cant boot into clockworkmod

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Andy_E

also tried doing the same but instead of typing the reboot command I click reboot from the power menu and still same thing, because it is only happening with some vegas im tempted to take it back and ask for either a replacement or refund, of course that would be difficult to explain why as there is nothing visually wrong with it

ive noticed that alpha 2 of ics is out, do you think I would have any luck with that?

Damn! I was hoping to get some sort of error. I'd take it back if you can think up a suitable excuse. Regarding VegaICS, l'd be tempted to give it a go - let's face it, you're not going to be any worse off.

The only other thing I can think of is to use dump_image for the misc partition on a working Vega and then the flash_image command on the one giving you problems...

Guest Richard_Arkless

Damn! I was hoping to get some sort of error. I'd take it back if you can think up a suitable excuse. Regarding VegaICS, l'd be tempted to give it a go - let's face it, you're not going to be any worse off.

The only other thing I can think of is to use dump_image for the misc partition on a working Vega and then the flash_image command on the one giving you problems...

Tried that dump image and flash image and nothing also tried flashing vegaics and still cant get into recovery

ill probably play the noob where I say I had it for christmas and found the screen is terrible and I havent got access to the android market, that should get me a refund

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully the replacement Vega will work better...

Dont worry about it, I knew as soon as I had problems that it wouldnt end well

Annoying thing is that the pcworld I got it from is 28 minutes away and I have no reason to go there

Guest Andy_E

I mentioned your tale of woe on the Tabletroms site and Cass has come up with another suggestion:

id be interested to see the result of the partition dump after the setrecovery command is run and then flashed to non working tablet as thats what id be testing initially...

He's going to be taking a look himself so any pointers will be helpful (might save you that drive to PC world)

so basically on a working Vega:

setrecovery boot-recovery recovery

dump_image misc misc.img

on non-working Vega:

flash_image misc misc.img

reboot

(unfortunately your working Vega will now boot into recovery - I know of no way to clear the "boot-recovery" command)

Guest Richard_Arkless

I mentioned your tale of woe on the Tabletroms site and Cass has come up with another suggestion:

id be interested to see the result of the partition dump after the setrecovery command is run and then flashed to non working tablet as thats what id be testing initially...

He's going to be taking a look himself so any pointers will be helpful (might save you that drive to PC world)

so basically on a working Vega:

setrecovery boot-recovery recovery

dump_image misc misc.img

on non-working Vega:

flash_image misc misc.img

reboot

(unfortunately your working Vega will now boot into recovery - I know of no way to clear the "boot-recovery" command)

Sorry for the delay, its been a long day and have been catching up on college work which I should have started before christmas

Anyway on the working tablet I

1. typed in the setrecovery bit which wrote at block 0 fine,

2. then at the dump image command it showed "error opening misc.img"

3. so I looked up that error and found people solved it by specifying where to store it so instead I typed dump_image misc /sdcard/misc.img and it was fine then

On the non-working vega

1. I cd to the sdcard and give the terminal root permission

2. run the flash_image command and a long list of mtd: successfully wrote block at x

3. Type reboot and it reboots back into vegacomb :(

Tried reboot recover, rebooting from menu and recovery from menu and same

Edited by Richard_Arkless