MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

1544 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work!

Now running the RLS 2 , loving it, you've no Idea how much the green icons were bugging me...

Keep up the great work guys, I'm sure lots of people really appreciate your help and support!

Cheers Surf

Posted · Report post

I'm using the San Francisco 2 version of this rom and have compiled the tun and cifs modules for the kernel.

[attachment=78260:tun-2.6.35.7-perf+.zip]

[attachment=78261:cifs-oustock.zip]

I don't have a Vivacity to test if they also work with that kernel but I'm thinking they would. They seem to work okay on my SF2.

Hopefully these could be a useful addition to the rom?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bunnygirl222' timestamp='1327607182' post='1890632']
I'm using the San Francisco 2 version of this rom and have compiled the tun and cifs modules for the kernel.

[attachment=78260:tun-2.6.35.7-perf I+.zip]

[attachment=78261:cifs-oustock.zip]

I don't have a Vivacity to test if they also work with that kernel but I'm thinking they would. They seem to work okay on my SF2.

Hopefully these could be a useful addition to the rom?
[/quote]
ledgend!! thanks very much :)

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

[quote name='raverrr' timestamp='1327609483' post='1890643']
ledgend!! thanks very much :)
[/quote]

Raverrr, it would be great if you could add the tun module, along with Open VPN in the Fish and Chips ROM :D

Posted · Report post

[quote name='windy_miller' timestamp='1327610911' post='1890658']
Raverrr, it would be great if you could add the tun module, along with Open VPN in the Fish and Chips ROM :D
[/quote]
I'm having a look now :) Bit of a leap for me.I have a very limited knowledge on kernel modules.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='raverrr' timestamp='1327612089' post='1890666']
I'm having a look now :) Bit of a leap for me.I have a very limited knowledge on kernel modules.
[/quote]

Well in linux it would just be a case of running "modprobe tun.ko". I've never done any andriod dev though, so have no idea what you have to do!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='windy_miller' timestamp='1327612939' post='1890679']
Well in linux it would just be a case of running "modprobe tun.ko". I've never done any andriod dev though, so have no idea what you have to do!
[/quote]

For the cifs module you may need to use insmod and insert the slow-work.ko module first as this is an extra to get around the slow work functionality not being included in the main body of the kernel.

I described my process for getting it working with cifs manager in [url="http://android.modaco.com/topic/349161-rom-flb2-completely-debranded-gb-rom-r2a/page__view__findpost__p__1889420"]this post[/url] but obviously that is running the modules off /sdcard instead of whatever their usual place on the filesystem is.

If you need any other modules compiling I can do that quite easily but I think tun and cifs are the two that people are usually looking for.

Posted · Report post

Anyone know if there's an easy fix for the Bluetooth hands free fault on this rom?
I could really do with this ASAP! [img]http://android.modaco.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bunnygirl222' timestamp='1327616312' post='1890702']
For the cifs module you may need to use insmod and insert the slow-work.ko module first as this is an extra to get around the slow work functionality not being included in the main body of the kernel.

I described my process for getting it working with cifs manager in [url="http://android.modaco.com/topic/349161-rom-flb2-completely-debranded-gb-rom-r2a/page__view__findpost__p__1889420"]this post[/url] but obviously that is running the modules off /sdcard instead of whatever their usual place on the filesystem is.

If you need any other modules compiling I can do that quite easily but I think tun and cifs are the two that people are usually looking for.
[/quote]
Overclocking is what ppl want the most around these parts. there is an overclockable kernel out for the TMV but front facing camera isnt supported. If you want a challenge there is is :).
Thank you for your imput. All help is greatly appreciated :)

Posted · Report post

many thanks guys. nice rom.
not checked everything yet, but runs smooth so far, or is that the TMV vs the OSF ? :P

It might be me, but I loaded what I thought was RLS2 with nemus
this file, 'Fish_and_Chips_TMV_Nemus_3.2_clone'
and in 'about phone' 'Build version', it says ....RLS1
a small harmless thing I expect

Posted · Report post

[quote name='andysee' timestamp='1327774121' post='1891505']
It might be me, but I loaded what I thought was RLS2 with nemus
this file, 'Fish_and_Chips_TMV_Nemus_3.2_clone'
and in 'about phone' 'Build version', it says ....RLS1
a small harmless thing I expect
[/quote]

That's a small error on their part, which they have already acknowledged.

Posted (edited) · Report post

[quote name='raverrr' timestamp='1327601064' post='1890593']
We just wanted to stay with the food theme and appeal to the British flashers :).
[/quote]

Thought as much!

Bloody good job you aren't Scottish or It could be called 'DeepFriedMarsBar'N'Haggis' :D Edited by Russ_uk

Cheeky bastid!!! :P

<-- Scottish Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Russ_uk' timestamp='1327776462' post='1891524']
Thought as much!

Bloody good job you aren't Scottish or It could be called 'DeepFriedMarsBar'N'Haggis' :D
[/quote]
hahaha funny :)

Posted · Report post

[size="5"][u][b]Update: [/b][/u][/size]

-Testing Sony bravia engine port (better picture quality and video quality)
-Testing GPS tweak for better, Faster lock and better acuracy.

[size="4"][u][b]Also[/b][/u][/size],
As most of you probably already know, FallenAngel , who brought us BLADEMIX for the ZTE BLADE, is no longer working on his exelent ROM.
Several weeks ago he got in touch with me and n4y4nrules offering for us to keep BLADEMIX alive. How could we refuse!!! :)
[u][b][size="4"]
my questions to the gang: [/size][/b][/u]

-Should we open a new topic for it?
-what should we call it? (FA suggests A.T.D (Attention To Detail) ; Fish'N'Mix?)

Posted · Report post

Fresh Mixed Fish.......I say a new topic and keep Fish N Chips original. Thanks for bringing the SFII and the Vivacity to the top shelf with all the updates.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PsYcHoKiLLa' timestamp='1327797386' post='1891640']
Cheeky bastid!!! :P

<-- Scottish
[/quote]
No offense meant PK as I'm sure you know, was only said in jest :)

[quote name='raverrr' timestamp='1327848886' post='1891867']
-Should we open a new topic for it?[/quote]
Open a new topic for sure, might aswell have a fresh start.

[quote name='raverrr' timestamp='1327848886' post='1891867']-what should we call it? (FA suggests A.T.D (Attention To Detail) ; Fish'N'Mix?)[/quote]
Hmm, what name...Chip'N'Mix maybe (as a pun on Pick'N'Mix) I dunno (?)...

..I'll get my thinking cap on. Edited by Russ_uk

Posted · Report post

[size=2][/size]
[/quote]

Sounds good...look forward to this one

-what should we call it? (FA suggests A.T.D (Attention To Detail) ; Fish'N'Mix?)
[/quote]

Yea new rom new thread. :-)
Hows abouts "Cod&Chips" or "Pie&Chips"

New thread definitely, keep things tidy. As for the name, how about "Friedroid" or "A.M.M - Android Mega Mix" :) Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

[size="5"][u][b]Update: [/b][/u][/size]

-Testing GPS tweak for better, Faster lock and better acuracy.
[/quote]
WoW! *Lies down a moment* :D

[size="4"][u][b]Also[/b][/u][/size],
As most of you probably already know, FallenAngel , who brought us BLADEMIX for the ZTE BLADE, is no longer working on his exelent ROM.
Several weeks ago he got in touch with me and n4y4nrules offering for us to keep BLADEMIX alive. How could we refuse!!! :)
[u][b][size="4"]
my questions to the gang: [/size][/b][/u]

[/quote]
From the look of all that stuff he crammed into that... OCD would seem appropriate :D AKA COD & Chips ;) :D

Oh yeah... and def another thread ;) Edited by fr0do

Posted · Report post

Pie & Mash

Posted · Report post

[quote name='fr0do' timestamp='1327866980' post='1891992']
WoW! *Lies down a moment* :D

From the look of all that stuff he crammed into that... OCD would seem appropriate :D AKA COD & Chips ;) :D

Oh yeah... and def another thread ;)
[/quote]

well its a nice colorful ROM and really shows off the screen :) you crack me up XD

Posted · Report post

Raverrr any news on the new ROM? I ran into the sleep problem again yesterday.