[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sssingletrack

Just realised, when mine reboots the top status bar goes blank with nothing on it. Untill you pull it down then the date comes up but it all goes again when you slide it back up.

I dont know if thats any help.

Guest CoccoBill

After reading about all those reboots I tried almost anything on my phone and everything seems to work just fine.

Not a single reboot.

I'm staying on rls4 and report back if anything bad happens.

Guest CoccoBill

Dumb question: when you say "try clearing data for Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium Backup" you mean Contacts 2.3 and Contacts Storage 2.3?

This is all I see in Titanium.

KonstaT, is it possible to add the TCP Optimizer used on Fish & Chips to Swedish Snow?

This mod I used to Moldovan Mile Rls i don't know and some hungarian rom...

Works ALL!!!

Only rewrite build.prop and happy:

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14

ro.ril.hsupa.category=7

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

ro.ril.hsxpa=0 – UMTS r99

ro.ril.hsxpa=1 – HSDPA

ro.ril.hsxpa=2 – HSDPA/HSUPA

ro.ril.hsdpa.category :

Cat 1 = 1.2 Mbit/s

Cat 2 = 1.2 Mbit/s

Cat 3 = 1.8 Mbit/s

Cat 4 = 1.8 Mbit/s

Cat 5 = 3.6 Mbit/s

Cat 6 = 3.6 Mbit/s

Cat 7 = 7.2 Mbit/s

Cat 8 = 7.2 Mbit/s

Cat 9 = 10.1 Mbit/s

Cat 10 = 14.0 Mbit/s

Cat 11 = 0.9 Mbit/s

Cat 12 = 1.8 Mbit/s

Cat 13 = 17.6 Mbit/s

Cat 14 = 21.1 Mbit/s

Cat 15 = 23.4 Mbit/s

Cat 16 = 27.9 Mbit/s

Cat 19 = 35.3 Mbit/s

Cat 20 = 42.2 Mbit/s

Cat 21 = 23.4 Mbit/s

Cat 22 = 27.9 Mbit/s

Cat 23 = 35.3 Mbit/s

Cat 24 = 42.2 Mbit/s

Cat 25 = 46.8 Mbit/s

Cat 26 = 55.9 Mbit/s

Cat 27 = 70.6 Mbit/s

Cat 28 = 84.4 Mbit/s

ro.ril.hsupa.category :

Cat 1 = 0.73 Mbit/s

Cat 2 = 1.46 Mbit/s

Cat 3 = 1.46 Mbit/s

Cat 4 = 2.93 Mbit/s

Cat 5 = 2.00 Mbit/s

Cat 6 = 5.76 Mbit/s

Cat 7 = 11.5 Mbit/s

Edited by xside

Guest andy9876

KonstaT

When in flight mode the lock screen appears to be incorrect. It dies not show the alarm and does nit show the phone charging and battery charge when the charger is attached

andy9876

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, is it possible to add the TCP Optimizer used on Fish & Chips to Swedish Snow?

Network buffer values are already optimized for general use.

You can increase them if you wan't to fool test apps. It will make it seem faster, but it only works when you are downloading one single big file. In normal internet browsing you download very small bits of data from various places. In this use larger buffer sizes makes it slower.

Same thing with sdcard speed improve apps etc.

<br /><br /><br />

Do you mean that RDS works??

RDS doesn't work. It also needs kernel patch to work. It's notorious for draining battery. If you are using the RDS app to re-route voip audio, you might also take this note that it might cause battery drain.

Dumb question: when you say "try clearing data for Contact.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium Backup" you mean Contacts 2.3 and Contacts Storage 2.3?

This is all I see in Titanium.

Yes.

KonstaT

When in flight mode the lock screen appears to be incorrect. It dies not show the alarm and does nit show the phone charging and battery charge when the charger is attached

andy9876

Yes, it seems that the lockscreen is also the reason for reboots in RLS4. Fixed RLS4b (with add-ons) is already in the first post. :)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest GarethC

Can't get the centre clock add on to work?? install zip from sd card....reboot but clock & battery symbol are still where they were previously....Anybody else experiencing the same or?!?! downloaded it twice now still the same....

Edited by GarethC

Guest eirlysbill1

Can't get the centre clock add on to work?? install zip from sd card....reboot but clock & battery symbol are still where they were previously....Anybody else experiencing the same or?!?! downloaded it twice now still the same....

I think KonstaT was fixing this in a hurry, and many thanks to him for doing so. I had some shut downs too. I think he switched the names around between this one and the MVNO add on. I'm trying it now, and I'll report back. But if you look at the file name in mediafire for the Centerclock one, its says MVNO, and visa versa.

Ta

Edit:

Yeah that's it. But I had it a little wrong. The two names are switched around on the first post, but they are rightly named on the files themselves. (see mediafire).

PS: @ KonstaT, will the RLS3 theme from xside (post 300, page 15) work with the new fix? I tried it with v.4 yesterday. 1st installed rom, then add on's, then this theme (took a chance) and it got stuck on green man. After numerous battery pulls finally able to boot recovery and re-installed just rom and add on's. Would this issue be caused by the thing you fixed, or my me trying an RLS3 theme with the former RLS4 rom? Thanks again, and BTW no hurry on this last question. I can live with out that theme. Cheers

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest KonstaT

I think KonstaT was fixing this in a hurry, and many thanks to him for doing so. I had some shut downs too. I think he switch the names around between this one and the MVNO add on. I'm trying it now, and I'll report back. But if you look at the file name in mediafire for the Centerclock one, its says MVNO, and visa versa.

Ta

Yeah, links got switched somehow. :P File names and MD5 sums were correct. First post fixed.

Guest KonstaT

PS: @ KonstaT, will the RLS3 theme from xside (post 300, page 15) work with the new fix? I tried it with v.4 yesterday. 1st installed rom, then add on's, then this theme (took a chance) and it got stuck on green man. After numerous battery pulls finally able to boot recovery and re-installed just rom and add on's. Would this issue be caused by the thing you fixed, or my me trying an RLS3 theme with the former RLS4 rom? Thanks again, and BTW no hurry on this last question. I can live with out that theme. Cheers

RLS3 themes didn't boot in RLS4 because some lockscreen music control ids were needed in framework-res.apk. These are now again removed in RLS4b so it should at least boot this time. You'll lose enhanced auto-brightness values and some translations that were added to RLS4 though.

I would recommend to redo themes using RLS4b files (sorry themers). I hope that there is now no reason to update any time soon. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Hi KinstaT, I came across this today http://rootzwiki.com...ge__pid__351098 its a recent apps thing that looks similar to webOS cards which I think is really cool. I think it was originally a mod for CM9, do you reckon it could be ported here? it 'd be a pretty cool additional feature because the standard android recent apps list (pre ICS) is a bit rubbish

Edited by fp30

Guest downloader50

Is anybody able to make an ICS theme for RLS4b or is it safe to flash the theme created for RLS3?

Thanks

No it is not safe to flash any themes for rls 1,2 or 3 to use on rls 4b