[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest surfungus

Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work!

Now running the RLS 2 , loving it, you've no Idea how much the green icons were bugging me...

Keep up the great work guys, I'm sure lots of people really appreciate your help and support!

Cheers Surf

Guest bunnygirl222

I'm using the San Francisco 2 version of this rom and have compiled the tun and cifs modules for the kernel.

tun-2.6.35.7-perf+.zip

cifs-oustock.zip

I don't have a Vivacity to test if they also work with that kernel but I'm thinking they would. They seem to work okay on my SF2.

Hopefully these could be a useful addition to the rom?

Guest raverrr

I'm using the San Francisco 2 version of this rom and have compiled the tun and cifs modules for the kernel.

tun-2.6.35.7-perf+.zip

cifs-oustock.zip

I don't have a Vivacity to test if they also work with that kernel but I'm thinking they would. They seem to work okay on my SF2.

Hopefully these could be a useful addition to the rom?

ledgend!! thanks very much :)

Guest raverrr

Raverrr, it would be great if you could add the tun module, along with Open VPN in the Fish and Chips ROM :D

I'm having a look now :) Bit of a leap for me.I have a very limited knowledge on kernel modules.

Guest windy_miller

I'm having a look now :) Bit of a leap for me.I have a very limited knowledge on kernel modules.

Well in linux it would just be a case of running "modprobe tun.ko". I've never done any andriod dev though, so have no idea what you have to do!

Guest bunnygirl222

Well in linux it would just be a case of running "modprobe tun.ko". I've never done any andriod dev though, so have no idea what you have to do!

For the cifs module you may need to use insmod and insert the slow-work.ko module first as this is an extra to get around the slow work functionality not being included in the main body of the kernel.

I described my process for getting it working with cifs manager in this post but obviously that is running the modules off /sdcard instead of whatever their usual place on the filesystem is.

If you need any other modules compiling I can do that quite easily but I think tun and cifs are the two that people are usually looking for.

Guest raverrr

For the cifs module you may need to use insmod and insert the slow-work.ko module first as this is an extra to get around the slow work functionality not being included in the main body of the kernel.

I described my process for getting it working with cifs manager in this post but obviously that is running the modules off /sdcard instead of whatever their usual place on the filesystem is.

If you need any other modules compiling I can do that quite easily but I think tun and cifs are the two that people are usually looking for.

Overclocking is what ppl want the most around these parts. there is an overclockable kernel out for the TMV but front facing camera isnt supported. If you want a challenge there is is :).

Thank you for your imput. All help is greatly appreciated :)

Guest andysee

many thanks guys. nice rom.

not checked everything yet, but runs smooth so far, or is that the TMV vs the OSF ? :P

It might be me, but I loaded what I thought was RLS2 with nemus

this file, 'Fish_and_Chips_TMV_Nemus_3.2_clone'

and in 'about phone' 'Build version', it says ....RLS1

a small harmless thing I expect

Guest Russ_uk

It might be me, but I loaded what I thought was RLS2 with nemus

this file, 'Fish_and_Chips_TMV_Nemus_3.2_clone'

and in 'about phone' 'Build version', it says ....RLS1

a small harmless thing I expect

That's a small error on their part, which they have already acknowledged.

Guest Russ_uk

We just wanted to stay with the food theme and appeal to the British flashers :).

Thought as much!

Bloody good job you aren't Scottish or It could be called 'DeepFriedMarsBar'N'Haggis' :D

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest raverrr

Update:

-Testing Sony bravia engine port (better picture quality and video quality)

-Testing GPS tweak for better, Faster lock and better acuracy.

Also,

As most of you probably already know, FallenAngel , who brought us BLADEMIX for the ZTE BLADE, is no longer working on his exelent ROM.

Several weeks ago he got in touch with me and n4y4nrules offering for us to keep BLADEMIX alive. How could we refuse!!! :)

my questions to the gang:

-Should we open a new topic for it?

-what should we call it? (FA suggests A.T.D (Attention To Detail) ; Fish'N'Mix?)

Guest Reider59

Fresh Mixed Fish.......I say a new topic and keep Fish N Chips original. Thanks for bringing the SFII and the Vivacity to the top shelf with all the updates.

Guest Russ_uk

Open a new topic for sure, might aswell have a fresh start.

-what should we call it? (FA suggests A.T.D (Attention To Detail) ; Fish'N'Mix?)

Hmm, what name...Chip'N'Mix maybe (as a pun on Pick'N'Mix) I dunno (?)...

..I'll get my thinking cap on.

Edited by Russ_uk

Guest jasonleeds

Sounds good...look forward to this one

Yea new rom new thread. :-)

Hows abouts "Cod&Chips" or "Pie&Chips"

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

New thread definitely, keep things tidy. As for the name, how about "Friedroid" or "A.M.M - Android Mega Mix" :)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Update:

-Testing GPS tweak for better, Faster lock and better acuracy.

WoW! *Lies down a moment* :D

Also,

As most of you probably already know, FallenAngel , who brought us BLADEMIX for the ZTE BLADE, is no longer working on his exelent ROM.

Several weeks ago he got in touch with me and n4y4nrules offering for us to keep BLADEMIX alive. How could we refuse!!! :)

my questions to the gang:

From the look of all that stuff he crammed into that... OCD would seem appropriate :D AKA COD & Chips ;) :D

Oh yeah... and def another thread ;)

Edited by fr0do

Guest raverrr

WoW! *Lies down a moment* :D

From the look of all that stuff he crammed into that... OCD would seem appropriate :D AKA COD & Chips ;) :D

Oh yeah... and def another thread ;)

well its a nice colorful ROM and really shows off the screen :) you crack me up XD