[HELP] Add languages to a LEWAOS/MIUImod ROM

Guest lol looool

Guest birdibird

Maybe we can trace which apk is responsible for it and remove it from the rom?

edit: never mind, found the cache of the other thread and saw people are already trying it by freezing apps etc.

Edited by birdibird

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Maybe we can trace which apk is responsible for it and remove it from the rom?

edit: never mind, found the cache of the other thread and saw people are already trying it by freezing apps etc.

yea i froze most of the default apps, and dint see a message about it sending stuff to umeng yet.

Guest Davidoff59

xda developers were discussing this and said

'Ti Backup -> remove Moblick Agent -> no more

data reporting?'

has anyone here tried it? I have been put off even trying the rom but it may be worth doing.

Guest birdibird

yea i froze most of the default apps, and dint see a message about it sending stuff to umeng yet.

if you froze most of the default apps, what's the use of this rom?

Is there still any advantage running this one iso cm7?

which did you freeze?

I've got version 23 and found the launcher, calendar 365, but no pond and which are the other 2 I see on your op?

Guest ManMetDeHamer

if you froze most of the default apps, what's the use of this rom?

Is there still any advantage running this one iso cm7?

which did you freeze?

I've got version 23 and found the launcher, calendar 365, but no pond and which are the other 2 I see on your op?

i froze:

Launcher_lewa_Rom

Lewa Pond

some kind of alternate maket which has a chinese name

the chinese filemanager that comes with the rom

365 callendar app.

but i just noticed something while checking out Titanium Backup there is this application called com.lewa.providers.location Lewa... maye thats whats sending the information?

android dev information on a location provider:

An abstract superclass for location providers. A location provider provides periodic reports on the geographical location of the device. Each provider has a set of criteria under which it may be used; for example, some providers require GPS hardware and visibility to a number of satellites; others require the use of the cellular radio, or access to a specific carrier's network, or to the internet. They may also have different battery consumption characteristics or monetary costs to the user. The Criteria class allows providers to be selected based on user-specified criteria.

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest ManMetDeHamer

anyways, i guess we could prolly say that umeng.com is just a company thats helping developers analyze statistic information.

some post i took from xda developers:

About browsers being on Market and AP doing a good job let me tell you that's not sufficient. Google don't give a sh.t about apps permissions, all they manage to control are malware and apps like Tubemate, last one because they don't like to lose control over their websites.

The only reason Dolphin HD exploit was revealed was it's big success and dedicated developers and hackers watching it. As a Google point of view Dolphin isn't doing nothing illegal, Google just don't take any responsibility by informing users about permissions, something that most do not know how to interpret.

- Dolphin HD keeps sending same packets as always, only thing they changed it's now info it's encrypted and webzine feature is disabled. "Dolphin now phones home via SSL to https://tracken.dolphin-browser.com , which means it was a PITA to determine the traffic to be ultimately tame, though obnoxious."

- Boat Browser used to be very suspicious till last 2.4.1 release. They also keep sending packets but much less now (http://www.umeng.com/app_logs )

- Skyfire had several problems in the past and guess what... yes packets are still going

- Opera Mobile it's save BUT the minute you activate speed browsing all stuff is handled on they're servers before we see it. What happens to processed data?

- Ninesky spews forth your IMEI and possibly coarse location to www.umeng.com whenever you switch back to the browser and sends encrypted URLS of visited pages to cloud.ninesky.com/browser/api

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest birdibird

i froze:

Launcher_lewa_Rom

Lewa Pond

some kind of alternate maket which has a chinese name

the chinese filemanager that comes with the rom

365 callendar app.

but i just noticed something while checking out Titanium Backup there is this application called com.lewa.providers.location Lewa... maye thats whats sending the information?

android dev information on a location provider:

An abstract superclass for location providers. A location provider provides periodic reports on the geographical location of the device. Each provider has a set of criteria under which it may be used; for example, some providers require GPS hardware and visibility to a number of satellites; others require the use of the cellular radio, or access to a specific carrier's network, or to the internet. They may also have different battery consumption characteristics or monetary costs to the user. The Criteria class allows providers to be selected based on user-specified criteria.

No pond over here.

Maybe it is only in v30?

Yes, I noticed the location lewa too and froze it.

I will start unfreeze some stuff and see when umeng shows up again

btw: what an amazing fast and fluid rom!!!

edit: can't we simply add umeng.com to our hosts file?

Edited by birdibird

Guest ManMetDeHamer

No pond over here.

Maybe it is only in v30?

Yes, I noticed the location lewa too and froze it.

I will start unfreeze some stuff and see when umeng shows up again

btw: what an amazing fast and fluid rom!!!

edit: can't we simply add umeng.com to our hosts file?

Im not 100% sure, i tought that the hostsfile is only for webbrowsers? i could be wrong tho

i tried adding it to the hostsfile, guess well see what happens :P

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest birdibird

Im not 100% sure, i tought that the hostsfile is only for webbrowsers? i could be wrong tho

adfree also uses the hosts file to block ads

dunno if it is only used for webkit or for the app itself

Guest ManMetDeHamer

hmm i wonder why mine doesnt then, i added exactly the same :S

also i found this map from market LBE privacy, you can use it to block all apps including system apps from reading imei number and other information

Guest brookergray

hmm i wonder why mine doesnt then, i added exactly the same :S

also i found this map from market LBE privacy, you can use it to block all apps including system apps from reading imei number and other information

How did you edit and add it? That could be the problem.

Guest john99

Someone please make video preview of this rom and upload it to youtube like sites so that every one can have a proper look and feel of this "MIUI" lite Rom!!!

Guest ManMetDeHamer

you need to add the a2sd scriptalso the rom has buildin option to install apps on sd

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest michael spped

hey i just found this-

you frog fans, <br style=word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">December 30 of the Thirteenth Lok frog ROM released soon after the frogs were enthusiastic fans also released to a foreign country a popular forum for Android MoDaCo. ( http://android.modaco.com/topic/ ... based/page__st__100 ) <br style=word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">Le Frog ROM for foreign friends are very interested, and were very enthusiastic; but some people posted the question: Le Frog ROM will be in use access to user privacy data, sent to the Friends of the Union (Umeng), as this matter has caused some of frog forum Frog music fans attention.<br style=word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">1944523v7sfwvgmtt3hgb7.png <br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">For this problem, happy frogs do not avoid, and respond as follows: <br style=word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">you may remember a few months ago, a frog fans raised the status bar at the operating system process, data traffic will be generated. Hyla first time we stand up and reply, because the music frog called third-party statistical tools for the daily operation of the user's behavior to do data collection and analysis, there will be a very small amount of data flows, the impact is small. This so-called third-party statistical tools, in fact, Kai-fu Lee innovative teacher workshops following a well-known companies - Friends of the Union ( http://www.umeng.com/ ), a professional service platform for mobile developers. Now most of the domestic mobile Internet application developers who are using them in a unified data interface to continuously analyze user data to improve their products. <br style=word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">Similarly, in Le Frog ROM, we have developed for its own frog music products, and reasonable actions to collect some user data, the only purpose is to improve the product, to improve the experience, but not related to user's private data. Hope we can give to understand, if inappropriate, please help that. Of course, Le Frog will reflect further on how to do better in this regard, in order to go further along with the frog fans! <br style=word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">BTW, we will in the MoDaCo forum to give a positive reply directly. Le Frog is not to avoid the problem, in order to better examine how to improve their own, it will be fun frog has been adhering to the attitude of doing things. <br style=word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; "><br style="word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: tahoma, 'Microsoft YaHei'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; ">Hyla

this is the trasnslation plage

original thread is -http://www.lewaos.com/bbs/thread-17286-1-1.html

so i think the mod should fire up the thread again.i m using this rom n its great. if they did this to cm7 think what they will do when cm9 comes up.

Guest birdibird

you need to add the a2sd scriptalso the rom has buildin option to install apps on sd

I don't want to install the apps on sd but on the sd ext partition I have (512 mb)

how can I add the a2sd script?

normally a cm7 based rom can use s2e, but this one doesn't