[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest jozefPD

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem like wakeup12 while using Viber or Skype. I alredy tried Swedish Snow RLS7, CM 7.2 or CM 9.0., still the same result.

Can anyone help ????

Thanks

Guest hababu

Good Morning,

does this Rom (Swedish-Snow-RLS7.zip) functions with Stock Gen2-Blade? Partition already changed to 160MB System, 279MB Data, 2MB Cache, Clockworkmod 5.0.2.0 is installed.

Thanks in advance.

hababu

Done: it runs good (since 1 hour) - I missunderstood the first post: The TPT does not function on Gen2 phones.

Edited by hababu

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

I am using Swedish snow on my Blade. When I make regular calls using my phone i either use handsfree or regular phonespeaker to hear, but when I use Viber or Skype (or other clients that allows calls) I can't switch speech to phonespeaker. I can only use loudspeaker and this is really annoying. I always need to carry my headphones with me to speak. How can I solve this problem?

I hope I explained well...

Thank you for your responses.

Are we only two who experiences this? I will be glad if you could tell some instructions of commands to execute in terminal to solve this problem.

Thanks again.

Guest bladebuddy

It has been mentioned on this thread before I can remember Konsta saying there is an app on Google play you can use as a work around, I not prepared to read the whole thread to find, it but a few words in Google search would help.

Guest KonstaT

Hello,

I am using Swedish snow on my Blade. When I make regular calls using my phone i either use handsfree or regular phonespeaker to hear, but when I use Viber or Skype (or other clients that allows calls) I can't switch speech to phonespeaker. I can only use loudspeaker and this is really annoying. I always need to carry my headphones with me to speak. How can I solve this problem?

I hope I explained well...

Thank you for your responses.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem like wakeup12 while using Viber or Skype. I alredy tried Swedish Snow RLS7, CM 7.2 or CM 9.0., still the same result.

Can anyone help ????

Thanks

This is a known issue in ZTE stock (and stock based) ROMs (should work in CM7/9 though). Please search the thread/forum. Work around is to use andorko's 0.6 FM radio app. There's also hacked skype app available.

I also found a OS-level fix rather than waiting for app-fix, but I don't know how to compile and embed to my device. Do you have any idea? Link is here: http://review.cyanog...d.com/#/c/5697/

You can't compile anything for this ROM. This is based on a ZTE stock ROM. There is no source code available for any of it (except the kernel of course).

I'm on cm7.2 at the moment, but i'm suffering battery drains when using 3g networks to browse the web, check emails etc. I've tried a lot of different roms in the past, including rls4, rls6 and rls7 but never tested battery with 3g networks, i was always on 2g. Anybody got any feedback to share with rls7 and 3g, so i can save some time installing and testing myself?

For the record, with cm7.2, i loose almost 10% of my battery every 15-20mins when browsing forums with tapatalk.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT..can we expect an updated version for swedish snow (RLS7) or this release pretty much the final one?

Well, it hasn't been updated in over four months and I've already said RLS7 is the final release.

I'd rather only release ROMs that I'm currently using myself and I haven't used this in quite a while. ;)

Guest lineone

just put RLS7 to the test and i'm getting very similar battery drains to yours when using 3g. :rolleyes:

I'm on cm7.2 at the moment, but i'm suffering battery drains when using 3g networks to browse the web, check emails etc. I've tried a lot of different roms in the past, including rls4, rls6 and rls7 but never tested battery with 3g networks, i was always on 2g. Anybody got any feedback to share with rls7 and 3g, so i can save some time installing and testing myself?

For the record, with cm7.2, i loose almost 10% of my battery every 15-20mins when browsing forums with tapatalk.

Guest lineone

without a doubt, imho, the best custom rom out there for the blade.

thanks KonstaT for an amazing job. :)

Well, it hasn't been updated in over four months and I've already said RLS7 is the final release.

I'd rather only release ROMs that I'm currently using myself and I haven't used this in quite a while. ;)

Guest KonstaT

If you're mostly on a low 3G reception areas, you might want to use settings menu to set network mode instead of the notification power widget. There is a slight difference in network mode preference (2G/3G auto vs 3G preferred).

Guest mickeystar

is there a way to have music widget on lockscreen such as in cm7.2, and also the battery value(i.e. the percent) in status bar? nice rom though!

Guest sam tyler

hi is it possible to use this rom with a gen1(used mr.pigfish)phone? ive put on Swedish spring RL55 ROM(in settings it says 2.2 now,but mr.pigfish keeps saying 2.1) and that is working fine.will this ROM break my phone? sorry to ask,as iv`e just come over from the racer,i know it sounds like a newbie question,but ive only had my blade for 2 days! lol! can you let me know.thanks.

Guest dockhouse

hi, so far this is the best rom i've ever used, so thanks for it, but there is a weird problem (bug), sometimes my screen flashes randomly (turn on than off) without getting call or sms.

it's not a big problem just a bit annoying.

can somebody help fix this?

Compare two firmware:

1. [ROM] [GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

2. [ROM] Ginger SF r4 - ZTE Android 2.35 mod from wbaw

- Network mode = only 3G

- The level of the signal is good.

- Active surfing in Google Play for 10 minutes.

The result:

1. Swedish Snow RLS7 - the battery is reduced by 9%

2. Ginger SF r4 - the battery is reduced by 6%

In daily use, the difference is very noticeable :(

Guest elrond_bs

hi is it possible to use this rom with a gen1(used mr.pigfish)phone? ive put on Swedish spring RL55 ROM(in settings it says 2.2 now,but mr.pigfish keeps saying 2.1) and that is working fine.will this ROM break my phone? sorry to ask,as iv`e just come over from the racer,i know it sounds like a newbie question,but ive only had my blade for 2 days! lol! can you let me know.thanks.

Read the first page, mate. It says "This ROM is for gen2 devices only."! Never install Gen2 only ROM on Gen1 phone! But, you can convert your phone from Gen1 to Gen2 using the All-in-one TPT installation of this ROM included in the first page (read the instructions carefully!). I recommend you to do that so that you will not only convert to Gen2, but also have more space for apps and, of course, the best ROM for Blade. :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest sam tyler

id read the first post,but on the guide for putting ROMS on the G1 blade the list of ROMS that is shown also show G2 type ROMS. that's why i was asking.im using Swedish spring RLS5 now,i also tried some of the ROMS listed,but some dont even load in clock work French fries ROM etc.(it comes up as aborted)i did put up a post highlighting this but so far no reply.as ive just come over from the racer(i know,a bit late!)putting ROMS on my phone is nothing new.but i have noticed(or i cant find it) a CM7 type ROM for the G1 blade.i havent tried the TPT way of doing it as i think it may kill the phone.maybe i got spoiled with clock work. but im going through old posts on here to find G1 ROMS. BUT I guess i wont have much choice and update the phone to G2 via TPT. but i think i will have to change my recovery img as well(3.0.2.8. GEN1)

Guest jonmac73

just update to GEN2, either by dedicated image or using one of the ROM TPT's on here.

Worked fine for me and no problems, and not nearly as scary sounding as I thought it would be when I was new to all this. Then you'll have GEN2 which all recent ROM's will support.

Guest sam tyler

if i install the ROM the TPT way,will i have to install all future ROMS this way? or will the new version clockwork(in first post)allow me to install the `normal way` i.e. vol down button and power? or vol + and menu? maybe its a pain but could someone make a guide about T.PT.? if t.p.t. is the way forward,i just like to know if the first install is a one of,and not to be used all the time.

Guest wakeup12

Hello,

Today I got a warning that says I have insufficient space! Even though I increased ext on SD card! It seemed 415 MB. I set 512 MB at beginning, so it means some of them are in ext, but worked for a short time. It does not change whether I move them to SD or Internal memory.

I checked with titanium backup and I see a2sd space.

Then I typed

su

a2sd reinstall

on the terminal, but It showed an error like "no ... log found" and restarted the phone. I could not read the whole sentence.

What can be for this cause?

Thank you.

Guest KonstaT

if i install the ROM the TPT way,will i have to install all future ROMS this way? or will the new version clockwork(in first post)allow me to install the `normal way` i.e. vol down button and power? or vol + and menu? maybe its a pain but could someone make a guide about T.PT.? if t.p.t. is the way forward,i just like to know if the first install is a one of,and not to be used all the time.

Yes, you can (and should) install ROMs using clockworkmod after the gen2 update. Just get it over with, you're just wasting your time testing every crappy outdated gen1 ROM in this forum.

There's instructions how to do a TPT in the first post. Better select one with bigger system partition if your planning on testing ROMs other than this.

Original thread for gen1->gen2 update:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1258855

More TPTs:

http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts