[HELP] Add languages to a LEWAOS/MIUImod ROM

Guest lol looool

Guest hirodj

Hello,

you can add something to the Hungarian language?

HUN:

Helló, hozzá lehet adni a magyar nyelvet valahogy?

Edited by hirodj

Guest Davidoff59

where is that mobiclick file stored?

What's the best on phone logcat? I'm using alogcat from market but want something a bit easier to read and see what's doing what.post-925416-0-01000400-1325614990_thumb.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest birdibird

Is it possible to reopen the other thread or rename this one?

By now it is clear that you can block calling home by either:

-put umeng.com in hosts file

-freeze default launcher and install another one

Guest Davidoff59

I think its been mentioned already but LBE privacy from market is a great app.

I gave in and installed this app with sim card removed. I blocked all the permissions on all the default apps including the camera which has a location permission. I removed permissions from the launcher and use it.

There still seems to be stuff happening in the background regarding mobi click but I haven't seen anything that was sent to umeng.com

Guest wrtease

well the news is it has been ported to the skate .the download will be soon.al we need is a dev to do the work on it here to make it right ,just thought others should no.

Guest Maxsas360

well the news is it has been ported to the skate .the download will be soon.al we need is a dev to do the work on it here to make it right ,just thought others should no.

We don't need porting. Lewa has an official version for our Blades.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

another update, i added the following to my /system/etc/hosts file and now the information sending piece is trying to sendt to localhost :D

127.0.0.1 umeng.com

127.0.0.1 www.umeng.com

If you want to make it even more secure, you can use the buildin firewall in systemsetting>phone>datamonitor to block the launcher from using the internet

there are 2 ways to disable MobclickAgent from calling home:

1. Add the lines above to /system/etc/hosts
  2. freeze or uninstall the launcher, freezing is the better option, cuz like that you wont lose ota update,
see screenshot below, as you can see the mobclickagent is trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 instead of umeng.com which ofc makes it fail.

post-825727-0-11087200-1325621979_thumb.post-825727-0-65186000-1325621985_thumb.

On the privacy issue, i agree that we maybe could open a new topic, to we would need permission from a mod 1st.

The thing is, if you modify the default applications included in the rom. The over the air update wont work anymore, meaning you have to download the updates from 115.com each week with horrible download speeds.

Thats why your better of freezing the stock apps you dont like and just installing your own apps after that.

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest wrtease

you could ask tilal6991 how he fixed the data sent .he has got the download link up now for the skate ,maybe you could compare the rom .to see whats changed and fixed.

Guest tilal6991

you could ask tilal6991 how he fixed the data sent .he has got the download link up now for the skate ,maybe you could compare the rom .to see whats changed and fixed.

Don't worry - it's just the hosts file fix. I got it from here ;)

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Don't worry - it's just the hosts file fix. I got it from here ;)

hehe see, have a little more faith in the quick and easy fixes ;)

Guest Davidoff59

mine wont allow me to save when I try to edit the hosts file using astro file manager.

Using the inbuilt app manager, the hosts area is mostly in Chinese.

Update keeps force closing on me even though I allowed its permissions

Guest birdibird

mine wont allow me to save when I try to edit the hosts file using astro file manager.

Using the inbuilt app manager, the hosts area is mostly in Chinese.

Update keeps force closing on me even though I allowed its permissions

you need root explorer or es explorer for it

root options have to be activated and / and /system mounted rewritable r/w

(see the options in the apps)

Eventho i hate antutu as a benchmark and it doesnt realy say anything, here you go:

antutu.png

Yep. Nothing for me. I want ROM with good 3D performance like (Elite Blade)

With Elite Blade I have got 1850 points in antutu oc to 691Mhz.

// But thanks for test.

Edited by sqbo

Guest deepmenace

thanks - is there a particular order to do this in - when i applied it just now the google sync option disappeared from my accounts and sync option in settings.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

where is that mobiclick file stored?

What's the best on phone logcat? I'm using alogcat from market but want something a bit easier to read and see what's doing what.post-925416-0-01000400-1325614990_thumb.

im using catlog, i think its a bit easyer to see whats going on in that version.

Guest doogsville

I have to say I'm throughly enjoying this ROM. I live in China, and to be honest I'm not too bothered about the whole privacy issue. I would guess the info about using the data to improve the service is true. I've been running it for a few days and so far I havent had a single spam text or anything like it. I used the autoupdate today, and it's added a power management feature in the setting menu, pretty cool. It' fast and smooth and so far bug free. I was using a CM7 kang before, and I've had endless trouble with CM7. Nothing major, but enough little niggles to make me want to change. I'm glad I did, it's just making my phone a bit nicer to use.

Next stop ICS I hope!

Guest birdibird

Where can I get the Lewa OS in english?`Is it anyway to get it in Swedish? Anyone have a download link?

-set the language in settings (icon with an A, 1st item) to English

-install a locale app from the market to set it to Swedish

(some apps will be in Swedish, some in English)

-download a keyboard from the market with Swedish dictionary

-reboot the phone

Guest tcmixx

-set the language in settings (icon with an A, 1st item) to English

-install a locale app from the market to set it to Swedish

(some apps will be in Swedish, some in English)

-download a keyboard from the market with Swedish dictionary

-reboot the phone

Thanks, Where shall I download Lewa OS from there website or is there a English download link?