[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

This depends on your particular CPU :-) each phone's cpu is unique by construction. Someone can go as much high as 998mhz without loosing stability and someone cannot get more than 960. You should try yourself. Raise it and do benchmark. If it freezes that's your max freq. Average stabile overclock is probably 960 mhz

Guest MrDetonator

Do you know why VPlayer (app from Market, very useful) stopped working on my phone, it shows black screen instead of video? Possibly, others have this error?

Guest MrDetonator

I reinstalled all its components already... How to clean the cache?

I have 2 bugs,

1 - I also had this with stock ROM: sometimes the screen doesn't go off during the call of turns on during the conversation so you can occasionaly press "Cancel call" or other buttons.

2 - The phone looses the network signal. Suggently network disappears and phone shows "No network", you have to reboot it to find signal again.

Sometimes the phone enters Airplane mode but I don't know what it depends of.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest Pekube

Thanks for the rom, I tried to install it, and then upgraded it with the kitchen, as i hae fully working internet connection, i still have one problem on the Skate.

everytime i want to download something from the market, it says can't download insufient space, although the system show 240 Mb free for apps.

what am i doing wrong.

Peter

What option did you use to install rom? The first one (TPT) or the second one? If the second one. What partition layout do you use? SKatie is not compatible with layouts having 2mb cache. Also have you tried wiping cache in recovery?

Guest ukgnome

Firstly - lovin your work. Your online kitchen is all kinds of awesome, I am sure that all followers of your post agree.

Secondly, some q's / issues

1. sound whilst using the radio is very quiet - using the non stock radio and ROM 2.3. in all other apps the volume is as expected.

2. I didn't use tpt as the stock rom from orange was having none of it :( now it's all unlocked and flashed etc would there be any benefit in trying the tpt update?

1) I noticed this, too and I am not sure if I can do anything about it.

2) the one and only benefit is the automatic repartition of internal memory to layout: 255MB data, 150mb system and 35mb cache. Also Tpt is suitable if you're not skilled enough to install clockworkmod since tpt does it automatically for you. So you can flash this rom directly over stock rom without making any preinstallation steps.

Guest ukgnome

1) I noticed this, too and I am not sure if I can do anything about it.

I will reflash with stock radio to see if that makes a difference (useful for my commute) - if not I may have to resort to podcasts from my local radio station (just not that organised in an evening and work has usb locked down)

Hopefully now I have read the link2sd guide I can properly free up some space on the internal so no need to go down the tpt route.

Guest ukgnome

I have visited the kitchen and changed my preference to use the stock radio. Whilst the interface isn't pretty (one of the poorest GUI ever) the results speak for themselves.

Stock radio = loud

Non stock = quiet

Such a shame, although I don't spend much time staring at the screen as when listening to the radio the skate is usually stuffed in my pocket.

Edited by ukgnome

Guest MrDetonator

Cache cleaning didn't help with VPlayer.

I think you missed this post:

I have 2 bugs,

1 - I also had this with stock ROM: sometimes the screen doesn't go off during the call of turns on during the conversation so you can occasionaly press "Cancel call" or other buttons.

2 - The phone looses the network signal. Suggently network disappears and phone shows "No network", you have to reboot it to find signal again.

Sometimes the phone enters Airplane mode but I don't know what it depends of.

Edited by MrDetonator

1) calibrate proximity sensor

2) hard to tell since I never had such issue

Also VPlayer works for me...

May also be caused by some applications you installed... I don't have a clue.

Maybe you could try to regenerate full upgrade in the kitchen by setting current version to 1.1

Guest MrDetonator

1) calibrate proximity sensor

2) hard to tell since I never had such issue

Also VPlayer works for me...

May also be caused by some applications you installed... I don't have a clue.

Maybe you could try to regenerate full upgrade in the kitchen by setting current version to 1.1

The problem with VPlayer happens only when you set "HW decoder", it shows black screen, you can hear only sound.

Ok, if I regenerate full upgrade from 1.1, will all application be erased?

Are you streaming from internet or playing local file in VPlayer?

As far as I know only SW decoder works for streaming. HW decoder works for local playback only of supported files.

I use MXPlayer and HW decoder works OK at least for videos taken by Skate's camera.

Also tried some movies. If the movie cannot be played by hw decoder it automatically switches to SW decoder.

Have you tried with stock ROM or other custom ROM if it behaves the same way?

When you do full upgrade, your current applications and settings will not be erased.

Guest ukgnome

I have a similar issue, as sometimes the phone forgets the main provider (i'm on orange)

usually it sets itself on the T-mobile network (which isn't an issue)

I manually have to set it back to Orange

Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Network operators>

Either slect the operator you use, or click select automatically

Since I released SwedishSnow RLS7 port today it is expected that the server link will be overloaded resulting in slow download speeds.

Thanks for appreciation.

I successfully ported 2G/3G notification power widget switch from KonstaT's swedish snow.

Together with Wifi tethering switch (which was far much easier than 2G/3G switch).

netmode.jpg

Also coming up i new version: Full Dolby Audio with sound profiles.

I've done it rather differently than AtomICS. Since dolby settings are part of stock 2.3.4 Music player and I didn't like the idea

of using the stock Music player from 2.3.4 (which contains Digital Rights Management (DRM)) to replace SKatie's stock 2.3.5 (without DRM) I decided to extract and put dolby functionality under independent namespace so it doesn't collide with stock 2.3.5 Music Player. This resulted in one essential Dolby.apk that is linked into SKatie Settings and that can be used together with stock Music player (although without possibility to access dolby settings directly from player).

This means I got rid of DRM which is built into 2.3.4 Music player - so there's no need for additional DRM libraries.

Here are some new screenshots:

http://ceco.sk.eu.org/omc/skatie/screenshots/dolby/