[HELP] Add languages to a LEWAOS/MIUImod ROM

Guest lol looool

Guest birdibird

Thanks, Where shall I download Lewa OS from there website or is there a English download link?

ROM:

http://www64.multiup...80_11.12.30.zip

(it installs in Chinese, look above for instructions to set it to English)

GAPPS:

http://cmw.22aaf3.co...0828-signed.zip

wipe everything, flash rom, flash gapps

as instructed in this thread (search for it)

install another launcher from the market and freeze the standard launcher (and other chinese apps) with titanium backup pro (or app like root uninstaller)

Edited by birdibird

Guest ManMetDeHamer

For the ppl that want to try the rom i made a modified zip file with the following changes:

- Added in modified hostfile to block connections to umeng.com

- changed language to english and location to Europe/Amsterdam

You will still need google apps: google apps

download for the rom: Lewa_fixedprivacy

Howto flash:

Wipe data/cache

Flash the rom

Flahs google apps

reboot the phone

Guest tcmixx

For the ppl that want to try the rom i made a modified zip file with the following changes:

Howto flash:

Wipe data/cache

Flash the rom

Flahs google apps

reboot the phone

Could not flash the rom. Got the error: E:error in /sdcard/lewa_rom_v8800....

(Status 0)

Installation Aborted

Guest iKrautDroid

Howto flash:

Wipe data/cache

Flash the rom

Flahs google apps

reboot the phone

How did you change the roms default language

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Could not flash the rom. Got the error: E:error in /sdcard/lewa_rom_v8800....

(Status 0)

Installation Aborted

try redownloading, prolly something went wrong there, i tested it a few times and works fine here

Guest ManMetDeHamer

How did you change the roms default language

I edited the build.prop like this:

persist.sys.language=en

persist.sys.country=GB

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/Amsterdam

Guest pellonet

Is this the current version 11.12.30? as the buit-in upgrade doesn't seem to work for me.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Is this the current version 11.12.30? as the buit-in upgrade doesn't seem to work for me.

Yes it is, also if you want to keep the OTA update, you should not delete any of the default Lewa applications. If you dont like them you should freeze them instead ;)

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest ManMetDeHamer

here is my screenshots all working perfectly

What is the launcher and the theme your using in the screenshots? it seems pretty cool :D

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Oh right there are some truely awesome themes in there! shame you cant change the icons from from the dock with others and cant change the icons betwee themes :D

Guest Davidoff59

Something I noticed. Having the built in apps permissions removed seems to improve the battery life dramatically.

When I first installed the rom, I removed all the permissions for the apps that are included in the rom. By this, I mean the foreign unknown apps. By the time I got home from work, I had enough power to browse the internet until about 11 o clock.

After giving back permissions last night to try and get the ota update to work, I unplugged phone off charge this morning, didn't use the phone all day and it's now at 25%.

So with the same no usage for the first 8 hours of the day while in work, we have a difference of 89% and approximately 32% under the same circumstances, just with permissions revoked and then re enabled.

I am going to update manually and freeze permissions again and see how it turns out.

Looks pretty clear cut to me and I'm seeing a lot more stuff happening in logcat that wasn't there with permissions removed.

The only thing kept frozen all the time is the stock launcher permissions.

Guest Davidoff59

Also can I recommend rom toolbox free from market. loads of apps rolled into one.

Rom manager, app manager, ad blocker, root browser, terminal emulator, app2sd, overclock, build prop tweaks, build prop settings/ editor. SD boost , font installers, boot animations. and more all in one simple interface.

Something I noticed. Having the built in apps permissions removed seems to improve the battery life dramatically.

When I first installed the rom, I removed all the permissions for the apps that are included in the rom. By this, I mean the foreign unknown apps. By the time I got home from work, I had enough power to browse the internet until about 11 o clock.

After giving back permissions last night to try and get the ota update to work, I unplugged phone off charge this morning, didn't use the phone all day and it's now at 25%.

So with the same no usage for the first 8 hours of the day while in work, we have a difference of 89% and approximately 32% under the same circumstances, just with permissions revoked and then re enabled.

I am going to update manually and freeze permissions again and see how it turns out.

Looks pretty clear cut to me and I'm seeing a lot more stuff happening in logcat that wasn't there with permissions removed.

The only thing kept frozen all the time is the stock launcher permissions.

what do you mean by freezing permissions? Just freezing in tb?

Guest Davidoff59

freezing permission meaning removing permissions through LBE privacy guard. Removing things like access to internet, get imei no, send SMS, get location etc etc.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

can someone give a list of what can be removed from this rom .for testing purposes.please.

dont think it allows you to remove anything, at least not the launcher and such. when i removed these before it wouldnt update using the OTA.