Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pawilson78

Motorola ICS UK - WiFi only [STOCK]

7 posts in this topic

Thought I'd start a topic for the looming ICS OTA update for the Xoom tablet, and see how people get on with the upgrade...

I just bought this tablet after seeing the Car phone warehouse offer on this fine sites news page, (thank you Modaco )

Its such a lovely bit of kit that I wish I had bought for me rather than the Wife. I know there is the hack to turn it into a US GED to enable the OTA ICS, but tbh its lovely as it is. Even used it as a GPS Sat Nav round Aberdeen, whilst tethered to my trusty Blade. Flawless:-)

I hope this £249 CPWarehouse offer lasts long enough for me to get another one :-) Will be posting here when the update rolls out.

XXXXOOOOOOOMMMMMMZ:-) :-)

I just bought this tablet after seeing the Car phone warehouse offer on this fine sites news page, (thank you Modaco )

Its such a lovely bit of kit that I wish I had bought for me rather than the Wife. I know there is the hack to turn it into a US GED to enable the OTA ICS, but tbh its lovely as it is. Even used it as a GPS Sat Nav round Aberdeen, whilst tethered to my trusty Blade. Flawless:-)

I hope this £249 CPWarehouse offer lasts long enough for me to get another one :-) Will be posting here when the update rolls out.

XXXXOOOOOOOMMMMMMZ:-) :-)

Same as! CPW special - bargain in my eyes. Think I'll stick with stock for now too. Does your device show 1Gb RAM or 512Mb btw?

Same as! CPW special - bargain in my eyes. Think I'll stick with stock for now too. Does your device show 1Gb RAM or 512Mb btw?

512mb.

I got one from Dixons for £224. :)

I think the best way to get ICS is unlock the bootloader, then stick CWM on it and flash this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1446469

There are custom ICS roms around but I am happy with the stock + root. For overclocking I just flashed a custom kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1454863

Yeah I could root the thing and stick a custom ROM and/or kernel on it, but I thought as the official UK ICS was imminent I'd wait for that first. Aside from the US ROM, is there a fully functioning ROM out there for the Xoom?

well still waiting - Motorola really dragging their feet!

Thought we were going to be one of the first...now nearly last!