[ROM][GEN2] Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest El Pablo

I notice on WBAW's github that he's updated the kernel to include two additional lower frequencies, 200 and 400 mhz. Would you consider including it in a future release of Swedish Snow? With the additional choice of low/undervolted frequencies, I would hope/expect to get even better battery life, although it might be marginal.

Hi, just a quick note to say I managed to put this together myself, and so far there has been a small but noticeable difference, so, while it would be nice to see in a release, it's not that big a deal.

Thanks,

Paul.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for the great mod :)

Any idea, if this mod supports android ADK, and if not, would it be possible to add the support for it?

I hadn't even heard of ADK before this. After quick googling it seems that it requires USB host mode. There are few efforts to add USB host mode support to kernel, but one method causes battery drain and another method is not open sourced.

Just flashed the ZTE Smartdialer so that's why I don't have that join feature, I suppose.

My working Swedish Spring RLS5 force closed on me several times before I found it was only a problem with some weird characters, once I cleaned my account's names by deleting those characters everything went fine. Could it be the same with Swedish Snow and this dialer?

Swedish Spring RLS5 have an AOSP Dailer + Facebook compatible Contacts and ContactsProvider addon, which is is working perfectly, any chance to make it work on Swedish Snow?

Anyway, I don't have any problem reinstalling since I just bought a second (used) Blade and I'm using it to experiment, so I will check any combination and report back, if I find any solution.

Actually the CM7 dialer is equivalent to AOSP dialer, but it just has some added features (T9, more settings, etc). Facebook sync should work and so should native SIP.

I've also built clean AOSP dialer and I'll post it later for testing purposes.

Hi, just a quick note to say I managed to put this together myself, and so far there has been a small but noticeable difference, so, while it would be nice to see in a release, it's not that big a deal.

Thanks,

Paul.

I've also tested this but haven't noticed any major difference. There is no disadvantage in having those freqs so I'll include it in the next release anyway.

Guest KonstaT

Here is dialer built from AOSP sources. I flashed it on top on CM7 dialer it seems to work ok. Though it wouldn't hurt to clear data for Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk using Titanium or from application settings.

No graphic glitches and joining contacts also works. It's missing some features of the CM7 dialer, but this seems slightly less bugged. Rather have it that way and I'm considering putting this as default to the next release.

SS-RLS2-AOSP-Dialer.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?cyabuvuc5ynyxyp

MD5:4981D396C8F438696800C10E196A2151

I would also like include the MVNO patch as default to the next release. Any thoughts on that? It works fine here in finland, since roaming is not allowed in other service providers networks. I think this is the case at least in all european countries but I'm not absolutely sure how it's handled in rest of the world. I'd hate if someone had extra roaming charges because of that.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

First, thank you for the bootsound add last patch KonstaT.

At least in Bulgaria, oe can only use services from his provider, no matter where he is, even roaming is limited to your own provider's limited services. An MVNO patch would be nice.

Guest Akash P

KonstaT,

Can you in the next update please integrate the smooth animations included in Sej's latest KANG? I think those are ics animations.. but they are really smooth especially while changing from landscape to portrait and vice-versa. And will you be looking into disabling the overscroll glow? looks bad on a white background..

Edited by Akash P

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT,

Can you in the next update please integrate the smooth animations included in Sej's latest KANG? I think those are ics animations.. but they are really smooth especially while changing from landscape to portrait and vice-versa. And will you be looking into disabling the overscroll glow? looks bad on a white background..

That would be no and no. :P

This is a gingerbread ROM and it's not pretending to be anything else. If I was to do ICS themed ROM, I would include ICS animations.

You can easily remove overscroll glow by changing two images in framework-res.apk. You can also use UOT kitchen to do that.

Guest luisfeser

good evening,

Thanks for this mod, works really good.

I miss one thing from CM7:

- In the notification power widget there is no option to the 2g/3g toggle, and the add on application you recommend i don't like. Can you add this toggle in your next release?

I find, at the moment, two bugs:

- Volume in FM radio doesn't works.

- The launcher licker sometimes, when change rotation screen (i think this isn't your fault, and don't worry me because Zeam launcher)

Thanks

Guest KonstaT

good evening,

Thanks for this mod, works really good.

I miss one thing from CM7:

- In the notification power widget there is no option to the 2g/3g toggle, and the add on application you recommend i don't like. Can you add this toggle in your next release?

I find, at the moment, two bugs:

- Volume in FM radio doesn't works.

- The launcher licker sometimes, when change rotation screen (i think this isn't your fault, and don't worry me because Zeam launcher)

Thanks

I think toggling 2G/3G directly hasn't been possible since eclair. There isn't even any regular widgets that can do that, so trying to include it in the notification power widget would be waste of time. CM7 is different because it's source based project.

FM radio's volume is set by touching the circular arrow, not by using hardware keys.

Guest luisfeser

I think toggling 2G/3G directly hasn't been possible since eclair. There isn't even any regular widgets that can do that, so trying to include it in the notification power widget would be waste of time. CM7 is different because it's source based project.

FM radio's volume is set by touching the circular arrow, not by using hardware keys.

I don't realized about circular arrow unsure.gif, thanks.

I'll search another widget or something to toggle 2g/3g

Good work KonstaT

Guest stubphen

Dear KonstaT,

It is a great and neat rom. I was so frustratedbefore since my blade's proximity sensor (seems to be an exceptional case) was not working in this rom with the new kernel even after calibration... After many times of trial, I found that flashing with the stock kernel is only solution to drive the proximity sensor properly. May I know what is the difference between the stock kernel and the new kernel? And I hope, if possible, you could keep releasing new roms with stock kernel in the future.

Many thanks!

Dear KonstaT,

As a devoted fan of MMHMP, I am willing to upgrade to this ROM...just one question: Is routing-sound-to-speaker-only in Skype, Viber etc...fixed in this ROM?

Edited by Vujke

Guest MidaMilunk

When moving apps to the SD card (normal Android menu: setting/Applications) each and every move given an error message saying that the move was not succesful. When I try it again immediately after closing the error dialog, it is succesful.

No one is facing the same? I have got az ext4 partition, if it is interesting...

When moving apps to the SD card (normal Android menu: setting/Applications) each and every move given an error message saying that the move was not succesful. When I try it again immediately after closing the error dialog, it is succesful.

No one is facing the same? I have got az ext4 partition, if it is interesting...

No ext, no cry :rolleyes:

Not wiped sdcard/.android_secure folder when you installed new rom...

Guest sumdumguy

Dear KonstaT,

It is a great and neat rom. I was so frustratedbefore since my blade's proximity sensor (seems to be an exceptional case) was not working in this rom with the new kernel even after calibration... After many times of trial, I found that flashing with the stock kernel is only solution to drive the proximity sensor properly. May I know what is the difference between the stock kernel and the new kernel? And I hope, if possible, you could keep releasing new roms with stock kernel in the future.

Many thanks!

Same here, the sensor keeps working then not working, acting as if it doesn't have enough power. Calibration doesn't help, stock kernel it's fine.

I have an old gen1-sf tpt'eed to gen 2

Edited by sumdumguy

Guest MidaMilunk

No ext, no cry :rolleyes:

Not wiped sdcard/.android_secure folder when you installed new rom...

:)

I may not, really... I have installed the ROM after TPT-ing, I forgot that it did not touch the SD so I did not do a wipe. Damn...

Köszi! ;)

I have installed some applications that need to log into some remote server. When I am using the stock ROM or Swedish Spring RLS, nothing unusual happens, i.e., the IME input window will appear automatically or when I press on the input fields.

Since 2.3 ROM (MMHMP or SS), I could not let the IME input window show up normally on these applications, even though I could press the field for a longer time and the IME selection popup window could appear, but none of the IME will make their windows visible.

The only thing I could find to solve this is to make the clipper board containing some text and paste the text onto the field by long pressing on the field, then another long pressing is needed to "select all" the pasted text, then the IME window will display normally.

I don't think this is the fault for the 2.3 ROM, since most other applications work just fine on 2.3 ROM. But I really need to find a way to make IME input window to be the topmost/visible.

This ROM is based on official Comviq/Tele2 ZTE Blade Gingerbread GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B03 Android 2.3.5 (built Fri Nov 11 01:55:47 HKT 2011). This ROM will continue where I left with Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie.

This ROM is for gen2 devices only. Wipe data/factory reset before installing. No wipe, no whine.

Swedish-Snow-RLS2.zip

http://www.mediafire...8yghvb7w6h4mk7h (mirror)

MD5:5A4BB603028AA25B9C493BB4A148319A

Hi KonstaT,

I've installed the SS RLS2, but I have a concern in "About phone" menu, the baseband version is displayed as GB_TELE2_P729VB01, not the same as GB_TELE2_P729VB03. Can you help me on that issue?

The ZTE Blade is San Francisco GEN1, but I've TPT to GEN2 by using the TPT MMHMP RLS9.

This ROM is based on official Comviq/Tele2 ZTE Blade Gingerbread GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B03 Android 2.3.5 (built Fri Nov 11 01:55:47 HKT 2011). This ROM will continue where I left with Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie.

Edited by tuxium

Does anybody know that NoFrills supports profiles or not?

Now I'm using SetCPU to gain the improvements of the undervolted kernel. My settings:

1. Main profile: CPU is set to 122 MHz to 672 MHz (it may vary for you, my Blade's max stable OC is 672)

2. If screen is off -> 122MHz to 480 MHz (as I know 480 MHz is the highes undervolted state for now)

3. If battery is below 30% -> 122MHz to 600 MHz

So, can I do this with NoFrills?

Guest KonstaT

Dear KonstaT,

Many thanks!

Impossible to tell the differences because ZTE still haven't released the source code that is used to build their stock kernels. It's possible that proximity/camera sersor issues that some people are experiencing aren't sorted before ZTE decides to follow GLP agreement and release kernel source code.

This ROM will be released with custom kernel with stock kernel as an optional add-on.

Dear KonstaT,

As a devoted fan of MMHMP, I am willing to upgrade to this ROM...just one question: Is routing-sound-to-speaker-only in Skype, Viber etc...fixed in this ROM?

Work-around for MMHMP works with this ROM too. It will be never fixed like it's fixed in CM7 because this is not source code based project. It's also possible to hack invidual apps to route audio to earpice like it's done before.

Hi KonstaT,

I've installed the SS RLS2, but I have a concern in "About phone" menu, the baseband version is displayed as GB_TELE2_P729VB01, not the same as GB_TELE2_P729VB03. Can you help me on that issue?

The ZTE Blade is San Francisco GEN1, but I've TPT to GEN2 by using the TPT MMHMP RLS9.

What problems this "issue" exactly causes you? :P

Maybe this will explain. From build.prop:

ro.build.baseband_version=GB_TELE2_P729VB01
ro.build.software_version=GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B01
ro.build.sw_internal_version=GB_TELE2_P729VV1.0.0B03
[/code]

Does anybody know that NoFrills supports profiles or not?

Now I'm using SetCPU to gain the improvements of the undervolted kernel. My settings:

1. Main profile: CPU is set to 122 MHz to 672 MHz (it may vary for you, my Blade's max stable OC is 672)

2. If screen is off -> 122MHz to 480 MHz (as I know 480 MHz is the highes undervolted state for now)

3. If battery is below 30% -> 122MHz to 600 MHz

So, can I do this with NoFrills?

No, No-Frills doesn't support profiles. You can still use SetCPU if you prefer that. SetCPU developer has asked that the app won't be included in ROMs. It's free if you download it from xda but not from the market.

IMO those profiles are pretty useless anyway. Just put on SmartAssV2 governor and that is already taken care of (except number 3).

No, No-Frills doesn't support profiles. You can still use SetCPU if you prefer that. SetCPU developer has asked that the app won't be included in ROMs. It's free if you download it from xda but not from the market.

IMO those profiles are pretty useless anyway. Just put on SmartAssV2 governor and that is already taken care of (except number 3).

I'm already using SmartassV2 but I didn't know that it won't allow the phone to reach 600 MHz when the screen is off. If it's true I can delete that profile from SetCPU.

Guest stubphen

Impossible to tell the differences because ZTE still haven't released the source code that is used to build their stock kernels. It's possible that proximity/camera sersor issues that some people are experiencing aren't sorted before ZTE decides to follow GLP agreement and release kernel source code.

This ROM will be released with custom kernel with stock kernel as an optional add-on.

I see... Anyway, thanks for your efforts. Look forward to your new roms!

Guest matje103

When/where did you buy your blade?

Can you post your stock ROMs boot.img or copy kernel config somewhere. Restore your stock ROM and in terminal:

zcat /proc/config.gz > /sdcard/config.txt

I bought my Blade in januari 2012 on bol.com (dutch amazon-like site). I'm now running CM7.1.0. with the burstlam patch which turns my camera upside down (180 degrees). I have a backup of my stock rom which is an android 2.2 froyo one in rom manager. I can put it on wetransfer or dropbox or something if you would like? I willing to restore my stock rom, but only if it's necessary. So please respond if I can be of further help.

EDIT: I added my stock rom boot.img

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41722389/boot.img

Edited by matje103