Random turn off's?

Guest dj9928

Twice now this has happened, usually when I am in the Gmail client, then lock the screen without exiting the app, the phone turns off and can only be turned on again by pulling the battery out, anyone else have this?

Guest TrollFaceEngaged

Twice now this has happened, usually when I am in the Gmail client, then lock the screen without exiting the app, the phone turns off and can only be turned on again by pulling the battery out, anyone else have this?

I also have had this, where i just left my OMC on standby for ~30 mins, i came back and it had switched off. I re-booted it and found the battery was only at 80%

• 1 month later...
Guest eruditionfish

I also have had this, where i just left my OMC on standby for ~30 mins, i came back and it had switched off. I re-booted it and found the battery was only at 80%

Did you ever manage to solve that? My OMC does the same thing: occasionally, after being on standby, doing nothing I'm aware of, it'll turn itself off. I then have to remove the battery to get it working again, and the battery will have drained noticeably.

In case anyone else might be able to help, I'm running the stock Orange OS, but unlocked and rooted. I thought it might be a side effect of using JuiceDefender Ultimate to manage CPU speeds when idle, but even after turning this off, it still happens. I've only noticed it happening when the phone is idle, with the screen off.

Edited by eruditionfish