stuck on acer screen.

Guest Waspinator

Guest Waspinator

Hi.

I have a Liquid E from Rogers with android 2.1. It also had malez recovery. I rebooted into recovery and tried to flash MIUI from lens_flare, but it would to get past the MIUI screen. I then tried to flash the stock rogers rom but it would to get past the acer screen. what am I doing wrong?

I wipe all before flashing the roms

Thanks.

EDIT

well I followed the guide on the ultimate liquid thread for upgrading to 2.2 using the bin provided and the these sections:

1- Upgrading your device to 2.1/2.2

4.1- How to flash a .bin file

now I have some strange interface that doesn't look like android at all, but it says in the settings that it's android 2.2 ... hmm. What is it? is this a skin made by acer or something?

Edited by Waspinator

Guest thirtytwodave

when you flashed MIUI how long did you wait. Also if you connect Acer Download Tool does it show connected

Edited by thirtytwodave

Guest thirtytwodave

what does it say under baseband? If you want some advice,This is from my experience i would flash a bin file using the Acer Download Tool found in this forum i would recommend flashing "4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A" as i found it has the best battery (my opinion) IF IT STOPS RESPONDING DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY !!! disconnect the usb cable then connect can take a little while, Once booted up then install malez recovery. When your done that put the miui zip on sd card and flash. When i installed MIUI the phone rebooted a few times then after a few minutes the phone will start up.

I really miss MIUI as i now have a SGS2 lte and its still in Alpha sad.gif

Edited by thirtytwodave

Guest Waspinator

Model Number: Liquid (I have a liquid E though)

android version: 2.2

baseband version: A1-05.01.05

kernel version: 2.6.29

build number: Acer_LiquidE_4002.14_EMEA_GEN1 (I'm not in europe though)

Guest thirtytwodave

Model Number: Liquid (I have a liquid E though)

android version: 2.2

baseband version: A1-05.01.05

kernel version: 2.6.29

build number: Acer_LiquidE_4002.14_EMEA_GEN1 (I'm not in europe though)

Thats ok that bin is stock no Rogers crap etc i would reflash MIUI and wait at least ten minutes also if it does stay stuck at the boot screen try pulling the battery boot into recovery and and clearing the dalvik cache

Guest Waspinator

Thats ok that bin is stock no Rogers crap etc i would reflash MIUI and wait at least ten minutes also if it does stay stuck at the boot screen try pulling the battery boot into recovery and and clearing the dalvik cache

ok I flashed malez recovery and retried miui. it won't let me flash without choosing no sign check in malez. is that normal? It's stuck on the acer with android screen after flashing... wiping dalvik cache didn't help

maybe I'm doing it wrong.

boot into malez using voldown+camera+power

wipe all (except ext)

install miui zip update file downloaded from here

reboot

wait 10 min...and nothing happens. stuck at acer/android boot screen

also is MIUI 2.3.5a from http://android.modac...-lens-flare-ed/ the best one?

EDIT: ok after trying wiping davlik cache a few times it booted into MIUI. I tried to reboot it and now it's stuck at the acer screen again. also half of MIUI was in chinese

tried reflashing it again and it boots into MIUI. I don't know what this:

-additional reboot is needed, just do it

means though. Do I reboot it whenever I feel like it or do I wait for it to tell me to reboot? or does it do it automatically after doing something? do I just hold the power button and select reboot? because gets it stuck at the acer screen again.

edit2

ok after trying the 3rd time it worked even reboot. The rom is still in half chinese though, even though the settings are set to enlgish. any chance of getting everything into english?

also how am I using v 2.3.5a if the latest version is 2.1.13? 2.3.5a doesn't show up in rom downloader, so I can't get any language packs

edit 3

i tried phoenix MIUI rom instead, and the translation is better. Problem now is that it says I cannot install anything from market because it says that "There is insufficient space on the device". tried clearing cache but did not help

Edited by Waspinator

Guest thirtytwodave

ok I flashed malez recovery and retried miui. it won't let me flash without choosing no sign check in malez. is that normal? It's stuck on the acer with android screen after flashing... wiping dalvik cache didn't help

maybe I'm doing it wrong.

boot into malez using voldown+camera+power

wipe all (except ext)

install miui zip update file downloaded from here

reboot

wait 10 min...and nothing happens. stuck at acer/android boot screen

also is MIUI 2.3.5a from http://android.modac...-lens-flare-ed/ the best one?

EDIT: ok after trying wiping davlik cache a few times it booted into MIUI. I tried to reboot it and now it's stuck at the acer screen again. also half of MIUI was in chinese

tried reflashing it again and it boots into MIUI. I don't know what this:

-additional reboot is needed, just do it

means though. Do I reboot it whenever I feel like it or do I wait for it to tell me to reboot? or does it do it automatically after doing something? do I just hold the power button and select reboot? because gets it stuck at the acer screen again.

edit2

ok after trying the 3rd time it worked even reboot. The rom is still in half chinese though, even though the settings are set to enlgish. any chance of getting everything into english?

also how am I using v 2.3.5a if the latest version is 2.1.13? 2.3.5a doesn't show up in rom downloader, so I can't get any language packs

edit 3

i tried phoenix MIUI rom instead, and the translation is better. Problem now is that it says I cannot install anything from market because it says that "There is insufficient space on the device". tried clearing cache but did not help

Ya i had that problem too did you try wiping everything in recovery its been a little while

Guest Waspinator

Ya i had that problem too did you try wiping everything in recovery its been a little while

I went into application settings and cleared all data in the market, then rebooted into malez and cleared all caches, and now it seems to be working.

Thanks