[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest ManMetDeHamer

You can use the Toggle2G add-on that we mentionned earlier in this thread. The download link is in the first post of the Moldovan ROM.

This add-on will auto switch 2G/3G, but you can add a widget on your homescreen afterwards by installing the app "Toggle2G Plugin", which is available on the market.

I just tested this toggle 2g application, but after flashing the zip the rom reboots on simunlock. anyone know a solution for this?

Guest JTK-Power

Anyone else with this issue? Did you have this issue before with MMHMP?

It might be because of the new CM7 T9 dialer that was added to MMHMP RLS8. I don't have facebook account so I really can't test this. Seems to sync ok with g+.

Hello again,, i did not have any issue with MMHMP rls8 and 9 ,, but i can try reinstall from scratch see if its help. =) i post if it worked in a moment!

Update:! I did now a full reinstall of phone full wipe reinstalled apps etc etc. still i get same error when i try manually synk contackt. i try to edit contack and press join and in that moment i get error same as before. So i have no idea whats wrong atm =)

Edited by JTK-Power

Guest Jiri Dobry

Hi,

First: thanks for almoste perfect ROM

Can you update two way recording parch in kernel? Problem: the last skvalexes callrecorder detect current version reporting that my kernel is not patched or has an old patch

see also to http://forum.xda-dev...=1441643&page=2

patches are here http://code.google.c.../#svn%2Fpatches

Thanks

Edited by Jiri Dobry

Guest Lord_Snake

Hi KonstaT!!

I'm at so many time waiting for a ROM with this base!! And being the continuation of the Moldovian, much better!!

THANKS A LOT!!!

PS: sounds nice the proposed name of "Swedish Sundae"!!

Edited by Lord_Snake

I am using HD Caller ID from android market with this great rom but the phone don't ring.Is anybody know why?Anyone propose me something like HD Caller ID that works?

Guest DarkCrono

That's exactly the reason why full wipe is needed when you install ZTE dialer. :P

Yeah, I noticed it's missing quite a few translations. I compiled KANG yesterday and I can use contacts.apk from that or even newer if more translations are added before next release.

Yeah, but, I could just update from rls 7 to 8 both with zte dialer without wipe, but when I went to 9 I forgot the addon, so I messed everything.

If you wish I can translate it to pt_BR and maybe to pt_PT, (Brazilian Portuguese, and Portuguese Portuguese [ that is redundant]) .

I'll check strings

---------------------- Translate to pt_BR, but is perfectly understandable in Portugal.

P.S.: I don't know if you will have some trouble with special latin characters from Portuguese like á, é, ê, õ, ã, ç.

strings pt_BR.zip

Edited by DarkCrono

Thank you KonstaT for this great ROM.

Until now I didn't had any FC's nor problems with it.

A request for the next release: is it possible to include the Android keyboad binaries of 2.3.7 (LatinIME.apk) so there's support for the Netherlands (Belgium) keyboard ?

If you want, I can supply you with the apk file - would be nice to have this additional keyboard support in your ROM...

Guest retrocat

All major languages are included. Total of 30+ languages (and even more if you count in different locales). Not going to list them all. ;)

Thanks!

I checked the apks and a lot of them aren't properly zipaligned. e.g. res/drawable-hdpi/app_icon.png (BAD - 1) is the first in AccountAndSyncSettings.apk. Can you please fix this in the next release? :) (I can do it for myself btw, not complaining!)

Guest Geoff_UK

Now looking at it. I have 11%.

11% here as well - getting good battery life out of this ROM, way better than I was getting with CM7 and about the same/ever so slightly better than Fish and Chip RLS2

By good battery life I mean it will get through the whole day with moderate use and still have some life left upto bed time when I put it on charge over night. I can't understand how some folkes are quoting 2 and 3 days out of any ROM?? I think the only way I could do that would be to turn Flight Mode on !!!

Guest KonstaT

Thank you KonstaT for this great ROM.

Until now I didn't had any FC's nor problems with it.

A request for the next release: is it possible to include the Android keyboad binaries of 2.3.7 (LatinIME.apk) so there's support for the Netherlands (Belgium) keyboard ?

If you want, I can supply you with the apk file - would be nice to have this additional keyboard support in your ROM...

Added, but I don't see why because layout is exactly the same as the normal Netherlands one? I added you a dutch dictionary though. ;)

Thanks!

I checked the apks and a lot of them aren't properly zipaligned. e.g. res/drawable-hdpi/app_icon.png (BAD - 1) is the first in AccountAndSyncSettings.apk. Can you please fix this in the next release? :) (I can do it for myself btw, not complaining!)

Thought I already did. Bad script. :P

1327002452' post=1887192']

Added, but I don't see why because layout is exactly the same as the normal Netherlands one? I added you a dutch dictionary though. ;)

Thanks much appreciatedNormally the Dutch keyboard has QWERTY mapping where Belgian has AZERTY.

Edited by jatpro

You can use the Toggle2G add-on that we mentionned earlier in this thread. The download link is in the first post of the Moldovan ROM.

This add-on will auto switch 2G/3G, but you can add a widget on your homescreen afterwards by installing the app "Toggle2G Plugin", which is available on the market.

Thank you, I just tried it and it does work.

There is one last thing that bothers me: with a CM7 Kang, I had a Back soft button in my status bar so I don't have to use my physical button. Does anyone know a mod to flash or an application that can help me ? I saw one in the market but the user experience seems terrible (HUGE buttons on screens..).

Guest adonwenas

download link My link

great...!

i really need this.. cuz i wanna see the actually battery status in number..

so i didnt need another apps to see that.

actually what u changes except battery circle, notif icon n glow edge.. ?

I am living in PR China where the internet censorship is so heavy that the TPT Helper could not download anything correctly.

Maybe you can give me some tips to make it work, or share me a link where I could download using my PC, since the link on mediafire that KonstaT provides doesn't work for me.

Gen 1 is outdated and not used anymore and the upgrade to gen 2 is fast and simple with an app from market called TPT Helper.

Edited by tuxium

Guest shanky887614

I am living in PR China where the internet censorship is so heavy that the TPT Helper could not download anything correctly.

Maybe you can give me some tips to make it work, or share me a link where I could download using my PC, since the link on mediafire that KonstaT provides doesn't work for me.

go here and manually do tpt (i used version 10)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1258855

Sorry for stupid question I've lost somehow the default wallpaper (the textile droid) and I would like it back. Where could I find it in the ROM or anywhere? It is not the default wallpaper in framework-res. Thanks

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

Hey Konstat,

I'm trying to enable bootsounds for your ROM but I've hit a dead end.

Normally this is what I do.

Download bootsnd.sh (think they got it from nexus)

put it in SDcard - just in it, not in a folder.

I make my bootsound and then name it

android_audio.mp3. I put it both in /data/local and /system/media (wherever the bootanimation.zip is).

In your case I manually put a bootanim.zip in both those spots, cus I couldn't find where you had put yours, so I put the .mp3 in both spots too.

I then put the whole OS filesystem in r/w mode with root explorer.

Then >> Terminal emulator:

su

cd /sdcard

sh bootsnd.sh

reboot

BUT at sh bootsnd.sh I get this:

no such 'user root:shell'

Any ideas how we can fix this, or if you can yourself add bootsounds in the new version and just mention where you keep the .mp3 so we can manually replace it and not go through all of this on each update?

( I also got a r/w problem, but I just did what I said with root explorer and stopped getting that )

Edited by somethingsomethingdarkness