[MOD] Phone.apk modded with larger photo and ICS icons

Guest Pedro045f

Guest Pedro045f

Ive made some modifications in Phone.apk:

- Larger contact photo: 250x250px

- Accept and reject call icons from ICS

- New background

Note:

-To improve your contact photo qualitty you need modded contacts.apk (Link below). In this case ive increased the croping size to 320x320px.

-If you are using Swedish Snow i also have a modded framework to change the aceppt and reject call tabs as you can see in the screenshot. (request it if you want it)

Instructions:

Don't forget to backup your apps first

1. Put the phone into "Flight Mode" either by holding power while the device is on and selecting Flight Mode from the submenu, or by selecting Flight Mode from the Settings menu.

2. Use a terminal, or root explorer, or any app you want to copy Phone.apk to /system/app/. Make sure the file is Phone.apk --(If you still get a FC, don't worry, just proceed to step 3.) Do the same thing with Contacts.apk

3. Reboot the phone.

Hope you enjoy it. wink.gif

Phone.apk

http://www.mediafire.com/?6xhpxle1pstx677

Contacts.apk

http://www.mediafire...edvq7332i1iqmzs

Swedish Snow RLS3 modded by me with some icons from ICS, blue status bar icons and some moddifications in lock screen. Also it includes the addon from konstat with no battery icon and center clock. To turn on the MIUI battery bar go to Setting/ROM Settings/Battery bar

Note: If status bar appear black in the first boot, just reboot and it should be right.

Swedish Snow RLS3 nlogmachine mod:

http://www.mediafire...ounkcciu08uhsrm

post-908637-0-33590200-1327517617_thumb.

post-908637-0-01192500-1327517633_thumb.

Edited by Pedro045f

It works with MMHMP rls8. Just wonder if you can make a ZTE dialer version for the optimised Contacts.apk? Nevertheless, great job, it's very nice.

Edited by lee89b

Guest JudasLucifer

This looks really great! Could you possibly outline what code changes you have made, so other people can adapt this for other ROMS? eg Cm7, where I believe the phone/contacts are very different to stock.

I could imagine that this would take a long time or you can't quite remember everything, and if that's the case, don't worry :)

Guest Pedro045f

This looks really great! Could you possibly outline what code changes you have made, so other people can adapt this for other ROMS? eg Cm7, where I believe the phone/contacts are very different to stock.

I could imagine that this would take a long time or you can't quite remember everything, and if that's the case, don't worry :)

You are right, there are some differences. Im working on CM7 dialer and ZTE dialer right now.

Here is what ive changed in stock dialer to increase the croping size to 320x320px

In "AttachImage.smali":

.line 131 and .line 132:

const/16 v21, 0x60 --> changed to const/16 v21, 0x13b

In "EditContactActivity.smali":

.method public static getPhotoPickIntent()Landroid/content/Intent;

.locals 5

.prologue

const/16 v4, 0x60 --> changed to const/16 v4, 0x13B

Note: The code may vary according to the version of contacts.apk used

If you apply these changes to any other contacts.apk please post the results!!

Edited by Pedro045f

Can someone upload the original phone and contacts apk from SwedishSnow RLS4b? I didn't made a backup of them and i want them back :P

Just download the rom again to your computer.

Open the zip file and extract phone.apk & contacts.apk from \system\app ( you can drag and drop ).

Done

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sej7278

In "AttachImage.smali":

.line 131 and .line 132:

const/16 v21, 0x60 --> changed to const/16 v21, 0x13b

In "EditContactActivity.smali":

.method public static getPhotoPickIntent()Landroid/content/Intent;

.locals 5

.prologue

const/16 v4, 0x60 --> changed to const/16 v4, 0x13B

not sure why you bother hacking the binaries, why not just edit the sourcecode? also why did you use 0x13B which is 315 not 320?

packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/EditContactActivity.java - line 131 change the 96 to 320

private static final int ICON_SIZE = 96;
packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/AttachImage.java - lines 130 and 131 change 96 to 320:
intent.putExtra("outputX", 96);

intent.putExtra("outputY", 96);

what are the implications of using the larger images, and then reverting to a rom that doesn't use these patches - do we have to resize all over again?

edit: doesn't seem to work at all with cm7.2 - i think the image picker may be bigger, but when you get a call its still a small icon

Edited by sej7278

Guest Pedro045f

not sure why you bother hacking the binaries, why not just edit the sourcecode? also why did you use 0x13B which is 315 not 320?

Sorry, i forgot to change it in the 1st post, i actually meant 315 but it doesn't make any difference in the final result anyway.

what are the implications of using the larger images, and then reverting to a rom that doesn't use these patches - do we have to resize all over again?

When you flash a new Rom you need to sync with google to have your contacts back. Every time you sync contacts with google account the photo size will be reverted to 96x96px. Thats because google wont let have contact pictures bigger than that in their servers.

edit: doesn't seem to work at all with cm7.2 - i think the image picker may be bigger, but when you get a call its still a small icon

The contacts app must be able to crop the photos with at least 250x250px size otherwise the image wont have the proper quality to use with the modded phone.apk as i said in the 1st post.

• 2 months later...