[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Guest againx

hello,C3C0.please help me . I can't download this ROM in China... :( ....I like this ROM very much...help me by uploading it to dropbox.com.....Thank you very much.... :( :( :(

Guest C3C0

Unfortunately, they blocked my dropbox account for three days because it generated too much traffic. Google drive link doesn't work for you?

Maybe anyone else could provide a mirror.?

Guest C3C0

hello,C3C0.please help me . I can't download this ROM in China... :( ....I like this ROM very much...help me by uploading it to dropbox.com.....Thank you very much.... :( :( :(

Mirror for Option 1 (TPT): https://www.dropbox....ie_TPT_v1.1.zip

Mirror for Option 2 (CWM): https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmekksounsi6gi9/ZTESkate_CustomROM_SKatie_v1.1-cwm.zip

Edited by C3C0

Guest WiiSky70

Typical mistake people do when upgrading :)

At least I don't have to type it again.

Here is your potential solution: http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1958334

XD i done it wrong , i just picked the 2.4 without thinking that i needed the 1.1 version first xD

Also , sorry if im being an asshol*, but the Video Recording isn't at it's full quality to record , C3C0 can you please fix

that FPS Problem quality when recording videos , and also the low quality of recording.

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest C3C0

Hotfixes section added at the end of the second post. Currently contains:

1) Show alarm info from any alarming app on lockscreen

2) Media profiles update - fixes low FPS in video recording

Guest WiiSky70

Hotfixes section added at the end of the second post. Currently contains:

1) Show alarm info from any alarming app on lockscreen

2) Media profiles update - fixes low FPS in video recording

Nice C3C0 , im really happy to see that :)

Just flashed the 2 hotfixes and the Video in Camera keeps with lower quality as before

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest radiodaze

C3C0 - two things I've recently come up against with this otherwise fantastic ROM...one is well known to many..and the other I don't know how to overcome at all!

1, Mobile Voip and Viber route the audio to the loundspeaker. CSip Simple has a great workaround for this but all these other 'pro' products (Skype too) don't On some Androids they work and others they don't. I'd like to use Viber but routing the audio to the speaker is a showstopper. Is there something that can be done in a future build of Skatie?

2, I cannot find, let alone download my bank's app. It cannot be found in Google Play. So, I forced Google Play to send it to me...I can now find it in Google Play on my phone 'waiting' but I also get a message the app is not suitable for my device (or words to that effect). After some research I came to realise there is nothing wrong with my OMC but, instead the build.prop (whatever that is) is regionalised so I am not seeing content for my region. To be honest this doesn't worry me at all but I guess if I looked deeper I would not see a lot of regional based content for the UK and Ireland. Right now i might be missing a lot - I don't know, I have never seen it!

What can be done to coax my Skatie phone to recognise apps for my region? I might like to try mobile banking!!

Best

R

Guest C3C0

Hi.

1) There's no "clean" solution at the moment. One workaround is to download and install "andorko's FM radio app" which when you run it will

reroute the sound in viber and skype through the phone speaker. It is sufficient to run it just once after phone is booted and then it'll work until

next reboot. Another option is to try searching for modified Skype and Viber app that have this problem solved. I saw some on xda-developer.com some time

ago but don't know what's the situation today.

2) I think I don't understand. As far as I know the build.prop contains only info on default locale that is set at first boot (language of user interface) and I've never seen anything special about regions in it. So I don't have a clue. Can you point me to information where you've read about it? I would say that most likely your bank app is not compatible with the device (at hardware level).

EDIT:

Now I realized that it can also be caused by your internet provider. E.g. bbc player app refuses to work for me because of the region. It is intended to work in UK only. Normally these apps check your IP address you are connecting from to find out if you are located within that country. Some providers might have IP address pools which are not being registered within the country. But that's just my deduction here.

I am currently on a different rom sice I needed a change and also felt like doing something different. This one: http://www.modaco.co...72-on-steroids/ I ported from ZTE Blade. It's based on my CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM which got new update just today. Skype and Viber work OK on both of these ROMs. And maybe it would be worth trying if your bank app works on them, too.

Edited by C3C0

Guest chocoholic23

umm.. i downloaded skatie's 2.4 update and by mistake locked the screen. and foolishly i also deleted the notification telling me how to unlock the main screen. can u please help me out

Guest C3C0

Rtl is for version with right-to-left languages support (e.g. Arabic). Since you didn't know what it meant I suppose you need the non-rtl one :)

Edited by C3C0

Guest chocoholic23

and btw...:D its a great mod :D absolutely awesome. so many features, i still have to get the hang of them though. would love to know how to make a custom rom on my own someday :D:p