[HELP] Add languages to a LEWAOS/MIUImod ROM

Guest lol looool

Android 2.3.7

How to enable English :-)

Press menu button, then press button with "tool" image on it

the first scree that opens is with connection settings. Just slide the screen from right to left and look for an icon with A letter on it. Press it and choose first item to select English

Edited by SlavZ

Guest iKrautDroid

Can somebody start a thread for this rom?

We are all cluttering this thread and the thread starter isnt getting helped...

I cant cause I wont have access to my PC until the new year :)

Guest ManMetDeHamer

It seems to be some kind of diffrent os, it even got an update functionality see screenshots:

lewarom.pnglewaupdate.png

i will make a new threat for this rom

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest Maxsas360

Does anybody else feel the lewa OS thread should have been left open for discussion? I feel we dismissed a great rom too quickly :/

Yeah, me too. I think mods were too rude deciding what we should use or not. If I will use it I will f*cking use it. The ROM is great and the warning about Umeng could be in the official forum. Just nobody checked it. Maybe burstlam can help? @cyclothunder got deleted due Umeng analytics implementation without warning which is apparently against MoDaCo rules -.-

Edited by Maxsas360

Guest Cyclothunder

!

Yeah, me too. I think mods were too rude deciding what we should use or not. If I will use it I will f*cking use it. The ROM is great and the warning about Umeng could be in the official forum. Just nobody checked it. Maybe burstlam can help? @cyclothunder got deleted due Umeng analytics implementation without warning which is apparently against MoDaCo rules -.-

Dam! :(

I'm using this rom and loving it! In other hand there should be an option for turning Umeng off. For now i think will be using it.

By the way, are they, "analyzing" my contact's phone number?

Guest Jaret Zen

Umeng is a kind of Flurry.

Flurry Is Big Data

Flurry is a big data company. We're already handling terabytes of data per week and storing petabytes of total data. Next stop: exabytes. As we've scaled our back end, we've created among the largest HBase clusters in the world, running on Hadoop

Since first offering Flurry Analytics in January 2009, the volume of data we handle has grown consistently by 20% month-over-month. At our peak, we handle more than 15,000 session reports per second: that is over 3 times the total number of tweets per second managed by Twitter (source: @twitterglobalpr). Flurry tracks over 200 billion total data points per month, including any unique event or action tracked within any app sessions.

so i think that's a misunderstood about lewa and umeng. Umeng is kind of flurry in china, the company invest by KAI-FU LEE(EX-Google Vice President) Innovation Works CEO now

Edited by Jaret Zen

Guest Davidoff59

Jaret, just a couple of questions.

Why did dolphin HD browser quickly remove umeng software when it was found in their browser? Surely they would have allayed customers fears and kept it in if it was harmless. They tried to cover it up initially until it became public, then described it as a security breach of 0 on a scale of 1-10, and then later removed it completely. Supposedly secure data sent over https was alledgedly also gathered.

Is there a way for an end user to easily switch off the sending of data to umeng?

What differences are there between umeng, and IQ as found on HTC phones that resulted in class action lawsuits being filed, privacy advocators up in arms and politicians calling for a federal investigation?

Is any user identifiable data collected?

Is any of this data sold on to third parties?

Is data encrypted before being sent from the phone to umeng?

Is https data gathered either intentionally or inadvertently or is it possible that your software supports it and it can be easily implemented?

Would you personally be happy to find out that your information had been taken and tracked without your knowledge, and then accept that everything is ok as the company collecting that data handles substantially more data than twitter?

Does umeng have a privacy policy in place that we could have a look at, in English if possible, or a link so we can translate it?

blog.aegislab.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=79&blogId=1

Guest CHN_0431

Jaret, just a couple of questions.

Why did dolphin HD browser quickly remove umeng software when it was found in their browser? Surely they would have allayed customers fears and kept it in if it was harmless. They tried to cover it up initially until it became public, then described it as a security breach of 0 on a scale of 1-10, and then later removed it completely. Supposedly secure data sent over https was alledgedly also gathered.

Is there a way for an end user to easily switch off the sending of data to umeng?

What differences are there between umeng, and IQ as found on HTC phones that resulted in class action lawsuits being filed, privacy advocators up in arms and politicians calling for a federal investigation?

Is any user identifiable data collected?

Is any of this data sold on to third parties?

Is data encrypted before being sent from the phone to umeng?

Is https data gathered either intentionally or inadvertently or is it possible that your software supports it and it can be easily implemented?

Would you personally be happy to find out that your information had been taken and tracked without your knowledge, and then accept that everything is ok as the company collecting that data handles substantially more data than twitter?

Does umeng have a privacy policy in place that we could have a look at, in English if possible, or a link so we can translate it?

blog.aegislab.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=79&blogId=1

nice question,m8. I hope lewa can give its answer.

about privacy policy in umeng: chek this out:

http://www.umeng.com/privacypolicy

u can translate it

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Got a message from the mods today as to why they removed the topic about lewa os:

Hi,

As you can see one of the other moderators has locked down your thread posting the lew_os rom. We need more info on the company collecting the data and what they are actually doing with it if anything as such.Once a proper warning/ explanation is visible (preferably at the top of the page and not lower down after the images) I will make it visible again.

Maybe some chinese users can try to figure out something more about the collection of the data?

i tried reading some stuff on the lewa forums but even with google translate its had to fully understand everything :P

Edited by ManMetDeHamer