[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for this great ROM !

I use RLS4b and encounter a small issue with contacts export on SD card. I got the same bug with MHMP RLS9 as well. I have 89 contacts that i try to export to SD card and it crashes during the export everytime saying the android.process.acore process as failed. Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Which dialer are you using? I just exported my contacts to sdcard without issues using the CM7 dialer. Do you use any uncommon characters in our contacts?

Which dialer are you using? I just exported my contacts to sdcard without issues using the CM7 dialer. Do you use any uncommon characters in our contacts?

I use the dialer included in RLS4b so i suppose CM7 dialer. I'm french so i used accents but nothing else. Anyway the resulted vcf file is encoded in UTF-8.

Guest minifig

I had Blue Ginger installed for a few months, and tried this one out to see if everybody here is right.

And they are: this ROM is truly great. The speed is really nice, even with standard settings (i.e. no overclocking).

I do have a question: I was planning to install the Softkeys. Is it possible to deactivate them after installing?

Sometimes when too much icons appears on the status bar I see graphical glitches because there isn't enough free space left to display them next to the softkeys. I wouldn't call it a bug because I'vo no idea where would I place the softkeys to avoid this.

Guest KonstaT

I had Blue Ginger installed for a few months, and tried this one out to see if everybody here is right.

And they are: this ROM is truly great. The speed is really nice, even with standard settings (i.e. no overclocking).

I do have a question: I was planning to install the Softkeys. Is it possible to deactivate them after installing?

Yes, by reflashing the ROM zip (no need to wipe). No, if you mean that is there a switch.

Sometimes when too much icons appears on the status bar I see graphical glitches because there isn't enough free space left to display them next to the softkeys. I wouldn't call it a bug because I'vo no idea where would I place the softkeys to avoid this.

Yeah, not much I can do about that. Android should still know how to diminish the notification icons that are on the left side if notification bar is running out of space. I could make the softkeys a tiny bit smaller and they would be still usable, but that wouldn't make any real difference.

Actually I would prefer if the buttons were on the left side. This has turned out to be trickier than adding the buttons to begin with. :P There is no problem putting the buttons on left, but then they are overlapped by notifications icons that also appear on the left (and notifications ticker and date when you pull down notification area, but these don't really bother me). To do it properly they should be placed on the left side sort of outside the actual statusbar and this has turned out to be quite difficult for me.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Considered adding the GPU and AXI OC patches from wbaw's new kernel?

Yes, I'm actually testing a kernel with GPU and AXI overclock patches included (it's from what is in my git at the moment). I don't really play any any games so can't say that I have noticed any difference. Doesn't seem to cause any issues though.

There seems to be some wifi issues related to the new kernel/new wifi driver, so I'm still using the older source. I'd like to include the new kernel in RLS5 (if there is going to be one ;)), but it probably takes some time untill that is sorted out. Also I still get consistently 100-150 points higher scores in AnTuTu with the old kernel than the new one. I'm not emphasizing bench scores but that seems signifficant.

Edited by KonstaT

Yes, I'm actually testing a kernel with GPU and AXI overclock patches included (it's from what is in my git at the moment). I don't really play any any games so can't say that I have noticed any difference. Dosn't seem to cause any issues though.

There seems to be some wifi issues related to the new kernel/new wifi driver, so I'm still using the older source. I'd like to include the new kernel in RLS5 (if there is going to be one ;)), but it probably takes some time untill that is sorted out.

I tested wbaw's kernel and there's a pretty big increase in game performance..Cant wait for you to incorporate the new source as well as the OC patches in RLS5(if there is going to be one :P) SInce you've seen the sources of his patch can you tell me how exactly does it work..?As in to what extent is it overclocked and stuff..?

Yes, I'm actually testing a kernel with GPU and AXI overclock patches included (it's from what is in my git at the moment). I don't really play any any games so can't say that I have noticed any difference. Doesn't seem to cause any issues though.

There seems to be some wifi issues related to the new kernel/new wifi driver, so I'm still using the older source. I'd like to include the new kernel in RLS5 (if there is going to be one ;)), but it probably takes some time untill that is sorted out. Also I still get consistently 100-150 points higher scores in AnTuTu with the old kernel than the new one. I'm not emphasizing bench scores but that seems signifficant.

By new kernel you mean the latest released by Burstlam?

I flashed it and it works flawsly on my phone... it's amazing how "the same phone" has so many behaviors around the world.

Maybe mine works because my camera is screwed up biggrin.gif

The only glitch I find using your ROM is that i can't seem to make "Android Lost" working.

All the rest works great so I keep it smile.gif

Guest KonstaT

I tested wbaw's kernel and there's a pretty big increase in game performance..Cant wait for you to incorporate the new source as well as the OC patches in RLS5(if there is going to be one :P) SInce you've seen the sources of his patch can you tell me how exactly does it work..?As in to what extent is it overclocked and stuff..?

Before GPU speed and AXI speed were static values. Now they increase as CPU speed increases. AXI speed is now half of CPU speed (and GPU speed is same as AXI speed). In some conditions the speed is almost doubled (100% overclock :o).

Guest KonstaT

By new kernel you mean the latest released by Burstlam?

I flashed it and it works flawsly on my phone... it's amazing how "the same phone" has so many behaviors around the world.

Maybe mine works because my camera is screwed up biggrin.gif

I mean new kernel source released by ZTE and a kernel based on that source (like burstlam's).

ZTE has been making these phones now at least 18 months and sold millions of them. It's a budget device and they put them together from components that are the cheapest for them.

Edited by KonstaT

Before GPU speed and AXI speed were static values. Now they increase as CPU speed increases. AXI speed is now half of CPU speed (and GPU speed is same as AXI speed). In some conditions the speed is almost doubled (100% overclock :o).

Oh thanks for explaining :)

I mean new kernel source released by ZTE and a kernel based on that source (like burstlam's).

Yes... sorry... i chose the wrong words but what I meant was that the Burstlam's release is working fine for me.

The improvement that is more noticeable to me is the touch response... it got perfect.

Guest twmnmik

hello

it's a great rom

i have one problem(the same problem i had with the blade mix 360)

after 10 days my screen started lightning for 2-3 seconds without a reason (open and close for 2-3 seconds)

any solution?

Guest KonstaT

Statusbar softkeys v2

This adds CM7 tablet tweak style software keys to statusbar (home, menu and back). I made the keys a tiny bit smaller in this version and they are now aligned to the left. They are only overlapped by date when you pull down the notification area, but I really don't see this as a problem. Still no long press activities on the buttons. This replaces SystemUI.apk (and framework-res.apk), so this MOD can't be used with e.g. center clock mod and it will overwrite your current theme.

post-834050-0-44438200-1330448941_thumb.

V3:

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

just for the sake of curiosity:

why we would need these softkeys, if all our Blades already have the relevant hardware keys? :blink:

Well, we don't _need_ them. Some people just prefer them instead of the squeaky Blade hardware buttons.

You don't have to install them if you don't like. ;)

Guest chaosfoevr

Statusbar softkeys v2

This adds CM7 tablet tweak style software keys to statusbar (home, menu and back). I made the keys a tiny bit smaller in this version and they are now aligned to the left. They are only overlapped by date when you pull down the notification area, but I really don't see this as a problem. Still no long press activities on the buttons. This replaces SystemUI.apk (and framework-res.apk), so this MOD can't be used with e.g. center clock mod and it will overwrite your current theme.

post-834050-0-44438200-1330448941_thumb.

SS-RLS4b-Softkeys-Left.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?201s61laa62q26x

MD5:AC25292E4346AB0CDCA8795661CE3971

For the first version (buttons aligned to the right) see post #787.

Hi I saw this option on nenus launcher where u can hide the status bar wit a swipe.....can u do that fo this softkey??then u won't hv to worry bout the size n al,u can place it anywhere....won't that b owesome... :)

Guest StDannyDan

The only thing I'd want to change is is the battery display. I crave having an exact percentile in my statusbar. Can anyone guide me to a zip I can flash for it?

+1, that would be great :rolleyes:

p.s. just made it by the kitchen site, now the rom is ideal for me :rolleyes:

Edited by StDannyDan

Guest KonstaT

Statusbar softkeys v3 (final)

This adds CM7 tablet tweaks style software keys to statusbar (home, menu and back). Final tweaks on the graphics and layout on this version. Added long press functions on home and back keys. Long press on home key opens recent apps view and long press on back key does naughty things. :P Increased the long press on back key kills foreground app delay a bit. Buttons are overlapped by date when you pull down the notification area, but I really don't see this as a problem. This replaces SystemUI.apk (and framework-res.apk), so this MOD can't be used with e.g. center clock mod and it will overwrite your current theme. Thanks to CyanogenMod.

post-834050-0-91628300-1330511701_thumb.

SS-RLS4b-Softkeys-Left-Long.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?60fr7owuf81wz1g

MD5:0BC85C0818084B6CCA171481C9F955F3

Guest HeartMode

Hello KonstaT,

Sorry for asking but I'm still at the beginning of Android development.

Why a TPT with 2 Mb cache? I've created my own TPT with 37 and 9 are occupied with this ROM.

Is this relevant? Should we increase the cache partition to improve performance?

Thanks

Hello KonstaT,

Sorry for asking but I'm still at the beginning of Android development.

Why a TPT with 2 Mb cache? I've created my own TPT with 37 and 9 are occupied with this ROM.

Is this relevant? Should we increase the cache partition to improve performance?

Thanks

Cache is redirected to RAM so there is more space left on the NAND for system or apps.

@KonstaT: New patches arrived to the kernel to fix the WiFi b/g issue (and maybe more). If you're not in the middle of building RLS5 please take a look at it. I don't know if it's for CM7 only (yet) or is it usable with ROMs based on the latest gingerbread update.

Thanks!

Guest HeartMode

Cache is redirected to RAM so there is more space left on the NAND for system or apps.

By this order of ideas the system will be faster with less cache partition because RAM is faster then NAND?

I still want to read KonstaT's opinion on this.

By the way, i've having some problems with facebook aplication, its kind of slow...very slow in fact... i remember that with other rom i don't have this problem, at least so badly..

Does anyone have this problem? i know that the facebook app it's not very good... but it's so slow.. and sometimes i have to kill the process...

Thanks for the answer

Guest DarkCrono

By this order of ideas the system will be faster with less cache partition because RAM is faster then NAND?

I still want to read KonstaT's opinion on this.

By the way, i've having some problems with facebook aplication, its kind of slow...very slow in fact... i remember that with other rom i don't have this problem, at least so badly..

Does anyone have this problem? i know that the facebook app it's not very good... but it's so slow.. and sometimes i have to kill the process...

Thanks for the answer

Facebook's app is a crap, try FBM for facebook, the only thing it doesn't do yet is to upload the photos.