Front Camera on CM6 / CM7

Guest dr.flo

i was thinking that thx to your and others works, the possibility to port visio/video call on cm7.2 should be soon there :) this is my feeling .but i might be wrong...would it be better to try with um840 rom?

so i don't know about other videocall app that might be tested.

fring does work ok. it even has a contact to call and test the videocall.

Guest desalesouche

fring does work ok. it even has a contact to call and test the videocall.

woaw wonderfull news i am installing cm7.2 then will try fring..:) we might test together...what is your fring id? do you have one? i have none, will make one immediatly to test...

thx for your test/feed back..:)

it is working...:P thx every one..... i did the call test and the videocall test....both positive thx to dr.flo and pier11 and others for that :rolleyes:

have to test real videocall with somebody now...

edit:the videocall test wasn't very smooth...but worked...may be fring would work better with um840 rom...:) will test tomorrow ...time to sleep.bye all

edit:i did test fring with um840 rom...dr.flo cameraswitch script is necessary to use fring with front cam.....fring works far much better with cm7.2...BUT NOT SMOOTH will try with cm6.1 and cm6.2

Edited by desalesouche

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NPeete

Could you give me some clues why I don't have msm_camera1 device? I use the Styx CM6.1 rom in which this solution is supposed be working - but as I mentioned I don't have both camera devices, only the back one...

Guest dr.flo

Could you give me some clues why I don't have msm_camera1 device? I use the Styx CM6.1 rom in which this solution is supposed be working - but as I mentioned I don't have both camera devices, only the back one...

1. Do you have both cameras working when you use an official 2.1 rom?

no -> your phone is broken -> nothing can be done

yes -> continue with 2

2. Only if you can say 'yes' to 1: Do you have working front cam with .29 kernel based CM + camswitch (e.g. styx .29)?

no -> no idea what's wrong (because kernel is almost like stock, cam should work there if it did in 1.)

yes -> you possibly use a cam sensor that is not supported by kernel .32 **

** if you end up here you might need to ask pier11 for further help. I've sold my pulse yesterday so there's not much I can experiment any longer...

I've sold my pulse yesterday so there's not much I can experiment any longer...

sad to read it... probably you have your x3 now :)

anyway many thanks for the camera work and for everything you have done for the pulse :)

Guest rajoni

I've sold my pulse yesterday so there's not much I can experiment any longer...

Glad to see you are moving on. This is taking too much time. But please, please, please. before you leave us for good could you recompile libhardware_legacy of cm7 mod so we can use softmac solution. I will test it.. I hope that this didn't sound ungrateful :( Just desperate..

P.S. Thank you for all the great work. I really mean it...

Guest dr.flo

Glad to see you are moving on. This is taking too much time. But please, please, please. before you leave us for good could you recompile libhardware_legacy of cm7 mod so we can use softmac solution. I will test it.. I hope that this didn't sound ungrateful :( Just desperate..

P.S. Thank you for all the great work. I really mean it...

:):):)

try this

libhardware_legacy.so.zip