• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

User Dictionary on the SFII

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I got a new San Francisco 2 phone recently, and I love it. But one big problem is that whenever I text somebody or email somebody, I have to individually type in words that are not included in the dictionary (such as place names, slang, foreign terms etc).This is very annoying as I repeatedly use some of these non dictionary entrants in many communications with the same person, and the predictive text doesn't know these words.On my old HTC Wildfire there used to be a function under "Language and Keyboard" called User Dictionary where I could individually add words to the in-built memory on the phone.Where is this function on the SF2??? I've looked in manuals, forums and everywhere. It's nowhere to be found.I take it there simply isn't that function available on this phone for whatever reason? If not, does anybody know of a good app? Cheers guys.

Edited by hpc1989

Posted (edited)

Swift Key X is awesome for that - remembers what you type and monitors your gmail, twitter, sms txts etc for common words that you use

Mine is very annoying - it seems to pick up all my contact names and suggest them every time I type! :angry:

Edited by fr0do

Posted

Seems like the (Uk for sure anyway) dictionary is empty. Download User Dictionary Manager from the Apps Store and find a UK word list on the web. Save as 'wordlist.txt' in the root of your SD card and import.

Posted

Can`t beat a good smell checker.... rolleyes.gifdry.gif

Sam

Posted

:)

Well after importing quite a large word list and a re boot I can confirm that this works. It's still not a patch on swift key x... In fact I switched back half way through typing this it was so annoying LoL :-)

Maybe a smaller dictionary would be better?