[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest termagazis

Thanks! Flashing the TPT right now.

does romxin's theme will work in rls5?and one more question:is there any performance improving because of kernel's gpu overclock?

Wau. Looks like a very nice update there! I'll wait for some time for potential bugs to be unleashed and sorted and then consider to port it to Skate again :)

It would be helpfull to have a list of files that changed since RLS4

Great job, Konsta.

Edited by C3C0

Guest youngsta2010

KonstaT never mind mate I installed link2sd without deleting 04dtapp from init.d and it seems to be working ok. Not sure I should be running both scripts at the same time, it added 11link2sd script to init.d so wondering if they might conflict? Thanks anyway; and thank you for the update looks good, I like the sound of having a dedicated camera key, something ZTE should have thought of :P

Guest bladebuddy

Good to see ya back doing what you do best . I was getting a little worried when you said rls4 was the last release. Going to try this now but I guess it will be as good as the rest of your roms. Thanks from me.

Guest StressCZ

Why writes me during installation: E:Can´t open /sdcard/Swedish-Snow-RLS5.zip, I make repartition (128mb /system, 326mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem) and downloaded about 3x every mirrors (mediafire, hotfile). Any idea please? SS RLS4 working

Edit: its going .)

Edited by StressCZ

Guest KonstaT

Anyone else got the new market? Google Play

Yeah, got it too. Everyone should get the update automatically. This happens every time, the second you release a ROM some app always gets updated. :P

Nothing major with the new Google Play Shop. Basically just the name and app icon changed. A bit bad branding from El Goog if you ask me. There's all kinds of utilities in the market, it isn't all just fun and games. There is no music or movies that you can 'play' available at least here in Finland.

There are need for new translations?

New string file?

I used some of the previous translations so it's only missing translations from those four new checkboxes. I really don't know if there will more/less items in ROM settings in the next release. Translations are of course welcome and I'll include them when ever I can. These are the new ones:

<string name="kill_app_on_longpress_back">Long press BACK key kills foreground app</string>
<string name="vol_key_cursor_control">Volume keys control cursor in text fields</string>
<string name="mvno_roaming">Allow national roaming</string>
<string name="soft_keys">Display statusbar softkeys</string>
[/code]

Edited by KonstaT

Guest lakicamm

i just installed rls5 with full factory reset (going from moldovan rls9), installed circle battery mod and call connect vibrate addons, and after 1st restart everything worked nice.

after few minutes of setting up and installing i noticed a 1 pixel green horizontal bar moving from left to the right at the top of the screen. it continued to go to the right and after like 30 minutes it went thru whole screen. i thought that after restart or shut down it would go away, but it didnt.

tried enabling and disabling soft buttons and restarting a few times, but as soon as phone boots up, the green line at the top is there.

any ideas?

you have to zoom the screenshot to see the green line at the top, especially on white background.

post-869509-0-60984800-1331109076_thumb.

Guest thewild
after few minutes of setting up and installing i noticed a 1 pixel green horizontal bar moving from left to the right at the top of the screen. it continued to go to the right and after like 30 minutes it went thru whole screen. i thought that after restart or shut down it would go away, but it didnt.

I think i's the MIUI battery bar ;)

Guest KonstaT

i just installed rls5 with full factory reset (going from moldovan rls9), installed circle battery mod and call connect vibrate addons, and after 1st restart everything worked nice.

tried enabling and disabling soft buttons and restarting a few times, but as soon as phone boots up, the green line at the top is there.

any ideas?

you have to zoom the screenshot to see the green line at the top, especially on white background.

That's the MIUI battery bar. Go to Settings -> ROM settings -> Battery bar settings -> Show battery bar.

Guest lakicamm

LOL :)))

thanks for your quick replies, i didnt notice the connection between charging and that weird line hahahahah :))

your roms and the fastest and most reliable ones, mr konstat... great appreciation for your work :)

Guest agpoli

Splendid work as always!

ROM Settings hungarian translation:

<string name="kill_app_on_longpress_back">A vissza gomb hosszan nyomva kilövi az éppen használt alkalmazást</string>

<string name="vol_key_cursor_control">Kurzor mozgatása szövegmezőkben hangerő gombokkal</string>

<string name="mvno_roaming">Nemzetközi roaming engedélyezése</string>

<string name="soft_keys">Szoftveres billentyűk az értesítési sávon</string>

Guest Xinxe

Thanks a lot for your great ROMs Konstat! I've been running rls4b for a while now, and it's working very well. Last week I changed my operator, but my new sim-card was not recognized by the phone. Fortunately flashing the MVNO patch solved the problem! However, it seems that the battery life has decreased a little after this. Could that be possible or is it just me? But still the battery life is very good compared to other ROMs!

I will soon upgrade to RLS5 as soon a I have time, here are already the Dutch translations:

<string name="kill_app_on_longpress_back">TERUG knop lang indrukken sluit app op de voorgrond</string>

<string name="vol_key_cursor_control">Cursor in tekstvelden besturen met volume knoppen</string>

<string name="mvno_roaming">Virtuele provider roaming toestaan</string>

<string name="soft_keys">Toon softkeys in de statusbalk</string>

Guest marcosinus

Is full wipe needed when I upgrade from RLS4 to RLS5?

For my own, I flashed over a wipe/cache and a wipe/Dalvik only, not a full wipe/factory Reset.

All is fine with this ROM.

Guest DarkCrono

Pt_BR

<string name="kill_app_on_longpress_back">Toque longo na tecla VOLTAR para matar aplicativos de fundo</string>

<string name="vol_key_cursor_control">Teclas de volume controlam o cursor em campos de texto</string>

<string name="mvno_roaming">Permitir roaming nacional</string>

<string name="soft_keys">Exibir softkeys na barra de status</string>Please, take a look at a bug.

When changing to Pt_BR, allt the translations remains in Pt_PT

Best Regards

Guest youngsta2010

CPU Spy doesn't show cpu speeds history, only deep sleep:

That problem has just appeared on CM7 as well in the last few KANGs.

edit: Something to do with this file, this is what cpuspy reads.

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
Edited by youngsta2010