[ROM][ZTE Skate] SKatie by Ceco - Android 2.3.5 (DOLBY MOBILE NOW AVAILABLE!!!)

Guest C3C0

Is it an issue or a feature - The wifi is turning off automatically, when the phone is locked.....this preserves battery but on the other hand it will interrupt a download process for example ...

:blink:

While in wifi settings, press menu button and choose advanced settings. There you can set the wifi sleep policy

WOW....this is great....Thanks! again

Quoted from kitchen page:

I strongly encourage you to make a backup of your current system before flashing update.

This will enable you to revert back to your previous version in case of problems.

In case you are having problems with system not booting or applications Force Closing after update I recommend:

1) Do wipe cache and advanced / wipe dalvik cache in recovery

If you are still having problems I recommend:

2) Doing full upgrade by generating update zip with current version set to 1.1

I recommend wiping cache and dalvik cache after flashing any update.

Edited by C3C0

Guest akumaman

Been using this rom for days now,and i must say its very very good :),keep up the great work with updates and cheers mate ;)

Edited by akumaman

Guest omegavesko

I have installed advanced task killer....

I also am unable to play avi files (havent try with other formats) ..I have BS player and MX Player....any clue ?

Definitely uninstall your task killer. Those haven't been necessary since froyo.

As for the videos, do other formats work?

Definitely uninstall your task killer. Those haven't been necessary since froyo.

As for the videos, do other formats work?

Thanks the task killer is removed....

Videos are now fine :) Thanks

Guest ocramreglih

Hello C3C0,

it is hard to believe that everything was so easy, and yet I installed SKATIE V1.1 within a few miutes,

made a backup and flashed V2.4 from the kitchen.

I congratulate you for your brilliant ideas and your hard work and I thank you very much so.

Everything seems to work fine.

I recommend to newcomers like me to do what I've done: read in the forums again and again.

As I am fluent in german, french and english I acquired a lot of info from all over the place.

It is only when I became rather sure of what I was going to do that I installed SKATIE. I must

confess that I've got a new ZTE smartfone from a discounter, so if the mod would have failed

I would not have been without a smartphone anyway.

I believe the new one is a ZTE Acqua with Androïd 4 installed. It works fine too.

Could anyone motivate you to develope an "Acquie" ROM ? lol

All the best to you and may your talent and work continue to serve and amaze the community!!

Greetings from Luxembourg.

Thanks for the nice feedback ;)

It's hard to develop for device I don't physically have so for now answer is no...

Also check out my other successful project - mokeeos v1.10 that's based on cyanogenmod - Android 2.3.7

Guest ignaciomartin

Hello,

Very good job!

I have the rom Mokees and it works great but the battery did not last long.

Does the rom skatie longer battery life?

Guest redorblacks

Yes

Thanks, seems better, but I can't install other apps from market, it keeps saying isufficient storage space, even though there's plenty.

How do I fix this issue? I've googled, but nothing seems to work.

Edited by redorblacks

Looks like you're on partition layout that has 2mb cache. You need more since this rom doesn't redirect download cache to SD. Use tpt helper or option 1) to install rom to get correct partition layout.

Guest redorblacks

Looks like you're on partition layout that has 2mb cache. You need more since this rom doesn't redirect download cache to SD. Use tpt helper or option 1) to install rom to get correct partition layout.

Thank you very much, that fixed it. I had assumed the 2B version was the latest file, not realising it used a lesser cache. So did the 2A version with 35mb cache and now works, thanks again.

Guest redorblacks

Is 3G working with the rom? Not working here but turned on in settings.

Sometimes it shows as H and sometimes G, but not 3G, and doesnt connect G or H I presume is 4G. Do I need to change something to get 3G?

Edited by redorblacks

Guest dhoomktoo1

My state's mic has completely stopped working. Wonder if there is a way to get it replaced somewhere in London ? Checked with a few vendors nearby but no luck. Appreciate your time.

I would start with flashing the stock rom to confirm it's a hardware issue.

Somebody else could help with vendors. I am from the different part of Europe :)

Guest dhoomktoo1

thanks C3C0..already tried that and issue is still there...looks like a hardware problem. one of the vendors confirmed it but he said he does not know anyone where I get a replacement done.

Guest Griffin_85

First of all, greetings to everyone on this forum.

Second, many many thanks for this awesome ROM. It is simply amazing.

Since i am new to Android in general, not to mention Custom ROM's i have tried a number of them, and this one is just perfect.

With functionality being 10000%.

I have one small problem, which is probably not down to ROM, but rather on my side.

I am using aWeather widget/app. And when i installed this ROM it was working (or at least i think i remember it did), but than after some time it just won't update the Temperature. I think it has something to do with location, but the trick is, even if i put custom location (my home town) it STILL doesn't say the temperature. It just lists it as N/A.

Now due to that, i switched to GO Weather EX, where i simply have to have a location Set, and that Widget does show the weather.

Which again points me to believe its GPS location related, altho ofc GPS works in EVERY single other app i can think off ;o

If anyone has any idea what i could do i would be grateful.

Now i do have to say that GO Weather EX is as good of a app as any, but i for some odd reason got my pick on aWeather, and getting it to work for me would be just pure win.

One more time, many thanks for this flawless ROM!! :>