[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

There is no bootanimation.zip in /system/media because there isn't bootanimation to begin with. It's the right place to copy one though. You have to use advanced file manager (e.g. root explorer) that can mount /system writable to copy it there. You can also copy it into ROM zip before flashing. Or use terminal:

su

sysrw

cp /sdcard/yourbootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip

sysro

Thank you for reply. I tried that, but I was unsuccessful. Are you sure those commands with terminal emulator? I could not copy bootanimation in to the destination... The old animation stayed..

Guest MidaMilunk

About the Contacts, and ContactsProvider from CM7/T9, or SwedishSnow RLS1... are these issues different of the ones CM7 dialer has with CM7 as well?Anyway, I can change these vice versa, so I think I will give a try, thanks!Other story: Today I have used the phone for car navigation. It was on the charger, started from some 65-70%, I do not remember. After almost exactly 40 minutes, the phone has been rebooted on the quick way, no green droid, just te boot animation. This happened with 710Mhz max, so I guess all would blame this.. but 2-3 minutes after the reboot I restarted the navigation, and there was a identical "small crash" after the same period of time! On the 3rd I did not wait for 40 minutes, turned off the screen at 35 minutes, waited for 35-40 minutes, while the battery got te full charge, and 55 minutes before arriving home turned on the screen again, and the navigation was able to run until I got home which took 55 minutes indeed.Originally I thought that the second reboot happened with 600Mhz maximum, since noFrills does not restore the extra values after a crash, but this was not a real crash, linux did not restarted, just the Android fw. I am going to test it with 600Mhz maximum, but I am really interested if anyone experienced any similar! Earlier I have used SetCPU with a charging profile of 600Mhz maximum CPU speed - since I experienced the CPU temperature measurement really unreliable!

There is no bootanimation.zip in /system/media because there isn't bootanimation to begin with. It's the right place to copy one though. You have to use advanced file manager (e.g. root explorer) that can mount /system writable to copy it there. You can also copy it into ROM zip before flashing. Or use terminal:

su

sysrw

cp /sdcard/yourbootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip

sysro

I tried the root explorer as well. It was able to find bootanimation in /system/media, even you told there isn't one in there. However, it was also unable to to copy new in to the destination. Whats next?

Guest youngsta2010

@beigo

Did you read my post? If there was one in there it was one you put there or flashed, theme maybe? Anyway you need to make sure /system/ is writeable in your root explorer. Then just delete the one that is in there and copy over new one.

I tried the root explorer as well. It was able to find bootanimation in /system/media, even you told there isn't one in there. However, it was also unable to to copy new in to the destination. Whats next?

If you have /system/media/bootanimation.zip, one of your attempts to copy it there has been a success (I recon it was the terminal one). Try it with a bootanimation that is known to work. If that works, you know it's got something to do with your own file. If that's the case, be sure not to compress the animation when packing into a .zip file.

Guest MidaMilunk

I have created a zip from the ZTE dialer, changed the three apk's inside with the fresh CM7 ones, from a KANG.So far so good... it works, I have fast T9 again! It is true, that I do not know how to force the T9 engine to rehash... after adding an entry to the list, it can not be found using T9. It is there, the normal search find it, but not the T9... It works the same way in CM7.

Hi folk's,

I have a minor problem with this ROM (maybe all 2.3 ROMs), in that the Balance Notification window that pops up after a call or SMS using giffgaff no longer makes a sound. It used to with my old 2.2 ROM, but now it's silent.

I know this is pretty minor, I'm just curious. Is there a setting somewhere to enable the sound?

Other than that it's a great ROM. Thanks again to Konsta :)

Guest Davidoff59

did you try settings/ sound settings/ notification ringtone. Works fine for me.

Edit sorry you mean that pop up which says, woohoo that call was free. Im not sure sorry. I dont pass much notice of it or whether it makes a sound even. Just that used to it popping up.

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest termagazis

hello.i have one question:which is the max frequency it can work without freezes and rebooting?for me it freezes and reboot often at 748Mhz and more!is there a solution?thanks!

Guest squee666

hello.i have one question:which is the max frequency it can work without freezes and rebooting?for me it freezes and reboot often at 748Mhz and more!is there a solution?thanks!

each blade supports a different max frequency it can depend on roms and the handset itself.

Oh and i tried this rom with a modified build prop using lines from FishnChips using the hw patch and tcp buffer patch.

rom runs quite a bit smoother and i have improved signal in area where i usually get none at all

I think it is that bug that causes battery drain in 0.6 version that works in this case in your favour. After you use the app it sort of leaves audio open. You can see this when you press volume keys in home screen. Normally they should control ringer volume but now they control media volume instead. You can also hear little click from the speaker when you turn off your phone or kill andorko's 0.6 (still, you shouldn't use task killers ;)). It sort of reminds of the time when CM7 had battery drain issues related to libaudio.so audio routing.

If you use it to re-route voip audio, take in consideration that it might also cause battery drain.

This is something that ZTE has broken and I hope they'll fix it. I can never fix it like it is fixed in CM7 because I don't have source code for this ROM.

I noticed the "media volume" issue...but I just kill andorko's radio by holding the Back button, and "Ringer volume" is back, when pressing volume keys. I also noticed the "click", which is also present when opening andorko's radio. However, even after the app has been "killed", audio routing is "fixed", until the next reboot...and I didn't notice any significant increase in battery drain - my battery won't last over a day anyway, as I'm a pretty heavy user. :)

Anyway, I'm at peace with Blade being a low end device, with certain limitations. When I bought the thing, not only was audio routing broken, but it couldn't hold WiFi on while in deep sleep (making VoIP and instant messaging virtually impossible), it was taking HVGA videos, and even a decent Froyo was something to wish for, not to mention almost perfect Gingerbread, like this one... Now that all that is history, I can live with a little shorter battery life, as still in 2012 those Wildfire people are jealous of my old rusty Blade... ;)

Keep up the good work, and thanks again!

Guest Cyclothunder

I noticed the "media volume" issue...but I just kill andorko's radio by holding the Back button, and "Ringer volume" is back, when pressing volume keys. I also noticed the "click", which is also present when opening andorko's radio. However, even after the app has been "killed", audio routing is "fixed", until the next reboot...and I didn't notice any significant increase in battery drain - my battery won't last over a day anyway, as I'm a pretty heavy user. :)

Anyway, I'm at peace with Blade being a low end device, with certain limitations. When I bought the thing, not only was audio routing broken, but it couldn't hold WiFi on while in deep sleep (making VoIP and instant messaging virtually impossible), it was taking HVGA videos, and even a decent Froyo was something to wish for, not to mention almost perfect Gingerbread, like this one... Now that all that is history, I can live with a little shorter battery life, as still in 2012 those Wildfire people are jealous of my old rusty Blade... ;)

Keep up the good work, and thanks again!

how did you manage to keep wifi on while in deep sleep?

Guest Cyclothunder

Parameters > Wireless & Networks > WiFi settings > (click on menu button) > advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never

Thanks for your reply but my problem with wifi is with policy set to never, in deep sleep my wifi turns off anyway.

Guest MidaMilunk

Thanks for your reply but my problem with wifi is with policy set to never, in deep sleep my wifi turns off anyway.

Exactly the same happens to all ROMSs. This is some hardware feature/limitation of the Blade as far as I know. You can keep the phone awake to use WiFi all the time, but I guess it is going to eat you battery power soon.

If you have /system/media/bootanimation.zip, one of your attempts to copy it there has been a success (I recon it was the terminal one). Try it with a bootanimation that is known to work. If that works, you know it's got something to do with your own file. If that's the case, be sure not to compress the animation when packing into a .zip file.

I installed Root Explorer and now I can copy and move any files without any problem. I still can't change bootanimation. I have used animation that I'm sure working.

I think /system/media is not the place where i should put animation. This ROM has also file system/bin bootainimation (without zip end) but I cant find there bootanimation.zip-file.

Edit: OK, I found the location. bootanimation.zip is in data/local

Edited by beigo

Guest KonstaT

However, even after the app has been "killed", audio routing is "fixed", until the next reboot...and I didn't notice any significant increase in battery drain - my battery won't last over a day anyway, as I'm a pretty heavy user. :)

Great, good to know. Then there really isn't any downsides using the workaround. :)

I installed Root Explorer and now I can copy and move any files without any problem. I still can't change bootanimation. I have used animation that I'm sure working.

I think /system/media is not the place where i should put animation. This ROM has also file system/bin bootainimation (without zip end) but I cant find there bootanimation.zip-file.

Edit: OK, I found the location. bootanimation.zip is in data/local

No, /system/media/bootanimation.zip is the right place. /system/bin/bootanimation is the binary that's responsible for playing the thing. Bootanimation can be also played from /data/local/ but there really is no reason to waste space on data partition. But hey, at least you got it working...

hi mate i have an issue with rls3 and contacts i can't change ring call on any contacts , any help here?

Update to RLS4b. It has different dialer/contacts app. Can't remember how it's done with the AOSP contacts in RLS3.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Max-Power

Just installed SS4b, all good so far! As before, many thanks KonstaT!

One minor thing to request, not sure if this is a general Gingerbread/Android thing, but on the time settings, when you ask it to provide operator settings, the region is disabled. Is this deliberate, as it can never get the right region for me (i'm on UK GiffGaff).

My tablo 7" tablet has this always enabled to change while the time is pulled from the operator, so was wondering if it was deliberate to be disabled on the Blade.

Edited by Max-Power