[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest matje103

I got that, try waving your finger close to the sensor, it goes from fail to ok. I have no problems whatsoever with it.

i had the same problem before, but after a reboot the sensor would calibrate just fine

both solutions do not work for me. Funny, in CM7.1 the light sensor didn't work and in Swedish Snow the proximity sensor doesn't work. I'm getting tired of these thing.. Nevertheless, Swedish Snow remains a great rom and my personal favorite.

Edited by matje103

Guest MidaMilunk

Automatic backlight is just over-smoothed. It takes 3-4 seconds until the light gets strong enough to see anything outside in bright sunshine after getting it out from the cars shadow. This is a common problem with all non-CM ROMs. It is OK, that I can not set all the parameters from the menu, I do not want to change this every day - it would be perfectly enough to override the default values once!

No chance?

Guest sumdumguy

I would offer the app that solved the problem when I used on MHMP - https://market.andro...2Vuc29yQ2xpYiJd

Konsta, thanks for such a great work!

that app is already built into the rom, it helps but proximty is still flaky for me, working then not working etc

with uv kernel on any rom i get proximty issues, using a non uv kernel cures it.. i think undervolting the wifi also undervolts the proximity sensor

Guest chapmans35

How are you doing it are you using UOT Kitchen?

Trying to copy new bootanimation.zip to system/media using root ES file explorer with root rw on mounted drives.

Thanks

EDIT Managed to resolve with zxboot. Thanks

Edited by chapmans35

Guest downloader50

Still can't see where I can remove a number from the blacklist option that is available in the dialler any one know? Looking on the cyanogen forums it looks like there should be an option in the call settings but it is missing even though the option is in the dialler

Edited by downloader50

Guest KonstaT

Still can't see where I can remove a number from the blacklist option that is available in the dialler any one know? Looking on the cyanogen forums it looks like there should be an option in the call settings but it is missing even though the option is in the dialler

Try clearing data for Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium Backup or from app settings.

There seems to be couple of bugs with the CM7 dialer. I'm going include AOSP dialer instead in the next release.

Guest downloader50

Try clearing data for Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium Backup or from app settings.

There seems to be couple of bugs with the CM7 dialer. I'm going include AOSP dialer instead in the next release.

cheers for the answer but it looks like the option is missing in call settings for blocked numbers

Guest KonstaT

cheers for the answer but it looks like the option is missing in call settings for blocked numbers

Well, did you even try it? If that doesn't help, you'll have to do a full wipe.

CM7 dialer has some added features that are not fully working if it is used in other ROMs. That's one of the reasons I'm replacing it in the next release.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest downloader50

Well, did you even try it? If that doesn't help, you'll have to do a full wipe.

CM7 dialer has some added features that are not fully working if it is used in other ROMs. That's one of the reasons I'm replacing it in the next release.

Yes did try it but won't know if it has cleared the blocked number untill the person trys to phone again. Thanks again for a great rom.

Guest downloader50

I fancy installing the zte dialler but am a bit confused on the order. It says full wipe required. I am running swedish snow rls2 did a full wipe and format of everything before installing so can i just install the zte dialler now.

mehtod 1

1, Wipe and format

2, Install rom

3, Install zte dialler

or method 2

1, Wipe and format

2, Install dialler

3, Install rom

Can someone confirm which is correct please?

Guest KonstaT

Updated to RLS3. Added some new killer features. :D Couple of add-ons updated, others just renamed. Only use add-ons that are in the first post or themes that were made using RLS3 files. Replaced CM7 dialer with less buggy AOSP one. Full wipe shouldn't be necessary updating from previous releases. If you have issues with contacts, try clearing data for Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium Backup or from app settings. If you have issues of any kind, do a full wipe first - 'no wipe, no whine' policy still stands.

Swedish-Snow-RLS3.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?48sk7y669ryxdh7 (mirror)

MD5:4B39804625A653C2FDBC0C5DB7CE5669

Swedish-Snow-RLS3-TPT.zip (see the first post for TPT installation instructions)

http://www.mediafire.com/?h0dguq81e0khzmn

MD5:69C8340CDB0172A241A97D8E66562934

Add-ons:

SS-RLS3-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbqep27b2smpa0d

MD5:F7EC9EAF26B5D1DC911C0BFE03B9ABA6

SS-RLS3-MVNO.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?eccqmsmvbz80an2

MD5:EECD15F86B59206A968BB0EC42391C03

RLS3 changelog:

-added volume key music controls. When screen is off and music is playing long press on volume up/down keys changes next/prev music track. (thanks to CyanogenMod)

-added statusbar brightness control. Sliding on closed statusbar changes screen brightness (thanks to daryelv)

-modified lockscreen to display next alarm time from any app

-disabled call connect vibrate

-new kernel with undervolted 200mzh & 403mhz freqs, support for OV5640 camera sensor

-replaced CM7 T9 dialer with AOSP dialer

-allowed SIP calls with special characters (thanks to kadettgte)

-ROM settings translated to czech (thanks to vlastik7)

-added arabic, czech, polish and turkish dictionaries to the keyboard

-replaced danish and hebrew dictionaries

-removed georgian dictionary from the keyboard (sorry :P)

-updated Voice Search

-updated Terminal Emulator

-added release number to About Phone

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Cyclothunder

haven't tried this rom but will do :)

does anyone experience problems with proximity sensor?

i'm using moldovan rom but wanna try this one and in moldovan after calibrating the sensor it still doens't work :(

Guest Max-Power

haven't tried this rom but will do :)

does anyone experience problems with proximity sensor?

i'm using moldovan rom but wanna try this one and in moldovan after calibrating the sensor it still doens't work :(

I just use the zte proximity calibration tool from the android market, and it seems to work ok :) (btw, just installed RLS3, all is good so far.)

Edited by Max-Power

Guest Max-Power

How is battery life compared to f+c's? Might try flashing this tonight.

RLS2 used about half my battery life each day, but I had a lot of useless apps on it, and f&c was the same usage.

Guest DarkCrono

KontaT, your kernel supports swap partition activation on darktremor?

It's not a must have, but burstlam said it is activated on some of their kernels on a chinese forum.

-----------------

Full wipe plus no battery center clock, gives me no clock.

Need to boot before install the mod?

Edited by DarkCrono

Guest KonstaT

KontaT, your kernel supports swap partition activation on darktremor?

It's not a must have, but burstlam said it is activated on some of their kernels on a chinese forum.

----------------

Full wipe plus no battery center clock, gives me no clock.

Need to boot before install the mod?

I think that the kernel supports swap. You need have swap partition on your sdcard and manually enable it in darktremor. I've never tested it, because it really isn't needed in blades with 512mb RAM.

Yeah, it gives blank statusbar if it is installed with full wipe. Just reboot your phone or plug it into your computer with USB, that'll set the statusbar back to normal.

Does the circle battery mod posted in this thread works on rls3?

Not sure which battery mod you mean. If it only replaces framework-res.apk, then it should be ok to use.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest matje103

Hi Konstat,

Have you made some progress with the new camera sensor? (not the OV5640 one). I still have problems with my proximity sensor and the dialer (and contatcs app) seems to be of lower graphic quality then the previous ones.. Could be just me, anyone else of you guys noticed that too? (I have an OLED Blade.)

BTW: I flashed Swedish Snow RLS3 with no wipe and it worked perfectly, but when I flashed the 2G toggle it kept rebooting after I entered the SIM-Unlock code. I had to reboot in recovery and wipe data/cache + dalvik cache to get it running again. I don't know if it happened to you guys too, but I suggest you do a full wipe if you install a add-on.

Edited by matje103

Guest DarkCrono

I think that the kernel supports swap. You need have swap partition on your sdcard and manually enable it in darktremor. I've never tested it, because it really isn't needed in blades with 512mb RAM.

Yeah, it gives blank statusbar if it is installed with full wipe. Just reboot your phone or plug it into your computer with USB, that'll set the statusbar back to normal.

Thanks, I'll try when I have more free time and post my results.

Not sure which battery mod you mean. If it only replaces framework-res.apk, then it should be ok to use.

I meant the one mentioned in this post - , because it perfectrly works on rls2.

Btw, I can make Ukrainian translation if it is necessary.

And my name offer for this rom is Swedish Ginger Ale :)