Monte Carlo Australia

Guest Badsi

Hello there,

I am new to Android phonesmellow.gif.. Purchased a Monte Carlo on ebay recently - unlocked. Love it but ----> The phone is set for UK orange which makes it useless for me being in Australia blink.gif. Most apps dont work - "its not available in your country". All free stuff that I have with my current mobile phone provider is not accessible any more(including free internet datasad.gif).. I managed to connect to the net via WI - FI using my home internet. I have looked through the forums and haven't found anythingunsure.gif.. People say that I have to "root", install some software etc. ?!?!?! If someone can guide me through the process would be much appreciated rolleyes.gif

Edited by Badsi

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hey. You'll want to start by checking out the ZTE Skate forum, as there are several helpful tutorials there and loads of people willing to help. Your phone is already unlocked so the next step is to install clockwork and root the device. Head to the forum, look for the pinned topic about installing clockwork and follow the instructions. Then either root the phone (there's another pinned topic about this) or alternatively just install a custom rom which is already rooted, such as Atomic v4. Good luck.

By the way, I'm not even 100% sure you need to do this to be able to use the phone in Aus. Don't get me wrong, it's worth doing anyway, but if you just wanna first get things working you could try simply changing the APN settings to those of your provider (as they'll likely be set to Orange UK). The option to change these is found in settings, and a Google search should provide you with the APN values you'll need for your provider.