• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Smartshare cant stream from the phone?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Had my Optimus 2X for a few days and its updated to Gingerbread.

Using the LG DLNA app Smartshare I cant stream videos from the phone. You select where you want to stream "from" and "to. When selecting "from" I cant use the phone as my media library, the option to use the phone isnt there!

Ive used Skifta on the phone which works fine (I can select the phone as my media source) but I would prefer to use the Smartshare app instead.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Posted

Try this :

+Go where your video is

+Select "Send" (or something like this)

+Select "Smartshare"

+Choose the target and enjoy!

[i'm french, sorry if terms that I have used was wrong!]

Posted

I can't remember the exact location but somewhere in settings (I think it might be under wifi networks) there is an option for smartshare you need turned on. Sorry I'm not much more usebut I use cm now so can't check exactly

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Posted

Try this :

+Go where your video is

+Select "Smartshare"

Thankyou for this idea. Unfortunatly, when I do this Smartshare is not in the list of apps I can send the video to. (But Skifta Is!!!)

Posted (edited)

I can't remember the exact location but somewhere in settings (I think it might be under wifi networks) there is an option for smartshare you need turned on. Sorry I'm not much more usebut I use cm now so can't check exactly

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Thankyou for your suggestion. Im wondering if i've accidentally chosen not to share anything in a menu somewhere..which is why the phone isnt appearing as a media source in Smartshare. There doesn't appear to be any settings to alter in Smartshare...and i've checked everywhere else, including wifi settings.

The frustrating thing is, i'm sure it DID see the phone when I tried the app a couple of days ago...or am I cracking up?

Edited by ruggs1234

Posted (edited)

I have found a settings menu within Smartshare, on the second Smartshare splash screen. You can make the device discoverable by other devices...but there is still no option within Smartshare to use the phone itself as your media library.

Can someone with this phone (im on stock Gingerbread) please start Smartshare and see if you have an option to use the phone itself as your media library (switch your wifi on, start Smartshare, press the "from" option and see if the phone itself is offered as an option to select as your library). It might help put me out of my misery!

Again, many thanks in advance.

Edited by ruggs1234

Posted

No, I have tried that many times but had no luck. You say skifta is good to go?

I have tried every market app and did not find something stable to use.

Posted

No, I have tried that many times but had no luck. You say skifta is good to go?

I have tried every market app and did not find something stable to use.

Thankyou for trying that for me. Sadly, I dont see much point to Smartshare if you cant stream from the phone.

Skifta works for me and seems stable (remember, im on stock Gingerbread) as does Imediashare. Both are free or have free versions.

I prefer Imediashare because you can skip forwards or backwards with the video file you're streaming, but Skifta is a little easier to use.

Again, thankyou for testing that for me.

Posted (edited)

Try this :

+Go where your video is

+Select "Smartshare"

Ive worked it out with the help of this poster!

In case anyone else was wondering you start with the "Gallery", press and hold the video you want to send through Smartshare and chose to "send" it to Smartshare. As the poster says you then choose your target and you're away!.

The key is to start with the "Gallery" and not a file manager. Its a clumsy solution from LG (why dont they just make the phone a library source like all the other apps do!) but it works.

Thankyou to the Marsou77 (and a thread on an LG website forum!)

Edited by ruggs1234