[ICS] [ROM][Updated:22/Feb] CyanogenMod 9 (Vivacity + Sanfran2)

Guest MCZQ

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Top Idea, just out of interest, how much crossover is there in the code for all these ZTE phones? Cos they all seem to share the same family of CPU and GPU, the other stuff must be quite close.

Guest tilal6991
Top Idea, just out of interest, how much crossover is there in the code for all these ZTE phones? Cos they all seem to share the same family of CPU and GPU, the other stuff must be quite close.

A lot. Pretty much most code is cross compatible.

Great effort guys. Exciting to think that there is now a real chance that this could be on our Crescents soon. :-) Sorry I don't know the 'under the hood ' stuff but wanted to cheer you on from the sidelines

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

A lot. Pretty much most code is cross compatible.

So, to be honest it would have been quite easy for ZTE to give us an upgrade? Most other manufacturers seem to be retroactively upgrading their phones to ICS.

What I'm planning on doing is making a common repo for configuration which is the same across all the devices and then have individual repos for individual devices which contain only the options relevant to that device. I'll put it up on the weekend.

Posted Today, 02:27 PM

New build up!

Lalit, I hate to keep asking but now that you have released the new build on Skate could you give us an update on when we might get a version for the Crescent........... pleeeeez?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Good to hear that things were progressing behind the scenes. Happy to test on TMV (tho I have no expertise).

Let me know if you need any information. :-)

I would suggest grabbing this from the market :

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5qdGIuYWxvZ2NhdCJd

This will allow you to collect logs and send them to Lalit for debug purposes.

Guest jasonleeds

Great work, just get one on here start getting feedback.

Im willing to give it a whirl let you know bugs and stuffs, im not great but im sure if you let me know what you need n how to get it i can sort it out.

I always feel the more people you have helping the better no matter how small their role is.

Top work though guys. keep it up!¬

Ok guys, New links up :) For both Sanfrancisco II and Vivaicty.

Can someone please tell me if the touchscreen works on the Sanfran2?

Cheers

Thanks!! Booted on TMV in 3 mins. 2mins in & no problems lol. First impression - Wow- lookin good! Will nose around & get aquainted a little better. Woohooo! Look out ICS - here we come smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif.

UPDATE - So far working = Wifi, Market, Gmail, Browser, Messaging, People, Gallery, News&Weather, Voice Dialler,

Not working = Camera, Calculator (installed one from Market which is better anyway), Calendar ( Configuration screen - "Couldn't open connection to Server")

Some apps freeze / cause reboot on 1st opening but seem stable subsequently. Otherwise just one unexpected system reboot so far.

Edited by Titas

Guest Adam Cable

Only issues are:

- the home button doesn't work on the San Fran.

- the camera doesn't work - I get "Camera error - Can't connect to the camera"

Edited by Adam Cable

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Just loaded it up on the San Fran 2, mostly the same problems as before.

I tried flashing the google apps from here, it seemed to work but nothing is available while using the phone, no market, no gmail, etc.

Tracking works fine but here's what I noticed not working so far :

Keyboard wouldn't change from alpha to numeric while in the wireless section, it seems to be some kind of graphical layering problems as I also had some flickering when messages showed.

Applications:

Browser works but is very slow

Calculator won't open, black screen, eventually caused reboot

Calendar won't open, black screen, asks for force close

Camera won't work, "Can't connect to the camera"

Clock Works

Downloads Works

DSPManager Works

Email asks for details, Works

Gallery opens but doesn't show images from sdcard

Messaging opens but no account yet

Music opens but shows nothing

News and Weather Works, Although Weather says "No weather location available"

"People" opens and allows you to add a contact but says it won't be backed up cos google account isn't signed in

Phone seems to work but no contacts

Rom Manager seems to work as it does in 2.3.5

Settings works but some sections have place holders and are missing but this is the same as CM9

Speech Recorder seems to work

SuperUser works and shows Rom Manager as having root permissions

Terminal Emulator shows up and works

Voice Dialer froze up, I removed usb cable and phone rebooted

ZTE Skate Settings opens up but the proximity sensor doesn't seem to blank the screen.

MCZQ, Do you have a link for a version of the google apps that will work on our phone?

Googleapps zip is not required this time as its included. As default i was able to make a new google account and login + check emails and use market etc. Weirdly it seemed to be kernel related why that wouldnt work last time.

The only crashing / rebooting I have seen during my testing has been USB/Mounting SDCard related. So You could try your voice search without USB being connected.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

OK, Tried flashing the rom without flashing the google apps pack and I'm still not getting any google apps, no market, no gmail, nothing. What's that all about?

I went into the apps, no market. I went into the settings, then into Accounts & Sync, then "Add Account" and all that shows is Corporate and Email, No Google.

Tried restarting a couple of time, no joy.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

OK, Tried flashing the rom without flashing the google apps pack and I'm still not getting any google apps, no market, no gmail, nothing. What's that all about?

I went into the apps, no market. I went into the settings, then into Accounts & Sync, then "Add Account" and all that shows is Corporate and Email, No Google.

Tried restarting a couple of time, no joy.

I am puzzled as I dont even have a gapps.zip on my sdcard any more - You can find a list of what I assume is the latest here http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ I need my phone ATM so cannot wipe to test for you. At least we know a working combo is deffo out there as I am using it lol :)

SGH-i200, that could be a nice workaround I shall look into that - My guesture homebutton app is becoming a pain (Zmooth lite)

Edited by MCZQ