Install discussions for Omnia2Droid

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

To keep the main forum clean, I start a separate install topic.

Please share your problems and solutions here.

Edit: To clear things out, I mean "Installing android on Omnia2 (like) phones", "How to install Android on my Omnia2 (like) phone"

My goal is not to compare installed apps on different phones. Also not things like camera not working. Only installation issues.

Edit 2: For ubuntu or other linux howto's, please use google.

Please read installguides and directions first before posting:

* Omnia2Droid Projectpage Guide

* First post on main topic

* Second post on main topic

And the one and only official readme from devs installer:

WARNING! Make a backup first! It could wipe Your external SD!

Steps for automatic installing:

1. Copy all files and folders to My Storage

2. Enter to o2beta folder

3a. For external SD install, just click installandroid.exe 

3b. To install on internal storage - rename sd_ms.cpio.gz to sd.cpio.gz, but You MUST have partitions created earlier properly (fat32, ext4, swap)!. After rename click installandroid.exe.

4. Wait, extracting ~150MB could take time.

5. After reboot run haret.exe from My Storage (it's normal that first screen is pink - just wait, if it's more than 30s, tap the screen)

6. Enjoy!

Notes: 

1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

2. If You remove external SD card and installed on Internal Storage, it may not boot (change in startup.txt and /system/etc/fstab required).

3. There is important change in startup.txt kernel parameters. There must be added following parameter (for manual install only) to kernel parameters line: vmalloc=256M

4. Updates names are: cm_o2_update.tar.gz and cm_o2_update.sh

Usefull links:

Devs site

Omnia2Droid Projectpage

Edited by erikcas

Guest vakaloka

This post should be sticked. BTW erikcas, if you like this problem list, copy it to the first post =D

First of all, read the first page of the main post >Here<

Troubleshooting:

1. My Omnia hangs on "Android on Omnia II Loading" #3041 #3055 #3090 #3117

2. I need the "startup.txt" file! #3052

3. Can I Donate to the project? #3056

4. Can't see storage under android #3063

5. Can't see SD card (when installed on my storage) #3066 #3738

6. Notes on partition layout #3828

7. How can I cange the keymap on the phone? #3074 #3755

8. Stuck at one of the loading stages #3081

9. Terminal emulator and swap partition #3565 #3097 #3177

10. Installation hangs at "Checking for external SD" #3164

11. I wan't to use my storage as SD Card #3175 #3829

12. I can't see the clock on my CM6 #3197 #3598 #3599

13. How can I increase the performance #3200 Before applying any of this changes, read #3908 #3907

14. The camera doesn't work properly #3206

15. I'm chinese and I can't see the fonts properly #3233 #3444

16. Missing numbers in the keyboard #3245

17. Any alternatives to App2SD? #3279

18. The GPS is too slow #3290 #3843

19. Problems with hidden access points #3313 #3322 #3335

20. How to install on internal storage? #1879 #3735 #3327 #3691

21. General installation video #3839

22. Troubleshooting installing on internal storage #3585

23. Email app with OWAV capabilities? #3343 #3345 #3348

24. Plans to enable DSP Manager? #3413

25. Earphones not detected when plugged in #3430 #3692 #3739

26. Installing in my storage using autoinstaller #3505

27. How to use the android shell from pc #3565

28. Can't load logcat in the terminal emulator #3567 #3571

29. Some texts doesn't appear on my phone! #3625

30. I don't like the boot animation #3635 #3662

31. Turn off boot animation #3667

32. Not working updates #3655

33. IMEI management on CM6 #3666 #3670

34. Change notification bar transparency #3676

35. Troubles using the phone as a massive USB storage #3680 #3682 #3821

36. Battery duration #3706

37. Switching IME #3712

38. How to recover My storage after unsuccessful install #3716 #3750

39. Troubles loading script updates #3753 #3768 #3799

40. Is it possible to magically convert a resistive screen into a capasitive one? #3763 #3765 #3782 #3853

41. Can't play music from My Storage See NÂș11 or #3804

42. Can't turn on phone after left sleeping a lot of time #3826 #3840

43. I just want to use an android app #3847

44. How to make a backup of my phone? #3902 #3915

45. When I'll be able to use FM Radio or camera driver? #3918 #4123

46. Troubles regarding Launcher Pro #3960

47. Troubles regarding Camera #4003

48. Overclocking the phone #3993

49. Preventing unexpected restarts #4075

50. What is better? SD card or Internal Storage? #4083

51. Battery not reaching 100% #4107

52. How to run Logcat? #_6

Offtopic:

1. What's HDPI? #4145

2. Where Can I find official windows roms? #3938

And PLEASE Do not ask again about any of this topics:

1. The camera doesn't work

The driver is being rebuilt, so just wait until dev's post news about it

2. How to listen to FM Radio

As the camera, the FM Radio driver is being developed by sandor, so just wait

3. When will we have full nand rom?

There are quite a lot of things to do before creating a room. Moreover if you screw up with haret it doesn't matter, you can always reinstall.

However, if you screw up with the nand, your phone could brick.

4. Can we overclock android?

No, moreover if we did so, the battery would last even less, le processor could get damaged, and is not a good idea.

5. Can someone make an even easier install guide?

Come on... there's even a video

6. The battery drains very quickly!

Yes, and we cannot do anything at the moment but lower the clock frequency, which isn't a good idea

This guide has taken me 2 hours to be made, so please, use it

Edited by vakaloka

Guest vakaloka

My problem isnÂŽt in list:

• Reboot continuously after all updates applied. Before this (for "pure" Cyanogenmod beta 1 pack) didnÂŽt occur and the system worked fast (I donÂŽt tested the problems that others have reported).
  • Reboots occurs during O2DROID logo or when the home screen appears, when home screen appears an dialog with application error message "system process" showed with two buttons (close or wait), for any option chosen the system run slowest and after some time restart

Just run logcat so that we can locate the actual problem.

If you are going to ask how to run logcat, do this:

How to run Logcat

1Âș- Download Android SDK here

2Âș- Extract(if you downloaded the zip) or install it somewhere

3Âș- Run cmd, and type: "cd <path to the android sdk folder>/platform-tools/"

4Âș- Type: adb logcat to see realtime log or adb logcat>log.txt to save it to log.txt

5Âș- Load Haret.exe

*If you don't see the log, make sure you have debug usb activated. To check it, go to Settings>Applications>Development>Check Debug Usb if it's not alreade checked

You can upload your dumps to http://www.pastie.org Please don't upload them in the forum, as they're quite long

Edited by vakaloka

Guest Bassvix

Thanks...I'll do it.:D

How to run Logcat

4Âș- Type: adb logcat to see realtime log or adb logcat>log.txt to save it to log.txt

5Âș- Load Haret.exe

*If you don't see the log, make sure you have debug usb activated. To check it, go to Settings>Applications>Development>Check Debug Usb if it's not alreade checked

You can upload your dumps to http://www.pastie.org Please don't upload them in the forum, as they're quite long

Guest Bassvix

Logcat show me "waiting for device" and not connect.

My Windows 7 (64 bits) not install USB driver for "Samsung_Android", is this the problem?

How to run Logcat

5Âș- Load Haret.exe

Guest erikcas

My problem isnÂŽt in list:

• Reboot continuously after all updates applied. Before this (for "pure" Cyanogenmod beta 1 pack) didnÂŽt occur and the system worked fast (I donÂŽt tested the problems that others have reported).
  • Reboots occurs during O2DROID logo or when the home screen appears, when home screen appears an dialog with application error message "system process" showed with two buttons (close or wait), for any option chosen the system run slowest and after some time restart.

This is not an installationproblem. It looks like your android went corrupt. My advice: Reinstall.

Guest erikcas

Install shield error message: "error reading setup initalization file".

Corrupted file.

Wheres the "base page" for KIES driver?

Thanks.

This is not an android installation issue. Think you should google on "installing KIES on windows 7"

Guest erikcas

My intention when starting this topic was to discuss problems during installing android on omniaII and omnia pro phones.

With all respect to the list posted by Vakaloka, we are already off-topic with questions other then installing android on the phone.

I really want to help people out with installing android on their phones, but I cannot do so and not willing to put my energy in it when this topic will be flushed with other questions like installing KIES on windows. Again, with all respect, don't get me wrong!

@ Vakaloka: Please open a topic like "Tuts and problems when using Android on Omnia" and put your list there, so these problems can be discussed there. I see lots of problems and feature requests in it that don't have anything to do with installing android. I respect the questions, but again, 90% of the list are off topic here.

One question: Do I have to do something with SD Card/My Storage (Format, create ext4 partitions) Before I start installing Cyanogenmod Beta 1? I've made it work the first time i've installed it (I copied all the files to my storage, than copied all files from update 1 (rewriting zimage) and than just launched installandroid.exe from 02beta folder.) Now I want to install android again, I do these steps again but the instalation stucks with the message "End?"

What's wrong :?

Guest erikcas
One question: Do I have to do something with SD Card/My Storage (Format, create ext4 partitions) Before I start installing Cyanogenmod Beta 1? I've made it work the first time i've installed it (I copied all the files to my storage, than copied all files from update 1 (rewriting zimage) and than just launched installandroid.exe from 02beta folder.) Now I want to install android again, I do these steps again but the instalation stucks with the message "End?"

What's wrong :?

Need more info then only the last "end" message. Could you try to post some more output from installer (make a pic or something)

Need more info then only the last "end" message. Could you try to post some more output from installer (make a pic or something)

Have a look: (in attachment)

PS: Sorry for the quality

post-784510-0-72875000-1325242294_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest erikcas

Have a look: (in attachment)

PS: Sorry for the quality

It seems it can't find a partition (just missing it in pic)

My suggestion is to remove all partitions, create one fat32 primary partition and retry

It seems it can't find a partition (just missing it in pic)

My suggestion is to remove all partitions, create one fat32 primary partition and retry

You mean on SD Card or on My Storage? SD Card was absolutely empty with one fat32 (once I did it with minitool partition wizard, and once winmo done it itself)

Guest erikcas

You mean on SD Card or on My Storage? SD Card was absolutely empty with one fat32 (once I did it with minitool partition wizard, and once winmo done it itself)

You are sure you only have one partition? It seems having troubles with your SD card (mmcblk0)

I just reproduced:

1 partition fat32 --> no problems

1 partition fat32 (mmcblk0p1) and 1 small swap partition (mmcblk0p2) --> installer fails

And I see something about bad superblock. Can you post pic of whole screen with output messages.

Please repartition, reboot device and try installer again

You are sure you only have one partition? It seems having troubles with your SD card (mmcblk0)

I just reproduced:

1 partition fat32 --> no problems

1 partition fat32 (mmcblk0p1) and 1 small swap partition (mmcblk0p2) --> installer fails

And I see something about bad superblock. Can you post pic of whole screen with output messages.

Please repartition, reboot device and try installer again

Not nessecary, but still thanx! I've posted above that the problem is fixed! It was Logical partition, not Primary, thats what the source of evil was :D

Guest Bassvix

I found yesterday.

It installed without problems, though I'll do the clean install of Android, no updates to assess what is the problem.

This is not an android installation issue. Think you should google on "installing KIES on windows 7"

Umm... Got a noob question here. What do I use to create partion for the micro sd card. I tried dlding minitool partition wizard but it can only read my hard drive so not sure hw to create partition for installation.

Guest gauravv

Umm... Got a noob question here. What do I use to create partion for the micro sd card. I tried dlding minitool partition wizard but it can only read my hard drive so not sure hw to create partition for installation.

make partition as primary not logical

managed to make it primary but still the same problem occurred. It basically looks similar to what zeeplay9 posted. What I did was to change partition to primary, placed o2beta folder, cm_update_i65.sh, cm_update_wm.sh, ext4.tr.gz, HARET.exe, README.txt and zImage in my storage and load androidinstall.exe from o2beta folder? did I do anything wrong?

post-728397-0-16050100-1325412661_thumb.

Edited by engsin

Guest markymark123

Happy New Year :D

Thanks for all you work and time!

I couldn't see ths problem on the list. I installed android on my external SD card using the automactic method. It worked perfectly. I installed the update (with new kernel), replacing the appropriate files as instructed and when I try to run the android update it hangs on the 'android boot screen' (1hr then I give up) . Any suggestions?

Cheers.