[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Burstlam has added support for OV5640 camera sensor. Since I still have no information in which devices this sensor is used, could someone who has camera issues test this kernel? matje103 could you test this and report back? Also someone with indian idea blade should test this.

It's actually the only camera sensor that is enabled in swedish stock kernel, but wasn't in custom kernel.

It's built from what's in my github atm. 200mhz & 403mhz cpu freqs enabled and support for OV5640 camera.

SS-RLS2-Kernel290112.zip

Edited by KonstaT

Guest matje103

Burstlam has added support for OV5640 camera sensor. Since I still have no information in which devices this sensor is used, could someone who has camera issues test this kernel? matje103 could you test this and report back? Also someone with indian idea blade should test this.

It's actually the only camera sensor that is enabled in swedish stock kernel, but wasn't in custom kernel.

It's built from what's in my github atm. 200mhz & 403mhz cpu freqs enabled and support for OV5640 camera.

I just have to replace this boot.img with my stock rom one and flash it? ofcourse after backing it up etc. etc.

Edited by matje103

Guest KonstaT

I just have to replace this boot.img with my stock rom one and flash it? ofcourse after backing it up etc. etc.

It's built for Swedish Snow. Backup what ever ROM you're using with clockworkmod. Flash Swedish Snow RLS2 and then flash the kernel I posted.

If camera doesn't work, could you also flash the ZTE dialer add-on and dial code *983*24474636#. Post ID and name lines under 'Camera Information'. That's your camera sensor.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest matje103

It's built for Swedish Snow. Backup what ever ROM you're using with clockworkmod. Flash Swedish Snow RLS2 and then flash the kernel I posted.

If camera doesn't work, could you also flash the ZTE dialer add-on and dial code *983*24474636#. Post ID and name lines under 'Camera Information'. That's your camera sensor.

Ok, the dial code isn't working as it says: "UNKNOWN APPLICATION" or what ever. Tomorrow i'll be flashing Swedish Snow RLS2 and post the results. Atm I should be studying, and I am failing :).

Guest Mechaniker

Hello KonstaT,

I have the same problem as Matje103 (camera and camcorder working, but image on screen upside down, 5MP cam, device bought dec. 2011 in Holland) and think I have the same phone as him.

Anyway I have the Camera information as you requested:

Camera information:

ID:0x2880

Name:MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF

Hope that helps with solving the issue.

Just another thing:

I was informed on a German Forum that I should try out the following ROM (Triple Two Project v5 (Android 2.2.2) v5 (seems to be one of your roms also):

http://www.android-h...tml#post2518663

And with that Froyo 2.2 Rom the Camera and Camcorder work as supposed and the image is shown correctly. Strange thing while this issue more users seem to have should be related to new camera hardware and why it is working with an older Rom keeps me guessing.... Maybe you as expert have a clue ;)

Many thanks for your good work! Much appreciated and keep it up!

Edited by Mechaniker

Guest alex_slx

hi guys, i'm preparing to flash and try this ROM, and ZTE dialer's always my favorite. the problem is my incapable of downloading from mediafire. can anyone do me a favor and forward the SS-RLS2-ZTE-Dialer.zip add-on file to me?

pls PM me, thanks in advance.

Guest igors_s

Hello,

First of all, thanks for awesome rom. moved to MMHMP from CM7 and never looked back.

I'm having a problem with the proximity (and light) sensor. In the utility included with Settings app, the status for both reports as 'fail', attempt to calibrate leads to a 'force close' of the ROM Settings app.

I've tried the stock kernel with same result.

I'm on the first OLED UK SanFrancisco (converted to Gen2).

Anyone having same problem?

Guest downloader50

Hello,

First of all, thanks for awesome rom. moved to MMHMP from CM7 and never looked back.

I'm having a problem with the proximity (and light) sensor. In the utility included with Settings app, the status for both reports as 'fail', attempt to calibrate leads to a 'force close' of the ROM Settings app.

You have to calibrate with nothing near the top of the screen in other words don't cover the sensor with hand

Guest urbanfrit

Hello,

I had the same problem. In market there is an app called "ZTE proximity sensor calibration".

This worked for me whereas the included utility didn't.

(OLED as well)

Great ROM though, thanks KonstaT

Edited by urbanfrit

Guest igors_s

You have to calibrate with nothing near the top of the screen in other words don't cover the sensor with hand

The app force-closes as soon as i press 'calibrate'. Sensor status always shows as failed.

I had the same problem. In market there is an app called "ZTE proximity sensor calibration".

This worked for me whereas the included utility didn't.

(OLED as well)

Thanks for the tip, but this app fails aswell. Tried on SS_rls2 with Stock kernel. I'll try with undervolted kernel again.

UPDATE: yup, undervolted kernel that comes with SS fails aswell. did full wipe and reinstall.

Edited by igors_s

Guest downloader50

The app force-closes as soon as i press 'calibrate'. Sensor status always shows as failed.

Thanks for the tip, but this app fails aswell. Tried on SS_rls2 with Stock kernel. I'll try with undervolted kernel again.

UPDATE: yup, undervolted kernel that comes with SS fails aswell. did full wipe and reinstall.

Maybe the sensor is broken

Guest matje103

Unfortunately, this kernel doesn't fix the camera problem. I just flashed it, camera is still upside down and force closes if I take a picture..

(5 minutes later..)

I now restored my stock rom (with working camera!) and executed this command line in the terminal emulator.

zcat /proc/config.gz > /sdcard/config.txt

but it says: zcat: permission denied

how do I get around this? do I need to check anything else?

EDIT: btw I tried the camera dialercode for my stock rom and it gives me this camera info:

Nmae:MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF

Edited by matje103

Guest KonstaT

Camera information:

Name:MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF

Thanks.

Unfortunately, this kernel doesn't fix the camera problem. I just flashed it, camera is still upside down and force closes if I take a picture..

(5 minutes later..)

I now restored my stock rom (with working camera!) and executed this command line in the terminal emulator.

zcat /proc/config.gz > /sdcard/config.txt
[/code] but it says: zcat: permission denied how do I get around this? do I need to check anything else? Thanks for testing. Try copying /proc/config.gz to your sdcard with some file manager or try
[code]
cp /proc/config.gz /sdcard/config.gz

in terminal.

You could also dial *983*24474636# and see the camera info. I'm sure that it's the same as Mechaniker had above.

There are few different MT9P111 camera sensor drivers included in the kernel. At least this info gives some direction.

I would still need someone with Indian Idea Blade to test the kernel in post #227 to see if those devices have OV5640 camera sensor.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest matje103

Did you type 'su' in terminal before this command?

Thanks.

Thanks for testing. Try copying /proc/config.gz to your sdcard with some file manager or try

[/font]

[font="Arial"]cp /proc/config.gz /sdcard/config.gz[/font]

[font="Arial"]

in terminal.

You could also dial *983*24474636# and see the camera info. I'm sure that it's the same as Mechaniker had above.

There are few different MT9P111 camera sensor drivers included in the kernel. At least this info gives some direction.

I would still need someone with Indian Idea Blade to test the kernel in post #227 to see if those devices have OV5640 camera sensor.

I added my camera information in my previous post already but I'll post it once more

Nmae:MT9P111-5.0Mp-AF (and Nmae is not a grammatical error.. It just says Nmae instead of Name)

And here is my config.txt too

config.txt

Edited by matje103

Guest igors_s

Maybe the sensor is broken

Works in CM7.

Proximity

X: stop Fail!

wft?

Getting same thing. What version of the blade do you have? Could it be the OLEDs have this problem?

Guest Ice-berg

Hello. I have a strange problem occurs sporadically, after installing Backup Tittanium and a few games there were no icons for these applications in the menu. Applications are installed, but it was not their icons in the menu. Restart did not help, only to install them again resulted in the appearance of their menus. I do not know why it happened.

ROM is great, powerful, fast and stable. Thanks for the software KonstaT, I had previously CM7and this ROM is much better. Thank you.

Edited by Ice-berg

Works in CM7.

Getting same thing. What version of the blade do you have? Could it be the OLEDs have this problem?

I got that, try waving your finger close to the sensor, it goes from fail to ok. I have no problems whatsoever with it.

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I got that, try waving your finger close to the sensor, it goes from fail to ok. I have no problems whatsoever with it.

i had the same problem before, but after a reboot the sensor would calibrate just fine