LG Optimus 2X for as little as £199 review included

Guest arnookie

Guest arnookie

I have made a video review of the features of the LG Optimus 2X as the price is now so low.

I show some gaming performance

MC3 HD and GTA3 with modded file for extreme graphics / lighting/ draw distance and reflections / shadows.

I think you will get a good Idea on how well this phone runs demanding games when you watch this.

This is totaly stock rom 2.3.4 with root.

It gives people a rough Idea how good this phone is even on stock.

This is mainly for people to help decide if buying the LG is for them.

I really can't see the reason to buy anything else at the moment especially as the phone is now available from amazon from as little as £199.

Review link :-

Hope you enjoy watching :0)

Edited by arnookie

Guest alienbb

I have made a video review of the features of the LG Optimus 2X as the price is now so low.

I show some gaming performance

MC3 HD and GTA3 with modded file for extreme graphics / lighting/ draw distance and reflections / shadows.

I think you will get a good Idea on how well this phone runs demanding games when you watch this.

This is totaly stock rom 2.3.4 with root.

It gives people a rough Idea how good this phone is even on stock.

This is mainly for people to help decide if buying the LG is for them.

I really can't see the reason to buy anything else at the moment especially as the phone is now available from amazon from as little as £199.

Review link :-

Hope you enjoy watching :0)

I ordered 2x from amazon too @ 199, manufacture date seems to be March 2011, black screen and reboot on A/C with V10b , but seems to be fine with stock V20l. I can't use Miui or CM mod which I wanted to as it give me BSOD also. Do you have blacklight bleeding at the top of your screen? very temping to send it back....

Edited by alienbb

Guest ruggs1234

I ordered 2x from amazon too @ 199, manufacture date seems to be March 2011, black screen and reboot on A/C with V10b , but seems to be fine with stock V20l. I can't use Miui or CM mod which I wanted to as it give me BSOD also. Do you have blacklight bleeding at the top of your screen? very temping to send it back....

Just out of curiosity...how did you find out the date of manufactuer? I also bought one from Amazon for £199 and I updated it to stock Gingerbread V20g straight away, it's been fine so far.

Guest arnookie

Hi, No I have not noticed a backlight leak on the screen. Are you sure you are not mistaking it for the light gray to dark grey gradient bar at the top of the screen? I saw someone complaining about the skate having backlight leak along the top bar only to find out it was the rom they were running with the gradients along the top edge.

Also are you using the charger that came with the phone? I had a similar problem with the skate not booting when I used a usb charger that was rated at an odd amp. When I used the origional charger it was fine. So maybe the LG has the same effect. Hope that helps and have a look at my video above to see if the screen looks the same.

Guest arnookie

im definitely getting it, just waiting to see if it will drop to 199 again, will be bringing the atomic rom from skate to it aswell.

That would be superb if you get one tillaz.

Guest alienbb

Hi, No I have not noticed a backlight leak on the screen. Are you sure you are not mistaking it for the light gray to dark grey gradient bar at the top of the screen? I saw someone complaining about the skate having backlight leak along the top bar only to find out it was the rom they were running with the gradients along the top edge.

Also are you using the charger that came with the phone? I had a similar problem with the skate not booting when I used a usb charger that was rated at an odd amp. When I used the origional charger it was fine. So maybe the LG has the same effect. Hope that helps and have a look at my video above to see if the screen looks the same.

The light is physically leaking from the edge of the Lcd panel underneath the LG logo overlay, you can see it if you stare at it at a <45degree angle. I did used the stock charger and usb cable and it still black screen and reboot on charge. would be nice to see if amazon are sending out very old stock. or if it is just me.. I bought just before christmas and manufacture date was march 25th!!

Guest RadioCharlie

Typical, £199 already - That means I already own one. Oh, hang on. I do (doh!). I got mine for £263 from HandTech although they seemed to have mixed reviews - I ordered mine on Thurs 22nd Dec, got a phone call an hour later (4pm) to say they don't have any in stock so I'd have to wait until Jan 4th. Then, he put me on hold to check with somebody and came back to say they did have one in stock and it'd be with me next day... and it was, 11am to be exact ;) I also see that Expansys are doing them for £264 if you fancy a more "well-known" retailer. I nearly got the Optimus Black for £190 from eBuyer but decided I'd go for the beefier model and try to future-proof myself in case Orange don't come up with the goods come upgrade time in September.

It would be nice Tillaz port the Atomic ROM to the 2X as I gave it a brief outing on my ZTE Skate but the "Tron-like" GUI put me off. It does seem to be getting lots of positive comments over in the Skate forum so I can't deny that it's a reliable ROM, just didn't appeal to me so stuck with CM7. As for the 2X - I'm currently running BlazingDragon and I've flashed the Baseband, too. About Screen (didn't know I could do screenshots using PWR>Home until I tried to Google why ScreenShot (Kastorsoft) would only take a black screen. Turns out the feature is native to the device!

I sufferred the odd reboot in the 3-4 hours of getting the phone with the stock ROM/Baseband. It came with Froyo and a March Baseband. CM7 seemed to cure it but the Gallery thumbnails seemed to take ages to cache, even hanging the app a few times and the Music player was painfully slow, even on internal SD. This occurred with both the Stable and Nightlys. BlazingDragon seemed to sort everything out - I've put ADW on as I had that on the Skate although the "box fresh" install is rather nice, the Rubix Cube App Folder rotate takes some getting used to!

Nice phone, though. Battery life is better than the Skate and it seems to lose about 1%/hour if left overnight save for the odd "roll over, check messages" at 3am. Just awaiting the postman who will have a gel-skin and a docking charger this one. The docking charger is a very simple one which I think I'm going to regret as the base isn't very big and I've since found a better one that'll also hold a spare battery and has an angled dock.

Guest everett_psycho

I got mine for £270 back in August and don't regret it, there's the odd problem but I never reboot the phone unless one happens so I kind if expect it. I'm running the last nightly build if cm7 which is very stable and supports pretty much everything including the radio. Given the choice now I'd still opt for one, at £200 its a good bit of hardware, it can only get better with people like tillaz coming on board with their own roms

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Guest tillaz

It would be nice Tillaz port the Atomic ROM to the 2X as I gave it a brief outing on my ZTE Skate but the "Tron-like" GUI put me off. It does seem to be getting lots of positive comments

its themed to look like ICS (android 4.0) so if you ever upgrade to to ics it will similar.. although if its just blue your not keen on there are 4 other theme colours

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arnookie

Don't pay more than £199 unless you really have to. Amazon keep putting them at £199 but only a few a day so just keep refreshing the amazon page until you catch them at the £199 price. Otherwise they sell for £249 still a great phone even at that price.

Guest arnookie

Just out of curiosity...how did you find out the date of manufactuer? I also bought one from Amazon for £199 and I updated it to stock Gingerbread V20g straight away, it's been fine so far.

If you want the real manufacture date use launcher pro. It has a option for the HiddenMenu from that you can see and test all areas of the phone. You get a list of options select version info and scroll to the bottom It gives you the factory date. Mine is OCT-27-2011. The website someone listed for the factory version is giving incorrect dates.

Edited by arnookie

Guest stonebear

Works with ADW Launcher too.

Long press on home screen

Select Custom Shortcuts

Select Activities

Scroll down to and expand com.lge.hiddenmenu

Select HiddenMenu

I paid £199 for mine from Amazon recently, very happy with it. Using Temaseks Kang 7.2.

Edited by stonebear