ATOMIC battery mods,bits & bobs

As the tittle says,battery mods,tweaks,etc,bring it all here to avoid Atomic main thread from becoming to cluttered.

And here is my first mod,feel free to share any mods or tweaks you have :D

post-796032-0-05506400-1325781898_thumb.

Digital-ICS.zip

Edited by Guest

Thanks but I take no credit for this,I just took batt pngs from a theme and added them to the stock ics battery mod for atomic(a little trick I learned from tillaz :D )

I wonder if there is a guide for theming anywhere ? would love to learn how to make whole themes.

Edited by Guest

Guest Wacky.ddw

Nice work - really like the look of the digital one :)

Yea me two!

How do you make battery mods? I want the circle battery like this but the other one in the atomic topic starts with blue. And it doesnt fit the green theme, i asked the same question yesterday in the atomic theme topic.

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1201255

eeaaedce045384b18522917c301ca0650898278b390f4ea182a73244bffdf86b5g.jpg

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest PedroVader

Great idea, this'll be the go to place from now on

We really need to get this forum split up like the Blade, it's getting a little hard to navigate now, I'll drop Paul a PM.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Yea me two!

How do you make battery mods? I want the circle battery like this but the other one in the atomic topic starts with blue. And it doesnt fit the green theme, i asked the same question yesterday in the atomic theme topic.

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1201255

eeaaedce045384b18522917c301ca0650898278b390f4ea182a73244bffdf86b5g.jpg

So you want the green circle mod on the green theme?

Well all you do is take all the battery & charging PNG's from the circle mod zip and drop them into the green theme before flashing it. They need to go in frameworkres.apk/res/drawable-hdpi. If I remember right that is the correct path.

Guest Wacky.ddw

So you want the green circle mod on the green theme?

Well all you do is take all the battery & charging PNG's from the circle mod zip and drop them into the green theme before flashing it. They need to go in frameworkres.apk/res/drawable-hdpi. If I remember right that is the correct path.

Euhm cant i just download a batterymod and replace the PNG's in there so you can flash them on all theme's? and how do i brows inside a .apk file since you said thet need to go in "rameworkres.apk/res/drawable-hdpi"

Euhm cant i just download a batterymod and replace the PNG's in there so you can flash them on all theme's? and how do i brows inside a .apk file since you said thet need to go in "rameworkres.apk/res/drawable-hdpi"

I used winrar as it lets you open apk too.

Guest tillaz

I wonder if there is a guide for theming anywhere ? would love to learn how to make whole themes.

i can tell you some basics...

first you want to install Gimp http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

its like photo shop but free & great for editing .png

open gimp & drag & drop the png's you want to edit

easy way to change the colour of things its to click the colours tab then select HUE-saturation, from here you can move the sliders to change the colour,.

avoid .9.png they have a complicated way of themeing.. might write a guide some time though

Guest Wacky.ddw

I used winrar as it lets you open apk too.

Ok thanks thats good to know :D But it didnt work out that wel, the circle battery was working but the whole statusbar was screwed :P I think i did something wrong... But nevermind

Guest tillaz

Thankyou Tillaz,I will see if I can come up with some awesome atomic themes.Do you mind if I use one of your themes as a template ?

its ok, also if you get a png that says hue-saturation operates only on RBG colours just click image / mode / RGB

then it will work, no need to change it back after

how do u install the mods?

Flash in recovery,but it is only for Atomic v3c.

It may work on older versions,but the mod is based on updated battery add-ons by tillaz for v3c.

Edited by Guest

its ok, also if you get a png that says hue-saturation operates only on RBG colours just click image / mode / RGB

then it will work, no need to change it back after

It would be cool if you done an idiots guide to theming.We would get an explosion of themes then :D

Guest ouffer

Flash in recovery,but it is only for v3c version of Atomic.

It may work on older versions,but the mod is based on the updated mods by tillaz for v3c

yes im on atomic 3c, so ill just boot into clockwork and then install from zip file, and then the mod is there?

or do i need to change to it in mi phone afterwards?

thanksrolleyes.gif

yes im on atomic 3c, so ill just boot into clockwork and then install from zip file, and then the mod is there?

or do i need to change to it in mi phone afterwards?

thanksrolleyes.gif

Yes just flash in recovery and reboot and it will be in status bar.

Guest tillaz

It would be cool if you done an idiots guide to theming.We would get an explosion of themes then :D

i will at some point, there's loads to explain so don't know when lol

Guest tillaz

also anyone getting into this be prepared for some seriously tedious work lol

especially when you see the framework-res.apk has 1,500 png's to edit hahah its a nightmare biggrin.gif

EDIT: if gimp had a batch HUE pluge-in it would be a breeze laugh.gif

Edited by tillaz

On gingerbread systemui.apk needs theme too right? Or is that only cm7?

Oh well I got nothing but time :lol:

Would it be easy to port a theme to skate,assuming you would only need to replace all the PNG etc and not have to individually mod every single one.

And of course would need to ask permission from the original themer and give credit that you are porting his/hers theme.

edit: just found frankish's theme guide:

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

On gingerbread systemui.apk needs theme too right? Or is that only cm7?

Oh well I got nothing but time :lol:

Would it be easy to port a theme to skate,assuming you would only need to replace all the PNG etc and not have to individually mod every single one.

And of course would need to ask permission from the original themer and give credit that you are porting his/hers theme.

edit: just found frankish's theme guide:

http://android.modac...related-things/

just open one of my themes and you will see all the apk that need themed, think there is 14 including framework

Guest vdubster

just open one of my themes and you will see all the apk that need themed, think there is 14 including framework

Thanks for the tips so far, now here's a question.

Say i want to edit a launchers appearance, would i open the apk in winrar then go to res/drawable-hdpi and edit the png files.

but how would i go about applying these changes? just re-install the launcher apk or does it have to be done through CWM?

Sorry for all the questions :)

James