[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest raverrr

Looking foward to that raverr, any ETA? laugh.gif

As soon as i get the damn thing booting lol.

I might have to flash clockwork again. It doesn't want to boot after install but i'm pretty sure nothing is wrong.... The updater script is the only thing i'm unsure of but no1 seems to want to help.

Guest jasonleeds
The updater script is the only thing i'm unsure of but no1 seems to want to help.
Honest if I could I would but I have no idea in the slightest when it comes to code.

Keep it up tho, please dont give up, this seems to be the only rom and place that has people working with this new model.

Edited by jasonleeds

Guest GreenBanan

The same way you install all other ROM's...

Do a search and you'll find all the info you need has been posted several times, if in doubt have a look at:

http://ztecrescent.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

21. Download any one Stock ROM from below which you Like. All are working fine and tested. I have tested both the official ROM on my phone and both are working fine.

OUK_P736VV1.0.0B09 (20Oct2011) official Stock ROM

OUK_P736VV1.0.0B11 (19Nov2011) official Stock ROM

r1_de-branded_blade2-update-signed.zip Custom ROM

22. The file which you download, rename the file to “update.zip” file and it has been placed on the root of your SD card (i.e. not in any sub-folder).

23. Go to “05 Post-Unlock” directory and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat” file. This will install ClockworkMod recovery tool and set the phone to boot in recovery mode.

24. Select “apply sdcard:update.zip” and then press ok button and the next menu list, you can see the file which you copied, select that file and proceed to install. Thatz it the new ROM will install and boot with new ROM.

Doing the same thing, just download the "Fish_and_Chips_TMV_Nemus_3.2_clone.zip". So?

Guest GreenBanan

I will post a very easy to follow guide later. Or N4y4nrules will.

Thanks, just a phone delivered after 2 weeks.

just need rename ROM to update.zip and install via clockworkmod recovery? True? I understand it correctly?

Edited by GreenBanan

Guest raverrr

Thanks, just a phone delivered after 2 weeks.

just need rename ROM to update.zip and install via clockworkmod recovery? True? I understand it correctly?

no don't rename it.

folow these steps in clockwork recovery:

> wipe data/ factory reset

> wipe cache partition

>wipe dalvic cache (in advanved options)

>install zip from sd card

>choose zip from sd card

Guest windy_miller

Bluetooth should be fixed in next release. I'm using a different stock ROM to build on. The same one Seb404 used.

Out of interest what stock ROM did you use before, and which one are you using now? There have been a couple of new releases on the ZTE website recently, would it be better to use the latest ones?

Guest JohnnyZTE

This ismy second post, so may I just saya big thank you to you guys on here for your great ROM. this phone is brilliant, so brilliant that I’m doing loads of them for family and friends. Starting number 7 next week.

Can wait to get the radio and Bluetooth working,the phone will be even more flawless.

I have my wife’s phone and mine on the 3 network and got 3s own skype working on it. If anyone wants it I have the 3 skype file that I can email.

Thanks again and keep up the good work, I have extracted the ROMs and had a look and have came to the decision i think I will leave it up to you guys. LOL

Edited by JohnnyZTE

Guest The smartphone

Guys, looks like the keyboard doesn't have any dictionaries for spelling. Am I missing something? It's quite inconvenient to type on these virtual keyboards without some suggestions.

Guest JohnnyZTE

Guys, looks like the keyboard doesn't have any dictionaries for spelling. Am I missing something? It's quite inconvenient to type on these virtual keyboards without some suggestions.

Go to market place and download another one, gokeyboard is very good.

I went to swipe.com and dot theirs brilliant if you ask me.

hope this helps

Guest windy_miller

Go to market place and download another one, gokeyboard is very good.

I went to swipe.com and dot theirs brilliant if you ask me.

hope this helps

Its swype.com, not swipe.com :) That's the one I'm using too its easily the best keyboard once you get used to the swyping thing. You don't have to be that accurate either and it just knows what you are trying to type.

Guest JohnnyZTE

Its swype.com, not swipe.com :) That's the one I'm using too its easily the best keyboard once you get used to the swyping thing. You don't have to be that accurate either and it just knows what you are trying to type.

Thanks for the correction well spotted. rolleyes.gif

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I use SlideIt, the dictionary is much easier, if you "slide" type a word it doesn't recognise it will make you type it in and then the word appears above your keyboard, you just tap that, then it's added to the dictionary for you to easily type it later.

I managed to snap up SlideIt when the 10p android sale was on :)

Guest Josef Prusa

I use Smart Keyboard Pro which is probably the best keyboard anyway - unless you need to slide/swype. But you should really try the Go Keyboard - it's free and pretty decent.

Guest The smartphone

Ok, thanks everyone for suggestions, GO keyboard seems quite adequate for my needs.

I have another question. Today I tried listening to music for the first time and noticed, that the lowest media volume was still pretty loud for my liking. The next step down is complete silence - not very useful. Any suggestions?

Guest JohnnyZTE

Ok, thanks everyone for suggestions, GO keyboard seems quite adequate for my needs.

I have another question. Today I tried listening to music for the first time and noticed, that the lowest media volume was still pretty loud for my liking. The next step down is complete silence - not very useful. Any suggestions?

My daughter was in hospital sick for a week, me or the misses had to spend the night with her, so I installed mx video and the codecs and went to TV catchup for mobiles and watched e4, I used the fancy headphones the orange shop gave me as a surprise and as you say its bloody loud even at the low volume. May be ZTE might address this in the next firmware update, but I don't think there is anything we can do about it at the moment.

Guest ROMZERO

I thought i'd let you know that if your going to use seb's rom as a base for your next build i noticed on several occassions (different flashes) that i had calls just cut off

I may have deleted the library and other xt9 bits to save some space. I would look but getting my laptop out on Valentines day its a no no lol.

Guest Josef Prusa

I thought i'd let you know that if your going to use seb's rom as a base for your next build i noticed on several occassions (different flashes) that i had calls just cut off

I have been running Seb's ROM for some 3 weeks now, no such problems here. But I have got the Vivacity if that could make any difference...

Guest ROMZERO

i have a vivacity too! i dunno whats going on must be my phone.lol oh well you win some you loose some

I have been running Seb's ROM for some 3 weeks now, no such problems here. But I have got the Vivacity if that could make any difference...

Guest ROMZERO

actually on different phones same model theres different parts maybe this is the cause. i dunno :S

i have a vivacity too! i dunno whats going on must be my phone.lol oh well you win some you loose some

Guest raverrr

nope. Wasn't planning on using his ROM. Just the same stock ROM he used.