[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest wookie16081965

just downloaded antutu benchmark, tried to run it flashing on and off saying checking update -this version is up to date then says process com antutu.abenchmark has stopped unexpectedly please try again. Has anyone got any ideas why this wont run please

Guest flshg

Why does it says the swap is zero? I have 8gb sd card and if I increase swap size is there any disadvantages?

Disadvantage is that you have more sdcard wear, reducing the lifespan. I don't know whether swedish snow is configured to automatically use the swap partition or needs manual setup.

Guest AndroiDemon

What is the maximum cpu speed you are using?

I dont over clock cpu. Max speed is 604 the default one... Still this phenomenon happens...

Guest BGRT

Hi

Just upgraded from Swedish Spring and the rom is great!

The only problem Im having is with tethering via wi-fi hotspot.

It works at first then after a few minutes disconnects and disappears from my laptop available networks.

The only fix is to switch hotpot off and back on again on the phone

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Steve

Yes.. I have experienced the same. But not everyday i think. On the same it happens...whole day it troubles.....mad.gif

Use any of the Wifi tether app which uses root to generate hotspot & it will work fine...

After couple of days / reboots. I am not seeing disconnection even in the inbuilt option....biggrin.gif

Hi all. Been using this ROM for just over a day now and although it overall seems well put together with some very handy features (well done to the dev. !), for me, this issue of the wifi tethering going down when in sleep mode is a big drawback. I have tried the possible solution given above but it doesn't work, as soon as the phone goes to sleep, so does the tethering. Prior to this, I was on Ginger SF and this particular feature functioned without any problems. Any ideas ?

Guest matje103

Hi Konstat,

At the moment I'm active on the cyanogenmod bugtracker, TomG stated that 16bit transparencies cause bugs with video overlays. I don't know if 16bit transparencies are implemented in SS, but could it be the reason why my camera crashes when I take a picture?

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT, is it possible for you to release a CM 7.2 rom compatible kernel with similar optimization applied to SS kernel? The reason being I love the SS rom for the speed and excellent battery life but miss the CM customization. The CM kang build doesn't feel that fast and battery life is pity compared to SS. I feel a right kernel will get the best of both world ;)

Kernel source is at my github. To make it work with CM7 you only need to compile it for VMSPLIT_3G instead of VMSPLIT_2G. To be honest I don't see much point in this. I don't think it's the kernel's fault that CM7 is a bit more battery hungry, it's the other side of the ROM. CM7 isn't exactly known for great battery performance on any device that I know of. wbaw has compiled a kernel for CM7 (based on burstlam's) and it has almost all the same optimizations as this one and plenty more. You can find it somewhere at XDA.

Hi all. Been using this ROM for just over a day now and although it overall seems well put together with some very handy features (well done to the dev. !), for me, this issue of the wifi tethering going down when in sleep mode is a big drawback. I have tried the possible solution given above but it doesn't work, as soon as the phone goes to sleep, so does the tethering. Prior to this, I was on Ginger SF and this particular feature functioned without any problems. Any ideas ?

Have you set wifi sleep policy to never? Settings -> Wireless -> Wifi -> MENU -> Advanced -> Wifi sleep policy -> Never.

There's also different kernels with different wifi drivers in the first post. I remember testing this and couldn't reproduce it on my device.

Hi Konstat,

At the moment I'm active on the cyanogenmod bugtracker, TomG stated that 16bit transparencies cause bugs with video overlays. I don't know if 16bit transparencies are implemented in SS, but could it be the reason why my camera crashes when I take a picture?

No, I think that the camera driver is still fcked up. There's pretty slim chance ZTE will ever release the kernel source for your stock ROMs kernel, so there isn't much that can be done. And if TomG can't get it to work, probably no one else can either. It's really difficult to do anything without actually having that type of device to test if with. As long as it works fine with some third party apps I wouldn't worry too much.

Guest BGRT

Have you set wifi sleep policy to never? Settings -> Wireless -> Wifi -> MENU -> Advanced -> Wifi sleep policy -> Never.

There's also different kernels with different wifi drivers in the first post. I remember testing this and couldn't reproduce it on my device.

Thank you for coming back to me on this one. Yes the wifi sleep policy is set to never. Having had a few cold sweats installing Swedish Snow until I realised that the SD card I was using was faulty, I'm not sure I want to 'mess about' trying different kernels... yet ! (I wouldn't know were to start !).

The good news is that I have found that Barnacle does the trick for me so, for now, I'll keep using it like that as I'm quite happy with everything else so far. Thanks again for sharing your work !

Guest daniel3ub

Backup your sdcard. Boot into clockmoworkmod, select Advanced -> Partition SD Card -> select ext size (512 should be fine for most, clockworkmod formats it to EXT3) -> select 0 for swap size (unless you have chinese blade with less RAM). Restore your data to the sdcard.

If you do a clean installation of this ROM, that's it. You don't have to do anything else. Darktremor a2sd is automatically active after full wipe and all your user apps are symlinked to the sd-ext.

If you created the EXT partition after you have already installed the ROM, do 'su' and 'a2sd reinstall' in terminal. Might be best to make nandoid backup before this just in case.

So, if I understand correctly, if I am using SSRLS7 I don't need to use Link2SD, for example, but I have to make a swap partition in the SD card?

Thanks for the clarification!

Guest DarkCrono

So, if I understand correctly, if I am using SSRLS7 I don't need to use Link2SD, for example, but I have to make a swap partition in the SD card?

Thanks for the clarification!

No need to Link2SD, and just use Swap if you have a 256 MB RAM version

Guest Antonio Zru

Hello. How can I change the colour of the signal bars, and then when the mobile data are activated, the bars are white/grey and no green? I hate that green colour on the signal bars and the H/3G/G sign...

Guest bladebuddy
No, thanks. I like it white :3

I like curry, but if I am not prepared to go into the kitchen and cook some , then its no curry for me?:D

Guest KonstaT

Hi dude! i really like your Custom Rom the simplicity of it, but can you please add this feature for me

-Wifi Ad Hoc Connectivity(Like other Custom Rom) its very useful

-A Launcher

Thanks dude, hope you can update it with this features

1. Please search the thread. We've been through this many times already. I'm pretty sure it can't be done.

2. This ROM has a launcher and it's only included because of it's stock gingerbread look. If you don't like it, download a different one from the Play Shop - choice is yours. I personally prefer Launcher Pro.

RLS7 is the final release and there won't be any updates.

Note to all. Please read.

Private messages requesting help

Guest patricktan

Thanks for the reply dude, so there will be no solution about the wifi cant find and connect with ad hoc like other custom roms?

am i right?

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for the reply dude, so there will be no solution about the wifi cant find and connect with ad hoc like other custom roms?

am i right?

CM7 actually uses framework patch to add support to ad-hoc. Copying wpa_supplicant won't work. I'll also save you some time and say that none of the patched wpa_supplicants available work either (I've tried them all tongue.png). Best result I have so far is with my own patched version. It can see ad-hoc networks (and connect to normal ones) but connecting to ad-hoc still fails at retrieving ip address. I've also tried to patch the framework, but it seems I missed half of the patch at the time. wink.png I'll probably look into this sometime later.

No, there is no solution. And with other custom ROMs you mean CM7(/9?), because it doesn't work in any other custom ROM for Blade afaik.

Guest patricktan

yes dude im referring to CM7 and 9, they can detect ad hoc connection and connect to it, thats what im using on my phone now...ad hoc coonection from my pc...but i like your rom, only problem is that i cant use ad hoc connectivity:(

Guest KonstaT

yes dude im referring to CM7 and 9, they can detect ad hoc connection and connect to it, thats what im using on my phone now...ad hoc coonection from my pc...but i like your rom, only problem is that i cant use ad hoc connectivity:(

There are ways to create non-adhoc access points on pc. This works with win7 and you can do similar thing on linux with hostapd depending on your computer's wifi chipset.

Guest patricktan

really? can you link to to the procedude on how, cuz now im using ad hoc connectivity to distribute my internet to connection to my devices..

Guest archish

Kernel source is at my github. To make it work with CM7 you only need to compile it for VMSPLIT_3G instead of VMSPLIT_2G. To be honest I don't see much point in this. I don't think it's the kernel's fault that CM7 is a bit more battery hungry, it's the other side of the ROM. CM7 isn't exactly known for great battery performance on any device that I know of. wbaw has compiled a kernel for CM7 (based on burstlam's) and it has almost all the same optimizations as this one and plenty more. You can find it somewhere at XDA.

Hi KonstaT, is there any kernel only compilation guide for cm 7 on Ubuntu?