[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hi all.

Which kernel is good?

-Old source

-Stock kernel

-New moldovan stock kernel

Use the one that comes with the ROM by default.

You only need to flash these kernels if you have some hardware issues.

Guest KillerMackem

Hi,

I am trying to download RLS7 and the Mediafire link doesn't download for me after multiple times of trying and the Hotfile link says it's going to take 6 hours. Anyone got an alternative download?

Guest BadMan PimpY

Hi,

I am trying to download RLS7 and the Mediafire link doesn't download for me after multiple times of trying and the Hotfile link says it's going to take 6 hours. Anyone got an alternative download?

It works fine, I just tested it.....Downloaded 3min 04sec

Guest bladebuddy
Hi,

Are you using your phones browser as that doesn't always work with mediafire.

Guest bladebuddy
guys can anyone tell me please if this ROM is better than

Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 ?

Make a nandroid backup of you're rom , then give it a full wipe then flash this that way you can find out which you think is best without asking people, on a side note this rom follows on from Moldova and is made by the same dev that should answer your question.:D

Guest ZoomG

Make a nandroid backup of you're rom , then give it a full wipe then flash this that way you can find out which you think is best without asking people, on a side note this rom follows on from Moldova and is made by the same dev that should answer your question. :D

thx a lot, just installed it, can you please tell me if is it possible somehow to manage the screens ? cause i do not seem to find any configurations for the home screens ...

Guest ZoomG

guys in the description is written that the cache partition is 2mb, but after installing with the tpt+rom from first post link i get 42mb cache partition size, is it only me ? or is it a mistake in the first post about 2mb ?

data partition and system partition seems to be the right one :

system : 128mb

data : 326mb

cache : 42mb

Edited by ZoomG

Guest bladebuddy

Maybe a mistake you do not need cache of that size as the cache gets redirected to ram so you have wasted a lot of space there.

Best thing to do is make a nandroid backup ,download tpt helper from the market , download or make a custom tpt any size above 150mb should suffice with 2mb cache which I believe is the smallest you can have with the app. Run the tpt and then restore your nandroid and you should regain the space you lost. A bit long winded but you will not loose anything doing it this way.

With regards to screen settings download any number of launchers from Google play (launcherPro) my favorite and most of them come with all the screen settings you could wish for. As the rom only comes with stock Ginger bread launcher.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest flshg

No, its correct - the TPT partitions the phone to 2mb cache partition, but creates another cache in RAM which is set to MAX 42mb : so it only uses up memory when you actually download something from play store, after which it frees it back up. You dont need to do anything.

Guest lordofazeroth

A question:

Are the memorykiller Thresholds already tweaked or are there suggested values and a suggested app for editing them?

Guest bladebuddy
No, its correct - the TPT partitions the phone to 2mb cache partition, but creates another cache in RAM which is set to MAX 42mb : so it only uses up memory when you actually download something from play store, after which it frees it back up. You dont need to do anything.

Thanks for that as I was a little unsure myself. Always good to learn new things. So thanks again.

Guest mihairu

Hi all, very nice ROM :-)

But I have question, is possible to theme notification area? If is, is there any howto? I don't like gray and I want it black :-)

Guest lordofazeroth

A question:

Are the memorykiller Thresholds already tweaked or are there suggested values and a suggested app for editing them?

nobody? :(

Guest bladebuddy

Ginger bread already manages its own memory quiet well and I no Konsta doesn't recommended any task killers e.t.c

I personaly run the v6 super charger scripts but the difference is slightly noticeable.

Guest lordofazeroth

I didn't mean Task Killers. I know, they are no good.

I meant tweaking the values at which the tasks get killed from the stock android task killer.

Currently I am using A2SD for tweaking. I set this to Extreme Low.

Guest bladebuddy

Need someone with more knowledge then me mate as I haven't got a clue what you're on about(didn't even no you could use a2sd for tweaking memory levels) if you get your answer I would like to no how its done. Cheers.

Guest Blasphemous

Just for info, the MD5 'seems' to be incorrect for this:

Swedish-Snow-RLS7-TPT.zip

http://www.mediafire...dnpji1bfgjklee1

MD5:19DC81EDC75BA9E3A0E29EBCC5D09C64

The MD5 I got was: 4444062b83a9273a65d9d2ab6fe51ebf

I flashed it anyway. So far (first 5 minutes), it's working fine.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest KonstaT

Just for info, no it's not!

Your download was corrupt. You should never ever flash TPTs with mismatching md5 sums!

Guest Blasphemous

As it happens I incorrectly copied/checked the MD5 code. The MD5 sum IS correct.

Thank you for your work on this.

EDIT: Just wanted to add... love the way the screen closes down.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

I am using Swedish snow on my Blade. When I make regular calls using my phone i either use handsfree or regular phonespeaker to hear, but when I use Viber or Skype (or other clients that allows calls) I can't switch speech to phonespeaker. I can only use loudspeaker and this is really annoying. I always need to carry my headphones with me to speak. How can I solve this problem?

I hope I explained well...

Thank you for your responses.