MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for the ultimate ROM for your O2X? Try the latest CM7 Kang

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Now guys, I FINALLY FOUND the ROM that does it all for me and this is:... CM7...well not excatly, it's the latest Kang:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1421425

The last official CM7 (verrrry outdated now) still has the FD issues but go for the latest kang and it all just works :)

Butter smooth, roaring nicely now.

I've been soooo frustrated with this phone for the last 6 mths (going through all the lousy v20x betas, Paul's improved iterations and stocks) that I almost can't belive I can finally use the O2X as my main, stable and fabulous device !!! I will only flash again when a solid ICS will become available, and my ZTE Blade can take a good long nap now (after he loyaly served me for 1 year without a single issue)

PS: my power button starts playing tricks on me, hope it will not go south all together...

Posted · Report post

Yeah, use this or pure KANG from my sig biggrin.gif

Posted · Report post

I'm using KANG now, a few day's in and it's rather nice - Performed well during a bit of Twitter'ing while Navigation was telling us how to navigate the M40 into Stratford on Avon over the weekend. First time away from any WiFi connectivity and I was struck by how fast the battery is consumed unless you turn off Data+3G - Perhaps I only noticed it because I'm usually at home and running on WiFi and withing easy reach of some power.

Still, it's a reliable ROM and doesn't seem to have any obvious issues. I may keep updated with the releases as I'm 27 and it seems to be at 30 now!

Posted · Report post

There is still a 'battery drain bug' in every KANG, so that apps will use gryoscope all the time even in background and standby.

Solution: look at 'spare parts' under 'sensor usage', there will be the apps shown, which consume a lot of battery. Go to Settings->Apps->Development and tick 'kill app'. In future, you only have to hold the 'back' button in every app which is shown under 'sensor usage' to kill it -> no batterydrain.

Posted · Report post

I want to have a try with this ROM..

is there any specific baseband should I have before installing this?

all I need to do is to install via ClockWorkMod ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

You need CWM 5.0.2.0 and baseband 218.

OR: keep your current baseband and install getril from market to install corresponding ril.

Edited by Macheath

Posted · Report post

There is still a 'battery drain bug' in every KANG, so that apps will use gryoscope all the time even in background and standby.

Solution: look at 'spare parts' under 'sensor usage', there will be the apps shown, which consume a lot of battery. Go to Settings->Apps->Development and tick 'kill app'. In future, you only have to hold the 'back' button in every app which is shown under 'sensor usage' to kill it -> no batterydrain.

I had what I thought was this problem for the first time yesterday - maybe I've just been lucky! It happened after I installed and tried out LGcamera from the market. Unfortunately even after killing the app, uninstalling it and rebooting I still had huge battery drain but only "android system" sensor use sad.gif.

Went back to my last nandroid, and that's fixed it for now (your kang from 8th January - thanks for kanging btw!)

I can see spare parts-> usage statstics but not sensor usage? (using temaseks)

ah, it's spare parts -> battery history -> sensor usage.

Edited by stonebear

Posted · Report post

I am liking this rom now, took a while to get my head around it as I had never used CM before. I am using Vedonkas power-save kernel with it atm http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1427646

I haven't had time to fully test any of the roms I have had a look at so far (only had the phone 3 days) but Kang and Gueste's Golden Hybrid seem the best to me, also Django manouch seems good.

Posted · Report post

Glad u guys like it.

Last update today - build 38. :D

Posted · Report post

Glad u guys like it.

Last update today - build 38. :D

Yep, liking it more and more. :)

Especially with the power-save kernel, battery usage is very good.

Other roms I have tried, battery life sucks.

Posted · Report post

I had a problem taking screenshots, pressing home+power didn't work and using apps didn't work. I tried an app called "screenshot it" and the shot came out black, I saw in the settings it had an option for "alternate method", selected that and it works now.

How do others take screenshots? I bet there was some something I missed, lol.

Posted · Report post

Didn't you notice the appearing menu by holding the power button (for turning off your device?) tongue.gif

There you can take a screenshot.

Posted · Report post

Didn't you notice the appearing menu by holding the power button (for turning off your device?) tongue.gif

There you can take a screenshot.

Yea, I noticed it last night, lol. blush.gif

Posted · Report post

Whats IronKRNL like?

The battery drain thing I read somewhere that it is NOT a battery drain! It is an error in the usage statistics. Apps (like camera and gallery) attach to the sensors which run in the android system context (or something like that!) so when the app closes (cam, gallery) they show up on sensor usage as the android system is still using the sensors and those apps did not correctly unregister (or they do but CM has a bug which doesnt unregister them). Long story short, from what I read, they do not use any more battery, its just a reporting error.

Posted · Report post

I wonder why "dialler" would show up under sensor usage?

Posted · Report post

I wonder why "dialler" would show up under sensor usage?

It will use the proximity sensor to stop you pressing buttons with your ear smile.gif

Posted · Report post

It will use the proximity sensor to stop you pressing buttons with your ear smile.gif

Aha!

That makes sense. :)

Temasek and Vadonka are a great pair of wizards.

Now that FM Radio works, I have zero reasons to remain on stock based ROMS.

Fast, efficient and functional.

Thank you, CM team.

Ricardo Cerqueira, you're the man.

Edited by rjpa123