S2 Bricked: How to Recover?

Guest PhoneUser911

Guest PhoneUser911

Hi All, I have spent hours trying to fix my problem on my own but unable to get anywhere despite reading many threads. I tried to root my phone and install the cyanogenmod ROM. The rooting worked but them the cyanogenmod mod failed “signature verification” and my phone bricked.

1. I have access to ODIN and it recognises my phone.
  2. S2Root.exe also works
  3. My phone also goes into recovery mode
But the Custom ROM on the SD Card is “perhaps” corrupt because it keeps failing on “signature verification”

I have downloaded another custom ROM but how do I either using ODIN or transfer the .zip over to my phone to flash using recovery.

My options for recovery are as follows:

1. Transfer another Custom ROM to my phone and then just apply it using Recover? HOW do I transfer it to my phone?
  2. Convert an existing Custom ROM into a zimage and then tar ball it? How do I do that? Can I then apply it to my phone using ODIN?
OR some other way of recovering the phone?

Any simple and easy to recover my phone which is not booting will be appreciated.

My phone is obviously recognised under device manager so do I need adb shell to transfer files to it? How I get adb shell to work? Because I keep getting "device not found" when I try to run adb shell. Does the phone have to be in a specific mode to run? I have even tried to put the phone into "download" mode and then tried to run adb shell and I get the same problem!

I have even tried to insert a Micro SD card with a ROM on it and recovery never gives me an option to read that?

Thanks

Edited by PhoneUser911

Guest Androidlover287

To transfer the file over try this: Go into your CWM go to 'mounts and usb storage' and then press 'Mount USB storage' hopefully this does mount the usb storage for you.

To transfer the file over try this: Go into your CWM go to 'mounts and usb storage' and then press 'Mount USB storage' hopefully this does mount the usb storage for you.

This. Also turn off signature verification in CWM.

• 1 month later...

My phone seems to be bricked too and I could really use some help!

Unlike the OP, my phone doesn't power on at all, is not recognised by my PC or Odin.

Is there a way to access my phone and get it working again?

Guest Androidlover287

My phone seems to be bricked too and I could really use some help!

Unlike the OP, my phone doesn't power on at all, is not recognised by my PC or Odin.

Is there a way to access my phone and get it working again?

Do you happen to have a USB jig for your Galaxy S2 at all, that will force your S2 into download mode so you could reset/flash your phone with the stock firmware and try again!.

Just google: Samsung galaxy S2 USB Jig i am sure you will find something.

Hope i helped you

P.S sorry for the late reploy as i am not very active around here anymore, i usally check in here Once every week now or maybe twice a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Phone repaired by the network FOC :) Internal components were replaced and the phone flashed.

Now it's faster than before but although still unlocked has annoying operator splash screens and minimal bloatware pre-installed.

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2017/1/22 at 3:59 PM, BillWright said:

As far as I'm concerned, I would suggest you to take a try on Samsung Data Recovery. I once lost my data on Samsung S6 and that's how I got them back. There are also posts on AndroidRecovery. You might check them out as well.

It is difficult to recover data from Android without backup, the third party tool is the only solution, among the Apps, MobiKin Doctor is a good choice.

Edited by Partel

• 1 year later...