMs, but if your a previous blade owner you probably allready know how. :)

Allso if you are using a big SD card that could allso cause the lag. i have 14GB music on my sd and when i sync my music the pones starts crashing. I think it needs to be a class10 SD instaid of class4.

Guest Wacky.ddw

You it depends on what you want to use it for, i use it mostly as MP3player. Because im on my bicycle allot so battery life is the most importantfeature. I could not care less about the crappy camera.

Well guys managed to unlock and install Atomic and so far I am impressed, I changed the CPU to 902 and all is running great, great phone, haven't found anything to complain about.

Guest Atomix86
Well guys managed to unlock and install Atomic and so far I am impressed, I changed the CPU to 902 and all is running great, great phone, haven't found anything to complain about.

Good to hear, it's amazing what a decent rom and mild oc can do ;).