[ROMS] Racerboy-Vamshi CyanogenMod Based LeWa ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Hi, Myself and Vamshi who`s kernel (2.6.32.9 #68) i`m using have ported this very different but very nice ROM, its based on Stable Cyanogen 7.1.0* and originally created by LeWa forum, webpage here......I`ve converted it to work on our Racer and updated it abit, all functions work and is excellent to use, market v3.4.4 is already included so NO need to install a seperate Gapps Package........

*as of "LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.17" they are based on Cyanogen 7.2.0

UPDATE: as of LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.30 their will be NO MORE roms released

Screenshots: LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.09

post-910581-0-37536500-1331487670_thumb. post-910581-0-16969200-1331487708_thumb.

post-910581-0-73436400-1331487774_thumb. post-910581-0-50910900-1328708192_thumb.

post-910581-0-18977300-1331487848_thumb. post-910581-0-32204800-1331487895_thumb.

post-910581-0-00686400-1331487962_thumb. post-910581-0-69393500-1331487988_thumb.

Newest Release: Download HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.30 (no market included) (last rom release)

Older Releases:

Download HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.09

Download: HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.02

Update fix for AlarmClock, copy the attached file to your sdcard and install through CWM after installing the ROM clock_fix_update.zip

Download: HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.24

Downlaod: HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.17v2

Download: HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.17 see changelog (post no.2) for details

Download: HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.03v2 fixed market and receiving txt

Download: HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.01.06

Download: HERE LeWa_ROM_Racer_11.12.23

See Post No.2 below for changelogs........

THEMES: UPDATED 02.03.12..... download HERE Instructions on how to install on post no.2 below.....

IF YOU WISH TO SHARE THESE ROMS ON OTHER FORUMS PLEASE DO, BUT DONT UPLOAD SOMEWHERE ELSE USE THE DOWNLOAD LINKS ABOVE....THX

NO UPLOADING THESE ROMS TO ROM MANAGER.........

Usual installation method using ClockWorkMod Recovery:

1.Copy the rom to the root of your sdcard

2.Backup your old ROM, so if anything is broken you can just rollback!!!

How to backup:

Press powerbutton and VolumeDown (leave volume down pressed). After afew seconds, recovery will open

With volume keys, go to "backup and restore". Select that option

Now select "Backup" and wait

3.Once backup complete press power button to go back to main menu

4.Select "wipe data/factory reset"

5.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

6.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

7.Return to 1st menu and goto Advanced and delete Dalvik cache

8.Return to 1st menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" - "choose zip" "LeWa_ROM_Racer_**.**.**"

9.After installing, do "reboot system now"

Note: Default Lockscreen you slide down from the top all the way to the bottom, to bring up apps menu swipe upwards on the desktop screen.......dont use the inbuild updater on the settings menu, it wont work with ported build........

Battery Stats, resetting battery stats in CWM once in a while is highly reccommended if you install alot of custom roms or have`nt done it in a long time, charge phone to 100% and then turn off phone, keep charging until LED light goes off or turns green, now boot into CWM goto advanced menu and delete battery stats, reboot phone done..........battery life WILL last longer

If you like this ROM please rate the thread by pressing the + on the bottom right hand corner of this post.....thx

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

Changelogs:

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.30

Full list of changes HERE

NOTE: after installing this rom, select a different default lockscreen other than "Le" (needs resizing)

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.09

Resized the default lockscreen to be usable (still needs work)

New Theme (see screenshots above)

Quick Pic has been added

New Market aka Play Shop v3.4.7 included

Full list of changes HERE

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.03.02

USSD codes work (either in this release or next) please verify

Package Installer now has the option to install to either sdcard or phone

added a second music app

full changelog HERE use Bing translate if needed

NOTE: Once installed and back on the desktop for the 1st time please REBOOT to let changes take place

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.24

Bluetooth activating when radio app is opened fixed

Updated SuperUser and SU

Updated Titanium Backup

Updated the Themes (see above)

Camera f/c crash fixed

All other fixes can be found HERE ...use Bing to translate if needed

NOTE: Once installed and back on the desktop for the 1st time please REBOOT to let changes take effect........CHANGE the lockscreen to something different as default is not correct size yet (on the todo list)

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.17v2

Fixed camera f/c

Resized the wallpapers to fit our device properly

Changed some default settings, Wallpaper scrolling by default, vibrate off when scrolling through desktop screens.

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.17

Updated to cm7.2.0 based rom

Lockscreen bug fixed from last release

Market included and working

Titanium Backup included this time

NO Terminal Emulator (need to fix, when i do i`ll release update.zip fix for it)

CRT On/Off Anim working to a point, seems to work after rom has settled for a while..

All other fixes and changes can be found HERE ...use Bing to translate if needed

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.02.03 Updated Version 2 !!!!

Swapper by default is now set to sdcard and not internal storage.

Apps have been updated with more English translations.

full fix and changelog which is too big to list can be found here

All works fine, removed the dam Angry Birds Lockscreen and Theme as Lockscreen not compatible with our smaller sized screen

Market is included and should work now

Receiving txt messages is now fixed

Added new bootanimation

Bug i found is you need to select a lockscreen from "settings/personal/lockscreen/style options/lockscreen style"...... change to Curtain, Ring or Lense.......

LeWa_ROM_Racer_12.01.06

Added function of Live Wallpapers

Translated some items on the Phone app (thx Vamshi)

Updated Market to V3.4.4 (no need to install seperate Gapps)

Updated Superuser and SU

LeWa_ROM_Racer_11.12.23

Added host privacy patch to rom

Corrected the kernel version in settings/about phone to reflect Vamshi`s kernel (edited the settings.apk)

Themes

OK, so the Launcher in the rom freaked out when trying to download themes from LeWa, this is because we have a host block on the phone that stops info going to "Umeng" a stats company and we dont want that dry.gif it happens everytime you try to connect to download themes.(check logcat)........... so what i did was download ALL the themes available (14) without the block and saved the files........ what i did to make them work, download the THEME FILE (download above) and extract it to your sdcard (should be a LEWA folder, if you have an existing folder already over-write it)....now create a power widget on your desktop then reboot (see 1), once rebooted and back on your desktop disable your data network and or wifi connection see below (2)

1> post-910581-0-21182000-1326053890_thumb. 2> post-910581-0-85414500-1326054101_thumb.

Now you can go and choose any of the pre-loaded themes (apply them) without it fc-ing due to being blocked, remember once you`ve applied a theme you like re-enable your data/wifi connection.........

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

afternoon mate, has the privacy angle been resolved, something about changing host file names to adfree. and another id found to do with changing the launcher, btw looks very beautiful :D

ribbit, ribbit, yeahh the frog is here:lol:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/350430-[ROM][GEN2]LEWA_Fixed_Privacy-(Android-2.3.7)[CM7-Based]

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

afternoon mate, has the privacy angle been resolved, something about changing host file names to adfree. and another id found to do with changing the launcher, btw looks very beautiful :D

ribbit, ribbit, yeahh the frog is here:lol:

http://android.modac...?/topic/350430-[ROM][GEN2]LEWA_Fixed_Privacy-(Android-2.3.7)[CM7-Based]

cheers m8, i didnt include it but i will thx again

Guest plegdroid

cheers m8, i didnt include it but i will thx again

:P will you be adding to the rom or via an update zip if possible( please) I had an inclination it was going to be lewa :D I've been following it on the blade forums, thank you for the porting, I'll be flashing tonight when the little un is more asleep:lol:

:)

edit: I've broken rule #1 if in doubt read post #1, :lol: thanks :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

:P will you be adding to the rom or via an update zip if possible( please) I had an inclination it was going to be lewa :D I've been following it on the blade forums, thank you for the porting, I'll be flashing tonight when the little un is more asleep:lol:

:)

theres an update.zip on the 1st post :)

Guest Racerboy

Big thx for your wonderful work! While i have a problem that if this rom and #257v2 can work with swap.

hi, this rom includes a swap function on the settings menu :)

my #257v2 doesnt have swap option

Guest plegdroid

so how did you guys come across this rom?

it was on a blade forum, but was locked out by the mods, luckly a privacy issue was resolved and the mods unlocked it again, have a read on the blade forums, very beautiful :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Vlatko25

A extra question here. How can i change my profile name "hc-900912" Thx a lot

Racer Boy and Vamshistunner i am big fan of your work

I will say that you guys are excellent

I adore your work and i currently install new lewa rom

257v2 with new kernal perfect

Support for your hard work like always

Guest Racerboy

Battery life isnt good, sucked 18% idling in an hour

fully charge your phone, then reboot into CWM and wipe battery stats (Advanced menu) shut down phone and charge for another hour, restart phone should be ok after that

also set CPU to Smartassv2 (settings/phone/performance/cpu settings) turn on "set on boot" aswell

Edited by Racerboy

Guest vamshistunner

Battery life isnt good, sucked 18% idling in an hour

Battery life is good for me. 2% for 45Min.

Edited by vamshistunner

Guest LordCrash

have you done what i`ve posted above ? for me nearly 4hrs I`ve used 2% on idle

it's all done, I believe that the cause may not be in the firmware, but when installed, could not really test it because the battery is discharged very quickly.

sorry for my bad english

Edited by LordCrash