Kernel 2.6.32.9

Guest vamshistunner

Guest Archer_cn

thats odd.. but i think vamshi renamed that file to msm_touch.c instead of msm_ts.c.. i can post msm_ts that i have on my drive if you want to try and recompile kernel

no, thanks. the msm_touch.c is not the driver, it's for another model, but not racer.

I have the official 2.6.32 source for racer, of course the msm_ts.c too. But what I want is a custom one, because the official one is not working well.

• 1 month later...
Guest Harsh37

hey vamshi bro.....!!!!! plz release your .35 kernel......bcoz most of the work on the roms are dependent on that kernels.....!!!! from a long tym we had never seen a update of rom.....!!!! plz release it soon.....!!!!!

Guest Rahulsingh190
hey vamshi bro.....!!!!! plz release your .35 kernel......bcoz most of the work on the roms are dependent on that kernels.....!!!! from a long tym we had never seen a update of rom.....!!!! plz release it soon.....!!!!!
vamshi please release. 35 kernel

Guest GuyOverThere

I don't think vamshi will release .35 guys =( I remember he kinda stop working in it due to wifi issues and then he disappear D: because of new work or something along those lines.

Guest Rahulsingh190
I don't think vamshi will release .35 guys =( I remember he kinda stop working in it due to wifi issues and then he disappear D: because of new work or something along those lines.
now qualcomm has also released "adreno 200 arm v6 ics" drivers so now..there may be no issues about hardware acceleration on ics..so isn't it possible for u Guyoverthere to port .35 kernel ..if wifi does not works it's okay atleast we will have working ics..can u make it

Guest GuyOverThere

now qualcomm has also released "adreno 200 arm v6 ics" drivers so now..there may be no issues about hardware acceleration on ics..so isn't it possible for u Guyoverthere to port .35 kernel ..if wifi does not works it's okay atleast we will have working ics..can u make it

I know what drivers you're refering to, Qualcomm actually released two versions (the first mistakenly compiled) and those that were correctly compiled for the right CPU doesn't work for zte racer :( also, is not only adreno that's needed to have ICS working in zte racer, adreno only takes care of few parts of the board, not all

Regarding .35, there's no point it seems, even if we say "ok, forget about wifi and roll it out as it is" (becuase only few use wifi right?), you won't be able to run ICS, having .32 or .35 won't matter, needed libraries are still missing and zte won't release them :-\

Guest GuyOverThere

wat

Yeah, 2 updated versions for ICS in the sense of: the first ones that were released were compiled against ARM-v7 CPUs, then people were like wtf qualcomm?! and they were like woopsy... and released a new version compiled against ARM-v6 CPUs

Guest equiliym

Yeah, 2 updated versions for ICS in the sense of: the first ones that were released were compiled against ARM-v7 CPUs, then people were like wtf qualcomm?! and they were like woopsy... and released a new version compiled against ARM-v6 CPUs

oh that.. yeah i remember that.. i thought there were 2 releases for v6 was like wtf 0o :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vamshistunner

Hola,

Yes, you are right. I stopped working on it long back as i don't have time for it. There were some issues related to wifi,accelerometer.etc..

However, if you want to have a look at .35, i'll can upload(if i find any) the last one that i've compiled.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest mikeioannina

Hola,

Yes, you are right. I stopped working on it long back as i don't have time for it. There were some issues related to wifi,accelerometer.etc..

However, if you want to have a look at .35, i'll can upload(if i find any) the last one that i've compiled.

Of course, if you still have the source upload it so we can take a look...

Another question, do you remember what sources did you use as a base for your 2.6.32.9 kernel?

Guest vamshistunner

ohey vamshi, long time no see.. sure, if you have some free time, do post source and img if there is any, would be awesome

hey equiliym, yes, busy with other work. I don't have any source right now, i've used Tom G's source. You can try with his source, making some changes specific to racer.

Below are the kernel's that i've last compiled. I don't remember which one is working from these.( As i've already told, it has many issues and is not perfect)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50969746/vamshi35test3NBV.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50969746/vamshi_35test1.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50969746/vamshi_kernel.35test.zip

For the above kernel to work fine, you need to copy "copybit.blade.so" and "gralloc.blade.so" from blade ROM to racer and rename it to "copybit.mooncake.so" and "gralloc.mooncake.so".

Guest equiliym

yeah, work is getting hard for everyone these days sadly :( will take a look at those, thanks.. will also check Toms G's source, thanks for the info :)